PDA

View Full Version : Ever hear/have this happen on your field?

Carbon
06-16-2005, 02:41 AM
The normal setup is usually the "tourney" guy on the sidelines and the rec ballers/newbs playing.

The "tourney" guys are always making snide remarks, critiquing technique, berrating and rolling their eyes at the newbs/rec ballers so hard you can hear their eyelids snap. And they are saying this to you like they are your buddy. Like i care what your expert analysis of the game was. Yeah were both regulars but, it doesnt mean you are not an a$$. And no, i dont care if you are better than them. Know-it-alls man, sometimes you just wanna shove your hand in their face.

Lucky me i guess, i've had the fortunate moment to tell one kid to just shut the hell up.

I mean hey man these newbs/recballer have only been playing 5 days total, its obvious they are not good, so why the comments man? Why worry about some other guy's technique while you should be worrying about your own? Yeah sure it makes you feel better, but that is for highschoolers, you're fricken 25 years old.

Then, they have the nerve to play against the squids like they are gods gift to newbs/recballers. IDK man, i feel old for saying all of this. but i gotta get it of my chest.

end rant.

usmc8892
06-16-2005, 04:07 AM
can't stand posers either, luckily, have a large pool of regulars to play with here locally!

VFX_Fenix
06-16-2005, 04:22 AM
come play in Fortuna and I have one name for you... Kermit.

Fanatic
06-16-2005, 04:51 AM
its really how you take it
do you really have to listen....

i bet they get the same shiatsu when they play tournie...
but they have everybody in the stands saying they suck

concentrate on your game and use the force

Maggot6
06-16-2005, 05:37 AM
At least you can take their advice if it's any good :) But for the first time player, who already feels extremely uncomforatable andmaybe scared, they don't need some guy screaming to them everything they did wrong..

frontrunner
06-16-2005, 07:42 AM
about a year a go when i was a reg at a field i was know as the d@mn mag to two guys who did the same. and when they steped on the field i seem to always put paint on one of them. they didn't understand how my mag could put paint on their fully loaded shockers. i love hearin one yell to the other its that freaking mag while walking to the dead box. but as long as you see how much of an A$$ they are you'll be fine

deadeye9
06-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Paintball is alot easier to play, from the sidelines.

Automaggot68
06-16-2005, 10:48 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/StaticKnight/OMGGAWDZILLA1111.bmp

JoshK
06-16-2005, 10:53 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/StaticKnight/OMGGAWDZILLA1111.bmp

Cooooool...

Never had that happen at my field.

-Josh

hAppy
06-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Bah we see them too much, it's been accepted into the paintball community, they make up the "punk kids" portion that the hobby has been known for. Maybe those people are just angry with life and they have nothing else that can boost their self esteem but to snicker at younger children.

Carbon
06-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah i suppose its one of those thing you have to accept. It exists.

Evil1
06-17-2005, 12:14 AM
As the sport grew, there was a bigger influx of those types of people. There are alot of those types at fields now. 9 years ago when I first started there wasn't as many people like that. I guees that was a small price to pay with the growth of the sport.