PDA

View Full Version : Portable DVD player advice

Lohman446
06-21-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm looking into getting a portable DVD player (though I'm going to hook it a television in the house as well) so I need A/V outputs for that (its an older (late 90's) television). I want to stay under $150 to $200. Any advice?

Chris42050
06-21-2005, 01:29 PM
I was playing with my friends portable DVD player yesterday. It was a pretty good one. It got good marks from customers on the web. It was a Polaroid 7" I think it was pv701a or something like that. I found it for like $130 on the net. It came with home and car chargers for the battery. A/V wires to hook up to a VCR or TV to watch the DVD's on your TV instead of the little screen.
You're best bet tho is to just google DVD players and find a site that has customer ratings. One piece of advice. If you use it on the go, get some good head phones. The speakers in these things suck a fat one. Oh, one more thing. Get one that isn't too big or too small. I would say 7 or 8". Otherwise you might as well be carying a laptop around with you to play DVD's.

CKY_Alliance
06-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Ive got a polariod 7 inch its nice when traveling its a little to thick for my likeing but it gets the job done.
Main reason i find it to big is becasue i had a RCA dvd player with nice metal outside and it was nice and small but it just quit working and no one in this friggen state would work on it the only warranty dealer person closed down so tried calling RCA a few hundred times and all you get is a machine finally my mom got a real person and we find out the rca warrnty person in our area doesnt do work on there portables...so we gave it away to a friend that likes to tinker and bought a new one.

Chris42050
06-22-2005, 02:00 PM
I have owned a few RCA electronics and have found them to be totally crappy. I am never going to buy RCA anything again. I have a 35" tv that my brother in law gave me. Guess what RCA. ITs so crappy. The color looks so dark and the Screen shrinks whenever it feels like. He had it fixed once and the repairman said RCA's have a big problem doing that. Well it started doing it again and I see no point in repairing it if its gonna start doing that again. I am gonna buy a new TV with a better picture anyway. To sum this up RCA SUCKS. Please don't buy anyone.

fire1811
06-22-2005, 04:54 PM
I had one and only advice I can give you is when you find one you might consider do a search of it online and find out the battery life. Mine was horrible, make sure you get one with a good life.