PDA

View Full Version : Set screw behind trigger on frame

AirChunck
11-28-2001, 10:49 PM
1. Good Idea
2. Bad Idea

I was thinking, I (on the z-grip), when in rapid fire, pull the trigger all the way to the frame. Could I (or should I) drill and tap the frame behind the trigger and add a screw to stop the trigger when the bolt fires. Right now, when the trigger is pulled, there is still up to 5 degrees of movement left. Good idea or not? Has any else tried this?

BlueMagRT
11-29-2001, 08:30 AM
the play is left both infront of the trigger and behinf the trigger to make sure that the valve get fully opened and closed everytime you pull the trigger.

PyRo
11-29-2001, 04:16 PM
Same thing as screwing in the trigger rod.

AirChunck
11-29-2001, 05:46 PM
Doesn't adjusting the trigger rod just move the sear, I want to limit the range of motion of the trigger. Having the least movement from the point where the trigger is untouched and all the way forward to pulled and touching frame and soemwhere in between the bolt is released.

Restola
11-29-2001, 08:16 PM
i say go for it, then when you have to buy new parts you'll be helping the economy!

AirChunck
11-29-2001, 08:20 PM
Good (and helpful) Philosophy there Restola

AirChunck
11-29-2001, 10:48 PM
TTT, I still need more info!!

Thanks

Thordic
11-30-2001, 08:04 AM
It sounds like a normal trigger stop to me, lots of people do it. If you screw it out too far, you can cause problems, but if you have too much extra room after the bolt fires and you want to clean it up, go for it. I would reccomend only trying to clean up roughly 50%-75% of the slop you want to clean up, though. That way you give yourself a benefit without coming close to screwing anything up. The closer you try to tweak it, the more likely you are to screw something up, IMO.

Worst case scenario, you take it out later.

markhauguel
11-30-2001, 11:57 AM
I have done this on a Benchmark ,but although I have not seen one up close, I would find it hard to believe that the Z-grip is much different. Make sure that it still fully cycles and not if it still works stable. It will work but still chew up the bolt and sear if it is really tight on the pull side. On the release side the sear has to fully engage on the edge of the bolt or the point on the sear will wear badly. (experience). Just don't try to get it too tight, there has to be some play. Good luck.

Xzion
11-30-2001, 12:11 PM
I dont see the problem with the Z-Grip trigger, theres hardly any slop in it in the first place, but thats just my thoughts, I say its a bad idea, as restricting the trigger is potentially hazerdous to your mag', and as they say, if it isnt broke, dont fix it. :D