PDA

View Full Version : logic vert frame......

Chris_automag_07
06-14-2005, 09:29 PM
would anybody mill a logic vert frame or rpg chimera frame to fit e-mag board and noid??????
i want to make a custom e-mag. and to fit all other emag parts.(and i don't want to wait for a d-mag)

RRfireblade
06-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Don't think it'll go but I can check tommorrow. Plus your going to need a scratch built, hardend sear. That'll be a toughy. Better off going pneumatic Morlock or Devil mag.

IMO.

But I'll have a better assesment in the A.M.

Chris_automag_07
06-14-2005, 09:55 PM
that would fit my mag? wanted to get d-mag and had money for it but there was like a three month wait at the time, and i like to play not just wait for my gun.
would an e-mag sear not fit, or could i not use the new pred. board coming out from bob at tag.?

RRfireblade
06-14-2005, 10:01 PM
The sears going to be the big issue regardless of what board you use. Your probably going to have to use a modded stock sear of some sort or come up with a ram or soleniod that can be placed in such a manner to trigger a stock or modded sear.

Then you have to add a microswitch, board, battery etc. Quite a but more than a simple milling of the frame.

Chris_automag_07
06-15-2005, 12:23 AM
well if it was made to use e-mag parts then why couldn't you just use the emag parts.......(tell me what is wrong with my idea, b/c im sure is something obvious and i am stupid but go ahead) i want to use the e-mag...noid, switch, board, battery(including big pack in front), and all the other things, i just want to have a vert frame e-mag, is this possible???
:confused:

trains are bad
06-15-2005, 12:31 AM
You can't do that dude. It's just not that simple. The Logic Vert frame != emag frame. The parts are designed to work in the emag. If you want to build an e mag of your own you are going to have to put more thought into it than that, because it's not going to be that easy. If it was everyone would do it. It's not that hard to scratch build up an emag design. Especially with the ULT out now. And predator morlocks are teh roxorz.

Chris_automag_07
06-15-2005, 12:59 AM
i know that the emag board is se up for the 45 degree gripframe, i just think it would be nice to have a 90 degree emag, besides i never said anything about it being easy.

Chris_automag_07
06-15-2005, 01:02 AM
well what is the devilmag, i know that it has a smaller noid no battery pack and all that but how did that go besides mounting the board and the noid and the switch. anyway, its not that big of a deal, just asking. ;)

trains are bad
06-15-2005, 07:48 AM
It could be done, but it would also be pointless, because by the time you went through that much effort you could build a better custom firing system than the archaic emag internals.

Chris_automag_07
06-15-2005, 12:32 PM
uhhh...yeah , like maybe a ( i dunno) predator board.? that any better?

Pacifist_Farmer
06-15-2005, 01:22 PM
No offense Trains, but you've said several times that he can't, and that it's pointless and yet you havent mentioned once WHY he can't.

Not being an EMag owner I can't answer the question, although I think it has something to do with size and component layout. I am however interested in hearing WHY it can't be done.

Is there anyone out there besides RRfireblade, who can make an educated answer?

warbeak2099
06-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Joni did it with a hyperframe noid. GADevil does it with hyperframe noids on his DevilMags. It is possible. Not with emag internals, but you can have an electronic vert frame. I'm installing kingman esp internals into my Logic ripper vm. It's getting to be a pain in the arse, but I'm doing it.

RRfireblade
06-15-2005, 01:59 PM
WEll, in a nut shell, the Emag 'guts' are layed out for a .45 frame and simply will not work in a 90* frame. It lloks as tho you may get the board in there but then the relationship for the sear and the soliniod are way off and will not work together. So...you could build a new sear to correct that alignment which would be extremely difficult and NOT something a DIY'er can handle or....

Start with a different board (Morlock), a soleniod that will...a) fit and b) have the force required to trip the Mag sear ( it's quite heavy) or go with an electropneumatic soleniod,add an LPR to feed it and a Pneumatic ram to trip the sear.

Or...

Buy a complete Devil Mag frame if possible, or contact GaDevil and see if he will do the mod to your frame. (I have no idea if he would).

In any case it's no simple task.

trains are bad
06-15-2005, 09:29 PM
WEll, in a nut shell, the Emag 'guts' are layed out for a .45 frame and simply will not work in a 90* frame. It lloks as tho you may get the board in there but then the relationship for the sear and the soliniod are way off and will not work together. So...you could build a new sear to correct that alignment which would be extremely difficult and NOT something a DIY'er can handle or....

Start with a different board (Morlock), a soleniod that will...a) fit and b) have the force required to trip the Mag sear ( it's quite heavy) or go with an electropneumatic soleniod,add an LPR to feed it and a Pneumatic ram to trip the sear

Exactly what I was getting at. BTW there's a whole lot of room to fit stuff in the vert frames.

RRfireblade
06-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Exactly what I was getting at. BTW there's a whole lot of room to fit stuff in the vert frames.

I have a little experience fitting stuff in there myself. ;)

Chris_automag_07
06-15-2005, 10:54 PM
hey, RRFireblade can you do it for me? For some ( prolly alot) of $$$$

Chris_automag_07
06-16-2005, 10:47 PM
how about hyperframes, does anyone have one for sale?

Automaggot68
06-16-2005, 11:27 PM
how about hyperframes, does anyone have one for sale?
AO has an Awesome seach feature.