PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Bottles?

Link44
06-21-2005, 10:02 AM
i really scratched my Crossfire carbon fiber 68/45 tank on rocks over the weekend sliding into the snake. i'm buying a tank cover. to prevent it frmo happening again.

A part of the clear coating on my tank was scratched off, and i was told to put epoxy glue over the scratches and hope that it passes the next hydro.

I was woundering is there a place to get a new tank? like just the tank and no reg. i think i remember airamerica.com had some, but their site is down at the moment. is there another place i can get one?

also what would i have to do to get the reg off my existing bottle and to put it on a new one?

thx in advance!

-Link44

Muzikman
06-21-2005, 10:59 AM
If the scratch is down to the fiber wrap, DO NOT FILL IT (and if it's filled currently, empty it). If the scratch is only in the epoxy coating and the fiber is intact, you can just fill in the scratch with a two part epoxy and smooth it out.

I think most companies that make HPA systems sell just bottles, I would call around.

magman007
06-21-2005, 01:50 PM
well, stupid should hurt. why the hell werent you using a tank cover?

Link44
06-21-2005, 04:20 PM
well, stupid should hurt. why the hell werent you using a tank cover?

i'm cheap :)

ok thx, and i don't think its down to the fiber

Big Weapons
06-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Well, have someone take a look at it. We don't want aluminum chunks in you now do we?

zackzel
06-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Well, have someone take a look at it. We don't want aluminum chunks in you now do we?

I agree with him. ^

magman007
06-21-2005, 10:35 PM

i dunno, if he is dumb enough to not to shell ot 20 bux for a tank cover to protect his 200 dollar investment, maybe he should be embedded with shrapnel