PDA

View Full Version : Online Computer Builders?

FistS
06-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Anyone know of a good online computer building site?
Just looking for a Tower that i can customize really.
Even better, anyone know of any good shops/stores in Jersey?

FreakBaller12
06-19-2005, 07:44 PM
www.ibuypower.com you can build computers, It's exactly what you're looking for. It's cheaper to build one thought, That's what I'm doing from newegg.com

Echo419
06-20-2005, 09:19 AM
or u could just build it yourself with a wider range of parts? www.newegg.com , but otherwise go with the previous post.

Echo419
06-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Freakballer, u better let me know when u get that comp of urs son

JoshK
06-20-2005, 10:48 AM
If you can figure out how to build yourself a computer (it really isn't that hard) just buy from new egg...it will be much cheaper and not that much work.

-Josh

FreakBaller12
06-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Freakballer, u better let me know when u get that comp of urs son
Dont worry I will. I'm not getting my retardo paycheck until the 1st of July. I'll let you know ;) I'll be needing your help

amrani
06-21-2005, 06:41 AM
build your own. its cheeper, you can get a bigger selection for parts, its not hard, and when you are done, you feel amazing knowing what you just did.

im sure people would be willing to help you here (myself included) if need be, but most of the stuff is just plug and play if you are running microsoft windows :tard: (BeOS is the best operating system ever, but for a lot of hardware you need to download a driver or sometimes even create your own which is a pain in the rear.)

on a sidenote, see if you can get ahold of an old computer tower. make sure it still runs fine hardware wise (software can be screwed up, doesnt matter) then take it apart. then you will know how most of the parts fit in and connect.

my 2 cents

NJPaint
06-21-2005, 10:48 AM
What is it with all these New Jersey people needing computers just after I leave??? Gah, if you had asked 3 weeks ago, I would have built it for you while I was out there. =/

FreakBaller12
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
What is it with all these New Jersey people needing computers just after I leave??? Gah, if you had asked 3 weeks ago, I would have built it for you while I was out there. =/
Nah, It's more like
Why are YOU leaving when we wanted new computers!? ;) :p

NJPaint
06-21-2005, 04:54 PM
To start building a beowolf cluster for the Cadiovascular division at the Washington University Medical School :p. Imagine... 140 nodes (computers) AMD64 3500+, 4gb of ram each, and a power supply and nothing else. No cases, nothing, just a custom built piece of aluminum designed for our motherboards, CPU and Ram. The OS, a custom version of linux designed by yours truely and a few other guys is loaded directly into the ram from a central server (no hard drives, keeps the heat down). All of this for pure, unadulterated CPU power

punkncat
06-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Save yourself the hassle and headache. Go to Dell and customize one of theirs.

Newegg is a great place to find parts and pieces though....

WickeDKlowN
06-21-2005, 06:59 PM
I ALWAYS recommend building one yourself, opposed to buying a prebuilt one. It's cheaper, you get exactly what you want and it is a good learning experience if it's your first one.

When I built my last one, the majority of my parts came from ZipZoomFly.com. But like others said, Newegg is a great place. Directron.com and TigerDirect.com are good places too.

Echo419
06-21-2005, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=punkncat]Save yourself the hassle and headache. Go to Dell and customize one of theirs.QUOTE]
Then have fun living with hassles and headaches about why u got a dell

inkjt510
06-21-2005, 10:44 PM
www.buildacomp.com (www.google.com) is a good one.