PDA

View Full Version : Other Bolt - leaking through barrel???

Manuel_FZR
11-29-2001, 12:21 AM
Hi!
Something amusing occured to me.
I have an old VENOM Bolt (superlight plastic bolt), wich I tested yesterday. After I have installed the bolt, i gased the Mini up and everything is ok. Then i shoot one time, the gun leaks through the barrel. If i keep the trigger pulled, everything is ok.
How can this be? only another bolt, and my Mini is leaking. The dimensions of the two bolts are the same ...
If someone knows the reason, please post it. Thanks

steveg
11-29-2001, 05:52 AM
Hi Manuel what you need to do is install a shorter powertube
spacer. check page 17 of your manual for details,
the spacers come in different lengths, marked on their side,
start by installing the next smaller size and test
fire. If you go too short you get bolt stick.
All bolts differ slightly from each other. Thats one
of the reasons why airgun puts 5 spacers in their spacer kits.

Incidentally a $1 canadian coin works perfectly as a tool
to remove the power tube tip.(the $2 coin as well but it
costs twice as much):rolleyes:

Smoken
11-29-2001, 07:12 PM
Where can I get a spacer kit? And how much will it cost me?

Xzion
11-29-2001, 08:14 PM
You can call AGD to get a spacr kit, and I believe theres some spacer kits made by other companies. The AGD one runs for 15.00 USD if I remember correctly.

Manuel_FZR
11-30-2001, 02:10 AM
First: Thanks for the help ... this was my first thought.
And: What are the differences between a AGD Spacer kit and one from another company? Here in Germany the original is verry expensive (about 27$) - like all original parts :( . The Kit from another company costs 13$. Can I use this one?

Thordic
11-30-2001, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by steveg
Incidentally a $1 canadian coin works perfectly as a tool
to remove the power tube tip

In current news, a member of the website Automags.org, steveg, proved today that the Canadian dollar is not yet totally worthless. In addition to its common usage in the game of tiddlywinks, it can also be used to remove the powertube tip on a paintball gun known as an automag. Back to you, Brad...

MagNumPI
11-30-2001, 08:46 AM
I got a few in my tool kit... what do I need to buy that 62 cents?

:( it's sad.. i'm canadian and my money is not worth any thing anymore.... **starts to sob**

Potatoboy
11-30-2001, 09:03 AM
Just wanted to chime in.
Yes, it probably is your powertube spacers, and you can try to buy the other kit, but if it doesn't work be prepared to shell out for the original one.

And on the other topic this thread seems to be covering, speaking as a Detroiter, I love to go to Windsor with about 20 bucks US in my pocket and exchanging it for approximately 234 billion Canadian dollars.

Thordic
11-30-2001, 02:16 PM
Yeah, my mothers side of the family is from Canada (my relatives moved to Canada back in like 1770 or so).

I have relatives in Brockville, Ont; Quebec City, Que; Montreal, Que; and Ste. Eduard Du Frampton, Que (Probably just Frampton on modern maps)

I love going up there and buying up everything I see for nothing. We go out to eat, and we order entrees that are like $25, and my canadian relatives are like "That costs $25!" and my dad is like "Yeah, but its not real money."

Muzikman
11-30-2001, 02:47 PM
Except for my RT, I have proTeam spacers in all my mags. I have been using them for about 7 years now and never had a problem, the only difference is that the AGD spacers are brass and the ProTeam spacers are Aluminum.