PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

DarkMag722
06-19-2005, 06:33 PM
I was looking at pics of Mags and some people had 12volt Revy's with a warp feed and others had just Halo hoppers and Empire hoppers and I was wondering which you think is better for a Mag just incase I decide to get a better feeding system.

BigEvil
06-19-2005, 06:41 PM
I have everything you are asking about. Nothing beats the Halo for performance, but being the big guy I am once in a while I get lazy about ducking, so I break out the Warp. Thats usually after taking a few hopper hits.

With a mag the 12v revy and warp does a nice job, but if you really want to go balls-out the 12v Warp mod + halo is a nice combo.

I also have a Xmag with a Warp breech, so it is REAL nice to see over the top of the gun. That alone was the reason I decided to experiment with the Warp.

KapitalJin
06-19-2005, 07:13 PM
I have always loved the halo but then the warp concept is so much cooler! The halo on the other hand would be great for tournament type playing as it saves weight. But to go a long with bigevil, I too dont mind carrying the extra weight.

When I play back I hardly move to the other side of the field, but when I play front, I just put on the revy which is sufficient enough for me.

VFX_Fenix
06-19-2005, 07:36 PM
If you warp your mag you'll end up spending about as much as a HALO if not more. Other than that it depends if you like shooting with your off hand a lot. If you don't then the Warp will be good for you, just be aware that it will change the way the gun feels and a stock Warp won't be as fast as a HALO or Evo II.

sisco87
06-20-2005, 02:26 AM
ive never had any experience with a warp so that why i voted for nice hopper.
i would like to try out a warp though.... :rolleyes: . i bet i would like them.

inkjt510
06-20-2005, 09:01 AM
I use a old Revvy from when the shells were still nice. It has never broken on me and it's really light for playing front.

DarkMag722
06-21-2005, 09:18 AM
I use a old Revvy from when the shells were still nice. It has never broken on me and it's really light for playing front.

The only problem with that is that I can shoot around 14-15 bps. And the old Revvy does about 11 or 12.

sbpyro
06-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Having both a halo b and a 12v revy

I like the feed of the halo b

I like the shape of the revy since it gives me a place to put the barrel cover during the game
(it flips up over the front and stays there the entire game)

VFX_Fenix
06-21-2005, 03:22 PM
The only problem with that is that I can shoot around 14-15 bps. And the old Revvy does about 11 or 12.

Get a High-Rise and play old skool :ninja:

A Revy on gun, depending on how well the gun and hopper are tuned for eachother (manipulation of the ball stack relative to the loader's eye position) will produce 11-12 ball feed rates, though it's spotty at times, since we've all experienced Revvy shot skipping... at least if you've been in the game since '98 or so... If you don't have your hopper tuned you can expect less from your Rev.

I know on my Angel with my Egg in stock form if I pushed past 12bps (peak) I would chop paint, after tuning my Egg for my High-Rise I was able to bump that up to a peak of 14 bps and not skip a shot or chop. I say peak because I know I can't maintain that ROF but the gun said I hit that so... My sustainable ROF is somewhere closer to 10-11 bps according to an E2 which refuses to read above 12bps for some reason but just in training mode and watching the counter that's where it'd hover through a long string.

With a HALO it doesn't really matter how well/poorly your loader is tuned since your initial burst is spring driven and after that if you keep shooting the drive cup just sits there and spins. You have a similar situation with the Warp, actually if you want uber... stick a HALO on a Warp, yeah.... that's a lot of pressure on the ball stack right there...

inkjt510
06-21-2005, 03:28 PM
True. That's why you rock a Level 10 and wait for the new WAS TurboRev to come out. JMJ impellers don't hurt either.

BD_Paintball
06-21-2005, 04:32 PM
rev slows down the warp and it will out feed the rev so it will slow it down. go with a reloader b.