PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a Nitro Duck system?

Smokee_2_7
11-28-2001, 11:45 PM
I have recently gotten ahold of a used Nitroduck 3000psi reg with a 68ci tank. My main question is this. Is the tank supposed to hold pressure when unscrewed from the reg? When I unscrew mine it looses pressure from the pin valve in the tank. This is the only nitro duck system Ive messed with in a long time, and i cant remember if it's supposed to do this. If anyone is wondering about exactly what nitroduck reg im talking about, here's a pic

Cliffio
11-28-2001, 11:55 PM
i think that its suppose to
something about safety
but its only on that kind of tank, my mega reg tank when unscrewed from the reg doesnt do that

ive only heard that, i cant confirm, but i dunno

that looks like a really old reg.
how old it is?
u know?
did the tank come witht the reg?
whats the date on the tank?

just wonderin

Cliff

Smokee_2_7
11-29-2001, 12:01 AM
yes, its an older one. The tank came with that reg, and I had to have it re-hydro'd this year- - - so i guess Its almost 4 years old.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone else know for certain?

Mild 7
11-29-2001, 06:31 AM
Mine don't do that either.

adlar
11-29-2001, 03:00 PM
Is that a minireg adjustable? Mine had an on/off, but you say yours is a pin valve? Some pin valves start to leak after awhile. Depending on the type of pin valve you may be able to get it replaced. You can always call PMS.

mac2k4
11-29-2001, 03:39 PM
those stlye tank leak when they have pressure and you unscrew them from the reg. mine does it, and about 10 others i've seen

nerobro
11-29-2001, 03:43 PM
that looks like a minireg 1 You need to turn the tank off before you unscrew it. If you do not... well obviously gas is going to leak. if it leaks even WHEN you turn the tank off, then your on/off is fualty and you need it rebuilt.

Smokee_2_7
11-29-2001, 05:01 PM
As far as the on/off on the tank goes- - -- i dont believe there is one. All the tank has on it is a fill nipple, a burst disk, and the threaded poppet vave that screws into the regulator.

Adlar, yes, it's adjustable. you stick a screwdriver or allen wrench through a hole in the rounded end of the rugulator, and turn the housing - - -apparently increasing or decreasing pressure on the reg. main spring (i guess- - - Ive only stripped the reg down once, and couldnt get the whole thing apart. Looks like a pretty simple design.)

Ive emailed nitroduck, and am waiting for a response. On a side note, their web site is a pain in the butt to navigate.

Anyway, thanks for the info. If anyone knows how to rebuild the poppet valve, please let me know.

Cliffio
11-29-2001, 05:03 PM
im sure you can get a rebuild kit, dunno how much they are, and YES that site sucks

nerobro
11-29-2001, 05:04 PM
then the tank is a minireg 2. If you don't get a good answer from PMS you may want to try putting some oil on the poppet valve, and pushing it in a few times. Make sure the tank is empty of course ;-) that may work some oil into the seal and make it work ok again.

E-Mag man
11-29-2001, 05:25 PM
I have th exact same one and its about 4 years old too and has the same problem. I took it to my local dealer and he said it wasn't supposed to and then he took it apart and fixed it but then when I filled the next time it started again. My dealer told me I would probably have to call nitro duck and get a new valve. So maybe they just wear out after a few years

SoupRman
11-29-2001, 09:51 PM
e-mag man: when you make the call, can you give me a PM and tell me hwo much they charge for a new reg.? micro-reg to be exact. thanks man i appreciate it.

Doobie
11-30-2001, 10:46 AM
Here is a first hand, real deal answer. I have the same air system and just as old. I had the exact same problem. I too, brought mine to my local dealer and he too, took the pin valve apart and reassembled it. It too, did not work. Lucky for me, I was passing through St. Louis on my way to Ft. Leonard Wood where I am stationed and found out 'duck is near by. I called, and Kip told me to stop by. I brought the tank in and he replaced the pin valve on the tank and now it works great! Moral: Call 'duck and send it in.

On a side note. I think all their tanks now come with an on/off to avoid this problem. BTW, you can upgrade your reg to 4500psi by ordering a new rupture disk from them ($15.00) and getting a 4500psi tank(that is important!). The reg housing is approved for 6000psi so it is an easy change!
Kip is a nice guy and has helped me out twice.
Hope I helped:cool: