PDA

View Full Version : Tom: I have a suggestion about the Z-Grips

JanStah
11-29-2001, 05:58 AM
Hi Tom,

I've always thought that the Z-grip was a unique and clever design that was under-appreciated by the paintball community.

I have an Idea that may change the perception of the Z-Grip among the non-mag-owning paintballing masses.

Make Z-Grips for other guns.

Simple really; people dont understand Zgrips because they're foreign to everyone except mag owners (apart from Manike and his crazy Z-Bushy).

Obviously, you'd want to target those types of gus that have a relatively simple firing system; I'd recommend Impulses, Shockers, Spyders, Piranahs(sp?), Impulses, Bushies, etc.

I think Centerflag have the right idea with their Hyperframes; sell a good product for as wide a range of guns as possible.

Benefits:

1. Gives quality AGD products to a new, untapped audience.
2. Makes you some money.
3. You're the sole supplier of a unique differentiated product. No competition.
4. Relatively simple to create the different versions; most of the design is already done.

Am I making any sense?

Let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Jan.

AGD
11-29-2001, 01:13 PM
Jan,

We have already licensed another company to make them for Angels, we will see how that goes.
AGD

zads27
11-29-2001, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Jan,

We have already licensed another company to make them for Angels, we will see how that goes.
AGD

Tom, these little info leaks are the best :D
Dunno if i'll get one for my angel though, just doesn't seem like it's right. But who knows, if it turns out good, maybe I'll go for it.

Cliffio
11-29-2001, 01:29 PM
i would def. get one for my angel, i was gonna suggest that in the threadm but your already ahead of me, the only problem i see with that is, the fact that the angel is not a light gun, i dunno if that really makes a difence, but hey if u want to test one, i would be happy to:)
:)

good luck

Cliff

AngelBoy
11-29-2001, 04:20 PM
YES! YES! YES!

I've always wanted a Z-Grip on my Angel, do you have any idea what the price would be like on them?

MajorDamage
11-29-2001, 05:56 PM
YEAH! AngelBoy gets a Z-Grip! Sounds like a fun pop-up book, lol.

ENDO!

emaggot4life
11-29-2001, 07:29 PM
Can we see a pic? I always thought that would look kewl. Why did you choose to go with WDP (or did they contact you)?

Cliffio
11-29-2001, 07:30 PM
whats the ETA of those bad boys?
what is the price gonna be?
what kinda triggers do they have? stock?
or none?

i need some more info:)

now that you went and said that you cant leave us hangin:)

CLiff

AngelBoy
11-29-2001, 07:53 PM
OOOOHHHHH!!!! I've been REALLY hyper ever since I read this! YES! YES! YES! I love you Tom! You 'da man!

Cliffio
11-29-2001, 08:04 PM
BUT, if yuor sig is correct your using a LED

remember those use different grip frames, will the Z grip fit an LED or SE?

i wanna know
also will they have regular angel grip screws?

i wanna know!!!
:)

i also wanna know if they will be for the se and led

Cliff

what i kinda meant by that is i am sure your gonna make them for LCD's but will you make them for LED's and SE's as well

JRSJKD
11-30-2001, 01:26 AM
Your killing me!!!! Z-Grips for Angels but not for the Emag:( I love my Zgrip so much that it's the only thing preventing my from getting an Emag. Guess that I'll have to go out and buy a zgrip Angel to help increase the demand for the zgrip in the hope of it trickling down to the Emag. Too bad I wont play with the Angel :)

J.R.

zyprex2000
11-30-2001, 01:26 AM
How about working on an electronic(not intellifeed) z-grip for mags? i know there are technical difficulties, but i can wait :)

zyprex

AngelBoy
11-30-2001, 09:12 AM
Well, I've got an LCD too, I just use the LED because the LCD is kinda in pieces, but I'll just have to put it back together and start usin that one.

Chaos
11-30-2001, 03:37 PM
Actually, this suggestion has been mentioned by many people ages ago. Ken from K&P Customs has made them for many different guns. If i remember, he made a P grip for (he made them as Pgrips, way back.....) F4 Illustrator, cocker, angel, and I dont remember what else...

zekewh
12-01-2001, 12:19 AM
Come on, you still haven't told us where it is. Thanks Tom.