PDA

View Full Version : Trigger isn't as reactive as I'd like...

DyNo!
06-15-2005, 02:18 PM
I got my X-valve and ULE trigger in with no problems.

However, my trigger isn't as reactive as I'd like it to be.

I couldn't get a fast fire rate without using my middle finger to scrape the trigger.

When I say this, imagine that you have mud on your finger and you wipe it off on the table by scraping your finger on it.

Thats the only action I can use to get fast fire rates.

I have a pre-set tank at 800PSI (Crossfire).

I had to turn the velocity nut outward to get this to happen.

I am using a level 10 with a level 7 classic spring.

I am kind of dissapointed that I spent so much money to get this done.

Is there anything I can adjust without going out and buying an adjustable tank?

I can forcefully walk the trigger but this isn't want I was shooting for.

What I wanted was a light, fast, reactive trigger.

Any help is appreciated...

Asym
06-15-2005, 02:27 PM
without using an adjustable tank the easiest way I can think of is to add more shims into the ULT. This might work but you also have a higher chance to get it to runaway, where its reactive to the point where its uncontrolable.

DyNo!
06-15-2005, 02:34 PM
without using an adjustable tank the easiest way I can think of is to add more shims into the ULT. This might work but you also have a higher chance to get it to runaway, where its reactive to the point where its uncontrolable.

If I do something like that, I need to be really careful.

Can it go off with the safety on?

What would trigger something like this?

How many shims should I add?

What should I not go above?

Alpha
06-15-2005, 02:50 PM
I have 9 shims in my ult, and I've bounced up to 17BPS (soundtested), and rarely chop. Runaway IS controllable if you set it up to do so yourself.

The easiest way to get it to work is to add shims. Any more then 5 and you will be getting runaway/bounce.

I offer a service at www.TheAlphaMag.com to set up your ULT o your exact likings (Can measure down to the ounce). I'll also tune the Level 10 to perfection. The price for the combo is $20 (but is not listed on the store), please PM me if interested.

If not, I have a tutorial on how to get your mag to bounce like mad on my site as well, its in the tech section.

EDIT: Yes, it can go off if you have the safety on. The safety only stops the trigger. The ONLY way this can happen is if you do something to the air system (increase pressure, velocity), or strike the rear of the valve hard.

rifleman wi
06-15-2005, 03:58 PM
heres my old ult'd mag with 6 shims on a preset tank....RT-Pro (http://www.jayloo.com/videos/show_vid/44.html)
RT-Pro 2 (http://www.jayloo.com/videos/show_vid/41.html)

ThePixelGuru
06-15-2005, 09:22 PM
If I do something like that, I need to be really careful.

Can it go off with the safety on?

What would trigger something like this?

How many shims should I add?

What should I not go above?

You'll just have to play around with the shims until you get it right, there aren't any hard and fast rules that I know of. As far as a safety goes, it stops the trigger, not the seer, on/off or anything else, so if you set it really light with a lot of bounce you could possibly smack it hard enough to fire it and get it to runaway - not a good thing. I think there are some frames which have a safety that stops the seer and not the trigger, don't know what you have.

DyNo!
06-15-2005, 09:49 PM
I set it at 5 shims.

It is exactly how I want it.

I tried bumping it multiple times and it only went off once per bump.

Is bumping the gun a good testing method?

It sometimes goes off when I gas it up.

XtremeC
06-15-2005, 09:53 PM
ooookkkk, heres it goes.. super newb question

what are shims and how can an adjustable tank increase trigger reactivity?

DyNo!
06-15-2005, 09:57 PM
ooookkkk, heres it goes.. super newb question

what are shims and how can an adjustable tank increase trigger reactivity?

Shims are small metal discs.

An adjustable tank has adjustable pressure.

The reactive trigger is controlled by the input pressure.

The higher the pressure, the higher the reactivity.

Stoble
06-20-2005, 01:41 PM
I've been trying to set my gun up similar to what Dyno is doing. I don't get any bounce with 6 shims and when I try to add any more shims it will stop firing. Does anyone know why?
Setup:
crossfire tank (only outputing 750)
xvalve
ult 6 shims
Iframe
lev. 10