PDA

View Full Version : Valve stars...

Boy_Wonder
11-29-2001, 01:17 AM
Okay. Its a long story, but about a year and a half agoPaintball Discounters' (http://www.paintball-discounters.com) Pro shop was getting rid of their old field rental mags. They were selling them relatively cheap so I decided to get one.

My Valve serial # is FG38318. I was planning on sending it to AGD for some tech issues that i have worked on for a long time with no luck. I was wondering what kind of service these valves have, if any.
thanks ahead of time for the help.

edit:
heh, well i forgot something. The valve has no stars. The reason I ask this question is because a friend said the older mags with no stars had unlimited stars i guess you could say. If someone can give the heads up, it would be appreciated.

Phatty
11-29-2001, 05:29 AM
No stars means free repair for life. All you have to do is call AGD for a RA and send it in.

cphilip
11-29-2001, 09:08 AM
No. If I remember right Field Rentals had no warranty..ever. Well maybe 90 days originaly.

Phatty
11-29-2001, 02:10 PM
I forgot, RENTAL. My bad.

jdrotert
11-29-2001, 03:32 PM
so... no stars, free repair for life, huh? I have a CF22043 numbered valve.

PyRo
11-29-2001, 04:19 PM
Having no stars is not automatic free fixes. Their are limits on this. Go to www.airgun.com and read over the warenty section for more info.

Boy_Wonder
11-30-2001, 12:37 AM
Well, thanks for setting me straight on that cphillip ;). Too bad, I thought I could get some work done on my gun for free :).

Guess I can go ahead and ask my Tech question on what i have been having troubles with...

I am having some troubles with air leaking out of the back of the valve. My velocity isn't set high because the fastest i can get the gun shooting is 270 FPS before it starts leaking just a little air out the back. A few other things I have tried were replacing "most" of the o-rings and the reg seat. When I say most, I mean the O-rings that "appear" to be damaged or old. I may have answered my own question here, but I want to know if there is something I am missing. I have cleaned out the whole inside of the gun as good as I possibly can with my own tools and I haven't had any luck. For the time being I just shove a whole bunch of teflon tape into the velocity screw so the leak stops ;).

Suggestions are welcome.(oh yeah, don't tell me my velocity is turned up too high because it ain't :p)

cphilip
11-30-2001, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Boy_Wonder
Well, thanks for setting me straight on that cphillip ;). Too bad, I thought I could get some work done on my gun for free :).

Oh I never said they wouldn't do it for free. Just that they do not have to. Big Diff! AGD is real good about helping you out. I suggest you call Tech Support and see if they just might. Make sure you register the marker with JoAnn or Marcia first and then speak real nice to the Tech guy. You might need a spring pack. He might just send you one if you are real nice.

Boy_Wonder
11-30-2001, 09:29 AM
heh, thanks again. I'll try calling them. I never even thought about a new springpack, never even crossed my mind. Does make some sense because its about the only part I haven't replaced. Who knows how many shots the gun has been through without that ting being replaced with the gun being a rental; I've shot about 10k balls through it myself.