PDA

View Full Version : level 7 question

p00
06-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Gents,

I'm thinking about pre-ordering a pred. board for my e-mag and getting eyes and such. Herein lies my question. If I get eyes for the e-mag, I'm going to ditch the level 10 and try to scrounge up some extra efficiency. However, in doing so, I'd have to remove the level 10 and all of it's pieces and replace it with a level 7. Now, for the question(s), if I do scrap the level 10 and go for the eyes and level 7, should I get a foamy bolt, or foamiless? What exactly do I need for the level 7 (spring, bolt, power tube tip, anything else)? Are there any parts of the level 10 that I can keep and use for the level 7 without losing that little bit of efficiency? Any and all information you might have would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.

--Terribly misunderstool

Muzikman
06-17-2005, 10:52 AM
The only part that would be usable in Level 7 mag that came from the Level 10 would be the shortest spring. The parts you would need are.

Power tube oring
Power tube spacer (might as well buy the kit)
Level 7 bolt (I perfer the Foamie, but the foamieless is less to worry about)
Level 7 Power tube tip
Bolt Spring

Now, having eyes will not eliminate ball breaks. One of the things you might see when changing back to a level 7 bolt is more barrel breaks (not chops). The problem is that when the level 7 bolt moves forward it can nick the bottom of the next ball in the stack. This nick can weaken the shell so that when it is fired it can break in the barrel.

Scott Hudnall
06-17-2005, 04:15 PM
get the L7 with the foamie....you won't be disappointed....I use it in my emag rather than the L10 and have no chops or breaks. Just use quality paint and a fast loader, along with a plastic nubbin (if twist lock barrel)....you'll be fine. Again...use QUALITY paint.

Vex
06-17-2005, 04:57 PM
So I can't just "throw" my L7 bolt on my X-Valve, huh?

PRPB
06-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I was thinking of doing the same thing whenever I get the predator board. I was thinking though what if you just change the setup of the lvl 10? Go down to the smallest spring and change the carrier if needed. Would that bring the efficiency down near the lvl 7??