PDA

View Full Version : Splatmaster help

Lenny
06-15-2005, 08:58 PM
ok, I know this is an Automag forum, but, does anyone know how I can increase the velocity on my Splatmaster Pistol? I'm not sure the actual velocity, but the balls only travel about 25ft or so. I tried placing washers behind the spring, but that just makes it unable to cock. Any ideas?

Zeruel
06-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Hmmm... Are you talking about the Rapide? I have three, but I still havent figured out how to raise velocity. Mine are fine on a full C02, but when it starts to run out they dont shoot as far... Hmmm.. I might be able to find a manual, ill look. If I do I'll check how to raise velocity.

SAW
06-15-2005, 09:34 PM
It's there an adjuster near the hammer? The changes are all internal, not clear on the specifics.

Jaan
06-15-2005, 11:05 PM
I don't know about your specific gun ... or at least I can't remember, but with a lot of those old guns you had to change springs inside to change velocity.

Lenny
06-16-2005, 12:47 PM
It's a regular Splatmaster pistol. SAW, there aren't any methods of adjusting velocity externally.

Jaan, I tried adding washers inside, but they only made it INCREDIBLY hard to cock.

Automaggot68
06-16-2005, 02:06 PM
You might want to try www.mcarterbrown.com Those boys are alot of help.

Jaan
06-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Jaan, I tried adding washers inside, but they only made it INCREDIBLY hard to cock.
From what I know that's the only way to do it, unless you can change the spring inside the valve to something softer.

BigEvil
06-17-2005, 09:11 AM
I hate to bust everyone's bubble, but there really is NO way to adjust the velocity, on either the Rapide or Splatmasters. I tried everything on my old ones when I owned them. I tried changing spings, adding washers, I tired a syphon tank... nothing worked right. If I added any tension the the spring, the gun would be incredibly hard to cock. If I went with syphon, the liquid froze the valve after a few shots.

Ahhhh this brings back some memories. The good old days. I miss them. I remember I was a big shot because I had a CA adaptor on my Rapide :tard:

SlartyBartFast
06-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Does the Splatmaster use power tubes (?) like nelson based guns?

Changing the size of tube changed the velocity on those.

BigEvil
06-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Does the Splatmaster use power tubes (?) like nelson based guns?

Changing the size of tube changed the velocity on those.

No, they are unique, nothing like a Neslon

SlartyBartFast
06-17-2005, 11:11 AM
http://www.stockclasspaintball.com/images/guntechpics/SM1.gif
:cool:

http://www.stockclasspaintball.com/articles/splatmaster_tech.shtml

SlartyBartFast
06-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Nothing else?

Seems to me that lightening the valve spring should increase velocity.
A heavier barrel (not terribly practical) should also result in a velocity increase.

Basically, it's the same as any other poppet valve. Varying the hammer mass (barrel), hammer spring (large spring behing cocking knob), or valve spring (inside valve body) wouldresult in a change in gas delivered.

I still fondly remember my early days playing with Splatmasters. Good times. :p

But boy were the barrels crappy. :(

Could a custom valve with an adjuster nut in the rear to change spring pressure be used to create an adjustable splatmaster?