PDA

View Full Version : WGP's bringing back the Black Magic

WickeDKlowN
06-18-2005, 12:41 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere so I figured I'd post it.

http://www.armyoforr.com/Images/frontBmteaser.jpg

From www.armyoforr.com:

Electronic features:
• Auto on/off
• Auto eye on/off
• Auto trigger antibounce
• Bi color L.E.D.
• On/off membrane switch
• Ergo frame
• EZ system directions

Standard features:
• Delrin bolt with vertical pull pin
• Side cocking system
• Shortened high flow bolt
• Removable clamping feed tube
• Customer 3D milling
• Cam lock front block
• Adjustable low pressure regulator
• World class WGP lifetime limited warranty
• Ergonomic trigger frame with integrated bottom line rail
• Adjustable inline regulator

Apparently it's some sort of internal half-block or something. It just seems so weird for a cocker to have no back block. What do you guys think?

DiSoRdeR
06-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Head some one mention it on the wgp forums awhile ago, and was excited. Black magics are amoung one of my favorite markers. Kind of hard to see it in that picture, would you happen to have any full body shots of it?

Ov3rmind
06-18-2005, 02:56 AM
I owned a Black Magic a couple years ago. Loved that thing. I'm interested to see what this ends up looking like though.

drg
06-18-2005, 03:57 AM
Seems like a factory halfblock, finally. It probably will funcion and look similar to existing models. Looks like more body sculpting though. Good news all around, IMO.

KapitalJin
06-18-2005, 07:41 AM
I would still go with the 02-04 black magics. :D Just my preference.

Seems like a factory halfblock, finally

Haha, I have been waiting for the halfblocks myself. too bad they didnt make these in production years ago.

AGDlover
06-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Why dont I see a back block in that pic? lol hmmm maby it wont be as costly as the orig. black magic was so now I can buy one

professor_chaos
06-18-2005, 01:50 PM
I got to dry fire one of wgp's guns with their new select fire boards in it at the oklahoma d-day. Must say I was pretty impressed. The milling on that black magic looks pretty cool however I have yet to see a full body shot.

Jonno06
06-18-2005, 06:29 PM
black magics and the original sto's are the sweetest cockers.

professor_chaos
06-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Only cocker I've ever owned is my current pro edition karnivor, I like it.

RusskiX
06-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Full body pic...

http://www.halfcocker.com/albums/blackmagic/9_G.sized.jpg

Meh IMHO, take away the backblock and you don't have a "cocker" anymore. Watching this shoot is like watching a timmy, viking, etc.

DiSoRdeR
06-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Yuck, they killed it! :cry: I agree, if there isnt a back block it isnt a cocker any more. It doesnt even look like one.

atm743
06-19-2005, 10:36 PM
looks ok

somthing new

i still like the older body than this one.

it looks like the tip of the body is from a minimag body :D or is that the barrel??

WickeDKlowN
06-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Full body pic...

http://www.halfcocker.com/albums/blackmagic/9_G.sized.jpg

Meh IMHO, take away the backblock and you don't have a "cocker" anymore.
Even though I think them calling it a Black Magic kind of ruined it, I can't deny it's sexyness.

tony3
06-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Interesting, still closed bolt sucks.

NoForts4Me
06-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Its obvious what WGP/K2 is doing....

Theyve halted everyone making anything looking like an original cocker with a Backblock(Patent/Trade Dress/ Etc infringement).

Now they are making a half-block/turtle version to compete with what other aftermarket manufacturers will be making.

Overall, they are taking as much of the market as they can.Once WGP makes half-block markers, do you think they will then go after anyone else producing them? That was my first thought when I saw this. I don't think they would get very far, but that doesn't mean they won't try. Either way, I think it's a nice looking marker. If I was going to buy a half-block, though, I would wait to see what CCM has up their sleeve.

MadPSIence
06-20-2005, 12:32 AM
I still can't stand the front pneumatics... looks gross

Ov3rmind
06-20-2005, 02:26 AM
I miss the days of Autocockers with back blocks and sliders. :(

WickeDKlowN
06-20-2005, 02:28 AM
I miss the days of Autocockers with back blocks and sliders. :(
Me too. I'm thinking about putting a nice slider on my 03 BM when it gets here.

yingyang
06-20-2005, 11:53 AM
yea now it is like anyother gun, might as well get a timmy, or a freestyle and not have to mess with the front block or front pneumatics , just my two cents

Pacifist_Farmer
06-20-2005, 12:16 PM
please forgive my ignorance, all the years I've played I've never picked up a cocker

At what point did people stop using shrouds? Do they still ship autocockers with shrouds?

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have the front block hanging out unprotected, although I think the new Black magic is just as attractive as the old.

personman
06-20-2005, 12:22 PM
please forgive my ignorance, all the years I've played I've never picked up a cocker

At what point did people stop using shrouds? Do they still ship autocockers with shrouds?

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have the front block hanging out unprotected, although I think the new Black magic is just as attractive as the old.
I dont think anyone uses shrouds anymore... I think they stopped shipping shrouds with the cockers after the 2k2 model.. I'm not sure though. No one uses them though. I guess people think they look bad.

WickeDKlowN
06-20-2005, 01:39 PM
People stopped using them quite a while ago. Personally, I think they're ugly as hell.

People will stull buy the BM over Timmies, Trix's, etc. because of it's massive upgradability. It appears that aside from the bolt and mabey ram(I havn't seen a shot of the left side) it will take normal cocker parts. You can upgrade literally every single part of the gun and make it exactly what you want.