PDA

View Full Version : Turkey

amrani
06-20-2005, 11:14 AM
i just got back from turkey and all i have to say is wow

its a grreat place, although if anyone here has gone there, they probally went to Istanbul and thats only half the fun. the best part is south east of Istanbul around Balek and Antalia on the Medeteranian coast.

if anyone is looking for a good spot to vacation overseas, Turkey is way up at the top. I loved it so much, i lined up a summer job for me next year at Gloria Golf Resort (Here (http://www.gloria.com.tr) ). Everyone there spoke english too :D . that made for a nice visit.

so, back to my original intentions, has anyone else found a great spot to vacation that they just keep going to over and over? im takling out of the US/Canada/Mexico kind of thing. been to almost every state (cept montana wyoming and nevada, the later of which i will most likely never go to....)

Eatem Alive
06-20-2005, 11:57 AM
the clavey river in the serra nevadas in california...been going there for 35 years. best part...no freakin' people!

maxama10
06-20-2005, 12:29 PM
try jackson hole wyoming go skiing great place... youll be glad you did :) i was born just south of there i love WY!!! :D

SCpoloRicker
06-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Eastern Europe is dirt cheap, and the girls are astounding.

Jakedubbleya
06-20-2005, 01:02 PM
try jackson hole wyoming go skiing great place... youll be glad you did i was born just south of there i love WY!!!

jackson hole? yuppie capitol of nothern usa right next to vail and park city, not exactly a prime spot to get away to, but the terrain at jackson hole resort is absolutely insane even if the snow is a bit substandard.

id recommend it over park city (where i live), but still an overpriced resort town.

try milford utah during hunting season, secluded and beautifull will have new meaning. Moab over the summer when there arent any events going on for some uncrowded off road fun.

i could name about ten more fantastic spots in utah, we really are spoiled here geographically. all i really know are desert spots (new mexico, texas, mexico, arizona)... but i had some fun hopping the lakes around edmonton alberta a few weeks ago, even though the insects were in full swarm, something us desert people dont much care for...

devildog
06-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Eastern Europe is dirt cheap, and the girls are astounding.

i agree totally, and its beautiful on top of it all.

i can set anyone up with great vacationing trips to poland (i was born there). poland is so beautiful right now.

Eagle
06-20-2005, 01:42 PM
I visited the Marmaris/Aksaz area a few years ago, it was amazing to see these mountains just coming right up out of the ocean.

wanna-b-ballin'
06-20-2005, 06:24 PM
try jackson hole wyoming go skiing great place... youll be glad you did :) i was born just south of there i love WY!!! :D

on my way to yellowstone a few years ago, i went through jackson hole. my family was going to stay the night there at my dads old friends house. we got into town at midnight, and got lost trying to find the house. we ended up backing into an SUV because my dad couldn't see well in the dark driving our old RV. we rang a couple of doorbells trying to find the person that the suv belonged to, but the owner was away. a few minutes later though, the person pulled up in another car and we talked to her. it turns out that she was from San Francisco. san francisco is 30 miles north of where i live. we ran into someone that lives near us, but a couple thousand miles from home. what are the chances.
thats my story.

but yeah, jackson hole is cool. i dont remember it too well, but from what i remember, it was a nice little town with lush fields and woods around.