PDA

View Full Version : Ramping IS fun!

FSU_Paintball
06-15-2005, 09:03 PM
just warning you now... I got a new toy and this is just a bragging post.

I got the brand spanking new chaos board for my freestyle. Threw it in and holy crap it's cool. First off, programming is REALLY easy. I can program about any function in about 3 trigger pulls, and if I really want to, I can hook it to a PC and mess with it. And everything is adjustable... 2 types of debounce, dwell, presets, all sorts of eye modes, after-eye delay, anti-bolt stick, bolt timers... I can't even figure out what some of this stuff does.

It's got 6 modes of fire... semi, turbo (1 shot then 2 then 1), auto-response (1 shot on pull, 1 on release), full auto, psp ramping and nxl ramping. ROF is adjustable from 6 to unlimited.

So naturally I wanted to see how fast it goes.

I did run air through it, but not with enough pressure to cycle the bolt completely (because my gun is an air hog), and so obviously with no paint either. So my gun probably can't physically push the bolt back and forth fast enough to fire paint this fast (who knows, maybe it can, but probably not), but this is cool anyways...

I put on ramping, turned the eyes off and took a look at what it can do...

Listen to this (click here) (http://www.fsupaintball.com/matt/chaos.mp3)

Haha. Hahahahahaha. Ramping from hell.

Here's the goldwave:

http://www.fsupaintball.com/matt/goldwave.gif

The highlighted section is one second of time. That comes out to about 27 BPS, with bursts above 30. Har har har :twisted:

Now, I'm not going to be one of those people who goes MY GUN CAN SHOOT 32423 BPS!!! because it can't. With paint, in real life, I know it won't shoot this fast. I didn't buy Chaos for this, my gun probably won't even leave straight Semi mode too often. But this is fun to mess around with...

master_alexander
06-15-2005, 09:13 PM
that is cool!!!

ojhspyro89
06-15-2005, 09:18 PM
I recently got a 2k4 chaos in my defiant too, 29 bucks i cant complain. This things awsome. Im amazed with all the settings and stuff. Vapor works makes some very sweet products. Freestyles are pretty sweet too. The guy at my field has a chaos in his, i dont think his has rampin, or he just doesnt use it. Its hella fast, he sprays about a hopper just off the break.

Chaos are sweet. My favorite setting is auto response, just because if you can pull 15 itll shoot 30... well try to at least. One thing i did when i got mine was take my gun to my compressor. It was enough pressure for the lpr to cycle the ram at about 90 psi. I dunno the pressure on free styles but yeah, freestyles rock.

Baby Huey
06-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Boards are OK. You just have to use them when appropiate. Rec ball against people with rentals - not OK. Team practice and tournys - OK. I have a Dynasty board in my shocker and a predator board coming for my new Ton Ton, lots o' fun.