PDA

View Full Version : Minimag body and emag lowers - Frankenstein 2

Spacemanvic
06-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Well, got my hands on a mini mag body (thanks phazeshifter!). After slight modifications (dremeled the post that the body screw screws into to fit the round slot in the emag lowers, and enlarged the on/off hole in the back, and cut 3/4 inch from the power feed body and had to polish the power feed neck and on/off hole afterwards), I was able to attach it to the emag lowers I have. I do alot of woodsball/scenario play, so I wanted the "vented" look on the minimag. The strap at the front of the powerfeed tube and at the end of the stock is for an assault strap (takes weight off of gun, and allows me to run at high port). The skull symbol on the battery housing is engraved in (again using the dremel). Used black screws to attach emag sight rail to emag lowers (use a bausch and lombe red dot).

Next mod: Predator board :)

Emag minimag mod (http://www.pbase.com/vicstuff/)

master_alexander
06-18-2005, 09:52 AM
cool. i love custom work.

Spacemanvic
06-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Thank you!

Have dremel, will tinker :dance:

KapitalJin
06-18-2005, 10:28 AM
One of the many man made tools... :D Greatest invention ever! (next to the airconditioner).

DiSoRdeR
06-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Very nice, I remember seeing two Minimag Emags on AO a couple years ago. Always liked how they looked :headbang:

wanna-b-ballin'
06-18-2005, 07:43 PM
does it have the little pin to hold the barrel in?

Spacemanvic
06-18-2005, 09:22 PM
does it have the little pin to hold the barrel in?

You mean twist lock? Yes it does. The emag lowers (rails) have the hole needed to contain the barrel lock. I have two twist lock barrels from my old mech mag. Heck, I have enough parts that now I own 2 Mags (emag and mech mag).