PDA

View Full Version : Going crazy, 68 Classic

DSR75
06-20-2005, 03:28 PM
I have a 68 classic with the LVL 10. It's worked great. The other day a friend of mine who has an automag RT wanted to see how much of a difference the LVL10 would make for his marker. So I removed the lvl 10 from my 68 classic an installed it on his RT. After we used it for a few minutes (and he fell in love with it) I attempted to reinstall it on my 68 C. Something is wrong and I can't figure it out. Whenever I attach my nitro tank it leaks really bad out of the back. I've tried turning the regulator nut and it will only stop leaking when I completely tighten it. Unfortunatly, then my marker doesn't fire or if it does it sputters. I've gone back and reinstalled the lvl 10 and it's in there right. All the O rings are in place and all pieces are installed correctly. I removed the regulator nut and spring pack assembly to make sure they were in place and they were. I've gone over this entire marker and I can't find the problem. I'm in desperate need of some help. Thanks in advance

Stoble
06-20-2005, 03:45 PM
is your reg. seat in good condition, and snapped on the right direction.

rb211
06-20-2005, 05:57 PM
You might want to check your reg piston o-ring. Just out of curiosity, do you have a HP piston in the gun?

DSR75
06-20-2005, 09:16 PM
The regulator seat is snapped in. Since it can only really fit in one way I'm assuming it is the correct way.

I do not know if I have a HP piston.

How do I remove the reg. piston in order to get to the o-ring?

Thanks for responses.

spectre184
06-20-2005, 09:56 PM
How do I remove the reg. piston in order to get to the o-ring?

Thanks for responses.

Make sure gun is degassed. remove AIR valve from rail/frame. I remove velocity adjuster by backing it all the way out. twist back of AIR valve off and I use small allen that will fit thru hole to push out piston.

For your lvl 10 you may need to retune it. I think you may need to use different spring.I believe smaller. If you don't know how to tune it here is good tutorial (http://www.havoc-online.com/11730.html)

hope this helps ;)

DSR75
06-22-2005, 05:57 AM
ok I took the piston out and replaced the O-ring. I reinstalled everything and I still have the leak. I'm going to try and tune the lvl 10 today. I hope that works. If yall have anymore ideas they are greatly appreciated.

athomas
06-22-2005, 09:34 AM
If you had your regualtor seat o-ring out, replace it. Chances are, that air is leaking past this o-ring, causing overpressure in the valve which is venting out the back.

DSR75
06-22-2005, 02:58 PM
I did replace it. That is what is so frustrating.

Muzikman
06-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Try the next larger carrier and use the same oring, see if it leaks. If it does not, go to the next larger carrier and see if it leaks. You want to use the largest carrier without the gun leaking.

spectre184
06-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Muzikman he says it's leaking out back. I'm still learning lvl 10 but that would be main spring, I think?

I came to that conclusion from link I gave above plus this quote from it:

Turning up the velocity is normal for Level 10 tuning it does not mean anything is wrong. If the marker starts venting out the back or the velocity is too high when it does start firing then the main spring is too long. Switch to the next shorter main spring.

Am I right or could something else be :tard: with gun?

DSR75
06-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I guess this is what I get for buying the marker with the lvl 10 already installed. I don't have other parts for it.