PDA

View Full Version : i just got a warp feed and i broke it!HELP ME!!!!

EvRonMcNasty
06-18-2005, 01:22 PM
well some might no that i got that gun from ebay that i posted a few days ago. ok the revvy came with batteries but the warp did not. the warp only runs on 1 9 volt right? ok well i just wanted to see how the warp worked so i took a battery out of the revvy and put it in the warp. i didnt close the battery door or anything abd i just let it dangle from the wires. so it starts spinning and then it stops. i was like what the heck. i look at the wires and the black 1 is still connected inside but the red 1 isnt connected and its just not inside the warp anymore. so i open it up and i guess what little metal thing i connect it to and when i touch the wire to it it spins so i know thats where it goes. how can i reconnect this thing? there is no more wire coming out of the red cover thing that goes around the cover. i also have an extra black peice that has the black and red wires coming from it that have wire coming from it with wire sticking out but that means if i used that 1 id have to take the other black out and start from scratch, does any1 know what i mean. i need to get this thing fixed soon, before my dad gets home in a few hours.HELP! what should i do?

EvRonMcNasty
06-18-2005, 01:58 PM
common guys any input would be appretiated

AGDlover
06-18-2005, 02:26 PM
just put a hole new 9v clip in the warp since the stock ones suck so put the better plactic covered ones in and solder to board

EvRonMcNasty
06-18-2005, 02:52 PM
so ur saying just to use the new wires and solder them? ok my dad isnt that mad and he said hed try to solder them himself so i guess thats what ill do

trains are bad
06-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah go to radioshack and get one of the good plastic snaps, and solder it to the board.

While you are at it you might want to consider getting two and soldering them in parallel. then if you want you can use two batteries for longer battery life and more consistent feeding.

KapitalJin
06-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Those wires do seem a little too open to being stripped. As AGDlover said, just solder it back together, but if you want to be a little more safe, go tot he hardware shop and look for "shoe goo." Its like rubber cement only better. Put a bead of it where those wires are and let it dry. Its going to turn into a hard rubber substance thats going to keep it from stripping again. I used this stuff on all my servos for my model helicopters.

wanna-b-ballin'
06-18-2005, 03:33 PM
just solder the wire back. i just fixed my friends warp about 2 weeks ago, and the soldering job i did is a hell of a lot stronger and cleaner looking than it came. its pretty easy to do.

the battery clip in mine is pretty nice, i dont see any need to replace it. why do people think they are bad?

AGDlover
06-18-2005, 03:35 PM
OK Step:
1. Go to radio Shack
2. Buy thease guys http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=270-324
3. Disconect(desolder and pull out) Old 9V wires from Board
4. Insert and solder in new 9v Clip
5. Test

EvRonMcNasty
06-18-2005, 03:48 PM
ok i soldered the red wire back into place cause my dad didnt want to bother taking out the black one but now i have a new problem. whenever the battery touches the snap connecter the warp just starts spinning and it wont stop, before it broke i could put the battery in and it wouldnt spin, to make it spin id hold down the little white button. now it just always spins, whats wrong with it?

AGDlover
06-18-2005, 03:58 PM
OK for that take off the little black cover on the warp (see pic)
Now when you take it off your going to see a little blue knob turn it counter clockwise untill it stops spinning

EvRonMcNasty
06-18-2005, 04:11 PM
i did what u said but the blue knob just keeps spinning and once and a while it will make a clicking noise.

trains are bad
06-18-2005, 05:56 PM
This is just my opinion, but the vibration sensing function in the warp is worthless and going to cause nothing but problems. I can see it already is! I suggest you find a way to intellifeed the warp so it fires when the marker does.

AGDlover
06-18-2005, 06:13 PM
i helped him fix it dont worry he soldered the red in the wrong place