PDA

View Full Version : 05 Freestyle?

Link44
06-19-2005, 05:45 PM
hey guys i am in the market for a new gun and am looking at the FS. i've read all the stuff on pbnation about it, and would like some opinions of u guys. if u have experience w/ them i'd like to hear what u thought of them. or if there are any constant problems u get with them, or other common problems ppl have. i know it needs a new LPR, but opinions are welcomed. thx alot

-Link44

slade
06-19-2005, 06:19 PM
freestyles are really nice guns especially for the price. but id go for the 04 with 05 internals instead of the 05 (better milling and cheaper, with the same parts). i love mine, its small and really fast. both of the regs are fine for me, i havent replaced them but they could be better. the only thing you have to watch out for is making sure the regs are balanced. if the lpr is too low in relation to the hpr, the lpr will not push the bolt back all the way and the bolt could jam. you should set the hpr anywhere from 250-350 (also depends on if you have HE or not), and once you adjust the hpr and lpr so it fires at the right fps shoot it a bit to make sure the bolt is fully retracting. maybe turn the lpr up a bit (this will lower the fps also)

Link44
06-19-2005, 08:32 PM
thx alot. u know anywhere i could get an 04 w/ 05 internals?

anyone else?

ojhspyro89
06-19-2005, 08:52 PM
The bst are wanderful for that especially pbn

There are tons of freestyles at my field, they all work really good and fast. Id get one if i had money.

slade
06-19-2005, 09:05 PM
thx alot. u know anywhere i could get an 04 w/ 05 internals?

anyone else?
bst forums or ebay. i picked mine up for $460 shipped.

Mind'sEye
06-19-2005, 09:52 PM
The Freestyle is an excellent choice, but it is not a low maintenance marker. Because the bolt action is controlled entirely by air pressure it's very important to understand how the Freestyle works and how to properly tune/maintain it. I recommend you read through all the PBN stickies several times before airing it up. The vast majority of problems are caused by user error. Learn how to balance the regs and lube it properly and you'll have a light, fast, accurate marker that is extremely reliable.

FSU_Paintball
06-19-2005, 11:16 PM
1. Gen-2 04 freestyles with HE internals are the same as the 05s, except for milling.
2. Use super lube teflon oil on every oring, except for the valve stem oring, on which you want to use Radio Shack's Lube Gel. Actually, on that oring I mix the 2 together so it has staying power but stays slick. Believe me, those are the 2 lubes to use.
3. Buy a chaos or nox board. You'll need it to stay legal, adjust settings like dwell and debounce, and to combat first shot dropoff.
4. If you buy a reloader, take the foam off the microphone so it can hear the gun properly.

Link44
06-20-2005, 08:45 AM
thx guys!

comments against the FS are welcomed too, but seems like they are all user error.

rkjunior303
06-20-2005, 08:54 AM
1. Gen-2 04 freestyles with HE internals are the same as the 05s, except for milling.
2. Use super lube teflon oil on every oring, except for the valve stem oring, on which you want to use Radio Shack's Lube Gel. Actually, on that oring I mix the 2 together so it has staying power but stays slick. Believe me, those are the 2 lubes to use.
3. Buy a chaos or nox board. You'll need it to stay legal, adjust settings like dwell and debounce, and to combat first shot dropoff.
4. If you buy a reloader, take the foam off the microphone so it can hear the gun properly.

You can also get the Predator II coding flashed to the board thru TAG.