PDA

View Full Version : what is this?

JimmyBeam
06-19-2005, 11:24 PM
just saw this for sale, and was just curious what it was. a little TLC would do this wonders.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/295319.JPG

FSU_Paintball
06-19-2005, 11:34 PM
PMI-1?

I'm probably wrong.

jenarelJAM
06-19-2005, 11:36 PM
looks like a custom made pb gun made out of copper tubing and some misc. gun parts.

DiSoRdeR
06-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Is it operational? :confused:

sisco87
06-20-2005, 01:09 AM
must be custom made....ive never seen anything like it before

St Elmo's Fire
06-20-2005, 01:35 AM
That looks like a custom job of some sort, a pump without a doubt, designed to have the CO2 jutting out the back like a stock. It's not especially old, and I doubt it'd be much of a collectors item. Not a huge fan of the craftsmanship either, some of the welds are a little messy, and that makes me ask what's going on inside of it.

No clue if it's operational. I don't see anything that would suggest it's not, but I can't see inside it.

JoshK
06-20-2005, 01:41 AM
The closest thing I found was a McMurray and Sons Avenger...that obviously just has pnuematics to make it semi-auto. I could, and most likely am wrong though...I'll make a post on mcarterbrown for you.

-Josh

St Elmo's Fire
06-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Think it's a semi?

JoshK
06-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Think it's a semi?

Never mind...I realized that isn't a ram on the side. It's two elbows and some SS line. :tard:

-Josh

EDIT: I am allmost positive that is what it is...look at a picture of mcarterbrown.com

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/collection3.0/icons/McMurray%20and%20Sons%20-%20Avenger.jpg

All that needs is some new grips, and a different pump handle. Also it was stripped of it's paint(or powdercoat I have no idea).

space_weazel_45
06-20-2005, 04:10 AM
It’s a Sheridan pmi series [p68, pmi-1 ect....] it has had a direct feed mod and a back bottle constant air adaptor put on then the valve was tapped for gas input, sheish where have you people been? These were some of the custom things you could so to Sheridan guns back in the day. It was painted, and the pump handle is part of its age, the aluminum handles came before the plastic ones.

peewee
06-20-2005, 08:04 AM
I had one like that!!!!! Great marker.

JimmyBeam
06-20-2005, 08:49 AM
thanks guys. its goin for pretty cheap (75), although im not sure if i want to put the time into fixing this up or not yet.

WARPED1
06-20-2005, 11:13 AM
PMI-1?

I'm probably wrong.
You are correct sort of, it appears to be a PMI1 modded into a semi. That was my first gun, well, not that one, but a PMI-1.

nt2004
06-20-2005, 11:19 AM
A friend of mine has about 2-3 of those. They are pretty fun to mess around with, but we cant get the velocity under 320, so we stopped using them

Jaan
06-20-2005, 02:52 PM
thanks guys. its goin for pretty cheap (75), although im not sure if i want to put the time into fixing this up or not yet.
You can get the stock class pistol version of that brand new in box for $95:

http://www.pwpaintball.com/guns/page/pgp.htm

And jeeeesh, if I didn't feel old this morning when I got up I sure feel old now. "must be custom made....ive never seen anything like it before" BAH! It reminds me of an old episode of Buck Rodgers, where some bad guys found a cache of "ancient" nerve gas and other artifacts. One of the artifacts was a Browning machine gun. Buck Rodgers picks it up and the guys says "you fool, that's an ancient signaling device!" Buck then lets off a burst and say "Get the message?" Only this time it hasen't been 500 years, it's only been what, 10?

Eatem Alive
06-20-2005, 03:06 PM
You are correct sort of, it appears to be a PMI1 modded into a semi. That was my first gun, well, not that one, but a PMI-1.
it's not a semi...the pump rod is on the other side.

CrimsonGhost
06-20-2005, 03:13 PM
And the 2 elbows are to run the back bottle to the valve..Most def a pump

Aslan
06-20-2005, 04:58 PM
You can get the stock class pistol version of that brand new in box for $95:

http://www.pwpaintball.com/guns/page/pgp.htm

And jeeeesh, if I didn't feel old this morning when I got up I sure feel old now. "must be custom made....ive never seen anything like it before" BAH! It reminds me of an old episode of Buck Rodgers, where some bad guys found a cache of "ancient" nerve gas and other artifacts. One of the artifacts was a Browning machine gun. Buck Rodgers picks it up and the guys says "you fool, that's an ancient signaling device!" Buck then lets off a burst and say "Get the message?" Only this time it hasen't been 500 years, it's only been what, 10?

What's sad is that these guys have no idea who Buck Rogers is

...if he would have said, "I found some paint...and it shot about 70 degrees sideways.." I would have immediately said, "Brass Eagle or Winchester!"...probably would have been right. :dance:

Speaking of mysteries...does anybody know who made the BRUTE pump? I want to try to get it added to pbreview but there's like no information on that gun...just some posts linking it to Paintball Mania Supply and/or Brazil. I like that gun...want to give it it's props on pbreview. :clap:

PsychoBaller
06-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Oldschool Sheridans are making a comeback, even though Sheridan as a company doesn't make a whole lot o guns no more... other than their one newer gun the ... uh.. whatever it is, heh.

Best of luck to finding an old Sheridan KP2 or 3, they rulz

Lee
06-20-2005, 05:34 PM
i could be wrong, but, that almost looks like a mojo by mac-1: a kp w/ a shortened barrel and grip frame added. not saying it is, but kind of looks like one.

i'm probably way off as i've only seen them in pics and not recently.

nt2004
06-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Speaking of mysteries...does anybody know who made the BRUTE pump? I want to try to get it added to pbreview but there's like no information on that gun...just some posts linking it to Paintball Mania Supply and/or Brazil. I like that gun...want to give it it's props on pbreview. :clap:
Ha I have a brute. they were made in brazil as a nelson knock-off. I know Paintball mania makes them, or made them actually. I think I found their website last year but it was way out of date or something

atm743
06-20-2005, 07:49 PM
kinda looks like a stocker

ojhspyro89
06-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Man i gotta get my hands on one of those for cheap someday, ive allways wanted to restore something.

Muzikman
06-20-2005, 08:26 PM
That one is in pretty bad shape for $75. Keep looking you should be able to find one a lot cheaper than that or in better condition.