PDA

View Full Version : "Born on" date...

rkjunior303
06-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Beer has one, why can't paint for freshness? (or does it?)

cdacda13
06-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Took me awhile to understand what you were trying to say.
Its a great idea. Start sending out letters.

Spaceman613
06-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Nitro Duck (Paintball Mania) has been doing it for well over 5 years.

Retailers don't like it becuase it forces them to have turnover. Which means they have to buy smaller qtys and lose the volume deals they get.

FreakBaller12
06-20-2005, 04:09 PM
everybody's in this sport for the money it seems. Or maybe that's just the way everything is nowadays

-=Squid=-
06-20-2005, 04:22 PM
I found some paint in my car from about 6 months ago. It worked fine. Who cares?

rkjunior303
06-20-2005, 04:28 PM
I found some paint in my car from about 6 months ago. It worked fine. Who cares?

I'm just frustrated by a day with bad paint.. 10-15 breaks a pod type day.

68magOwner
06-20-2005, 04:34 PM
i have only had one day ever in the last 5 years where the paint was literally so bad that it could be called-un usuable, evenyone shooting it couldnt even get it to come out of their barrel, if the force of the hopper didnt break the paint, the force of the bolt did, jut couldnt get shots off, i ended up using a revvy, upping dwell alot, dropping all pressures a ton, and then being able to shoot SOME paint, but, seriously, 1 out of, geeze, i dont even know, a ton of cases of paint has been really miserable, so, i dont think its that big a deal

Eagle
06-20-2005, 04:58 PM
I think it's a great idea

punkncat
06-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Lots of maunfacturers do use a dating system, its really just a matter of public knowledge as to how to read it.

WenULiVeUdiE
06-20-2005, 05:17 PM
I have noticed a month and a year on the bottom of most boxes. Then again that could be the age of the box, not the paint.

/procrastinating studying for finals

Jaan
06-20-2005, 05:38 PM
The worse offender is Wal Mart, and I doubt they'd like to be forced to have to stock fresh paint. In fact it wouldn't happen, Wal Mart controls what thier suppliers do, not the other way around. It might be a good thing for local paintball shops though, players already go to local shops to buy paint because they know it will be good.

athomas
06-21-2005, 09:07 AM
If paint is stored properly it will last a long time. I went out 2 weekends ago and shot a case of 2 year old chronic. To my amazement, it was among the best shooting paint I have ever used. Not only that, but it broke on impact with the target but not in my gun. I had the paint stored in a cool dry place which is recommended for storage. I wish I had a pallat load of that paint.

The problem with a lot of older paint, is that it is stored improperly. What you end up getting is odd shaped balls that have weakened or possibly hardened shells.

It should have a manufacturers date though to prevent someone from unloading poor paint on some unsuspecting person.

slade
06-21-2005, 11:34 AM
skittles anyone?

ive shot some REAL bad paint on occasion, one time i went to a place called first shot paintball... only to discover that the first shot is the only one that doesnt break. my friend tried to bunker me and i knew he was coming so i was ready for him, we both shot at least a dozen rounds at each other, and ONE broke on him. we were both covered with spray.

thats actually a good idea though, rob. although often the reason the paint is bad isnt just due to its age. the premium was fine the weekend before, im guessing it was just the heat or something that made it go bad in a week... or maybe you just had a bad or especially old case. was everyone else having problems?

rkjunior303
06-21-2005, 11:37 AM
skittles anyone?

ive shot some REAL bad paint on occasion, one time i went to a place called first shot paintball... only to discover that the first shot is the only one that doesnt break. my friend tried to bunker me and i knew he was coming so i was ready for him, we both shot at least a dozen rounds at each other, and ONE broke on him. we were both covered with spray.

thats actually a good idea though, rob. although often the reason the paint is bad isnt just due to its age. the premium was fine the weekend before, im guessing it was just the heat or something that made it go bad in a week... or maybe you just had a bad or especially old case. was everyone else having problems?

Everyone seemed to be having issues but not like I was having. I don't know. I'm gonna clean my gun and check everything AGAIN just to make sure. I have a bag left that's been in my car... I'll try shooting that.

VFX_Fenix
06-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Another case of "super old paint" that actually ended up shooting really well was when RPS first switched over to their advantage shell. The stuff that was fresh was... well... squirt-gun fodder more than anything else. The same paint after being left in a garage in the San Juaqin Valley (summers of 100+ and winters of 40 or lower) after a full year three left over cases from the pallet were among the best paint I'd ever shot. Not a single break in the gun and broke well on target. Sometimes aging is good, though I don't recommend you age it quite like that lol.

I know that if you get GAP fresh from the factory it tends to be a lot more brittle than if it's been sitting around for a couple months. Fresh GAP + E-Mag = Blender in my experience.

Thordic
06-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah man my skittles worked great. :)

slade
06-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah man my skittles worked great. :)
i shoulda tried some.

what was the oldest paint in there?

Creative Mayhem
06-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Beer has one, why can't paint for freshness? (or does it?)

MMMM BEEEEEER :cheers: