PDA

View Full Version : Shatnerball-05 location ...

slasherdan
06-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Hey everyone,

Sorry I forgot to post this numerious times since I got back from D-Day. Anyway, Pacman was there and my friends and I talked to him for a bit. We brought up Shatner Ball and this is what he said ..

1.) They have a field down in Florida picked out. It's an old miltary base and their working on the logistics of it.
2.) There is no way in hell he is going to try to get Mancow to show up seeing how Mancow insulted the crowd last time about Joliet. Plus Pacman is part of the crowd that believes the "twisted ankle" excuse was just that, an excuse to get out of a Charity event that Mancow was clearly not interested in anyway.
3.) They are hoping to get a Labor Day weekend date confirmed for this year.

Now my thoughts???
1.) If it's Florida I just can't make it. I'll come home to an empty home.
2.) Though I agree that Mancow shouldn't be involved anymore, if he isn't there the odds of Shatner committing to it are lower because those two are "Soul Mates".
3.) If what he tells me IS correct and not a bunch of bull then the logistics of getting the event up and running are going to be hellish.

Hopefully it does happen like he mentioned. And everything is smooth and they pull it off. I won't make it this year because of the location, but I hope it still happens.

Declamer: I do not endorse any of this as 100% fact. It's just what came up in a discussion with one of the event organizers. And I don't think he was even 100% on it as well while we talked it over. The only 100% issue he had was that he was not going to try to get Mancow to be there.

smilestyler
06-21-2005, 01:24 PM
I hope this is a success for the charity's sake, but I have a feeling it is too late to have a really successful event. I hope them well.
:(

Trips
06-21-2005, 04:12 PM
The question I just got to ask is whether Pacman was at the top or bottom of the Jack D. bottle.

MedicDVG
06-22-2005, 12:47 AM
After the astrodome rumors and all that.... I will have to wait for a more "official" announcement. Not that it is going to make much difference for me as I am pretty much booked up this year anyway... Maybe '06 will be easier to get it together...

atm743
06-22-2005, 02:36 AM
ooo man it better not be in florida

i wanted to go last year to the il one and i didnt have a way to get there

it better be close to the eastern states.

i really want to go this year

logamus
06-22-2005, 03:15 AM
last i checked florida was an eastern state

;)

frontrunner
06-22-2005, 09:19 AM
hey so where about in FL i know of a few bases down here that would work well

Ragtop1968
06-22-2005, 12:12 PM
ARGH!!!!!!!

I have been pitching Wayne's World in Ocala for YEARS NOW! Ocala is the "Horse Capital of the World" and Wayne's World is the birthplace of scenarioball.

DOUBLE ARGH!!!!!!

Well, at least someone may have heard the Florida part of my sales pitch.

I talked to Wayne Dollack and he came back from checking out CPX an inspired man. He is in the process of building his own Armageddon field.

Soon, Wayne's World will be the CPX of the South! The absolute perfect fit for a Spplat Attack.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
06-22-2005, 01:11 PM
OMG NOOOOOOO, NOT AGAIN, NNNOOOOOOOOOO

Let it go, this cant be pulled off and think that it will pull off the numbers they will need to get the money, turn out for furture events. Cant pull it off, Love to see it, but cant, now way not this year... :cuss:

Trips
06-22-2005, 01:17 PM
I would bet that it can. Have some faith!

msprince
06-22-2005, 03:15 PM
I would bet that it can. Have some faith!

I'll bet you 2 dozen melt in your mouth chocolate chip cookies that it can Eric :)

Stephanie Prince(ss)
The Cookie Lady

Eric Of Extreme Measures
06-22-2005, 06:26 PM
I'll bet you 2 dozen melt in your mouth chocolate chip cookies that it can Eric :)

Stephanie Prince(ss)
The Cookie Lady

OH KNOW, IT IS YOU AGAIN!.
IT IS STARTING ALL OVER!
A BAD DREAM!
IT WONT GO AWAY!
My doctor said that this was going to happen!

He said just stay away from the threads that say Shatner anything.....

Im making another appointment!

:tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:
PILLS, WHERE ARE MY PILLS!

sandreaver
06-22-2005, 11:17 PM

Stephanie Prince(ss)
The Cookie Lady

MMMMMMM....... Cookies from the cookie lady.

I would like to see them get it togather and post something final. A few of us here in AZ are looking to go to this.

MSPrince - going to miss you at the game this weekend.... Sorry you wont be there

msprince
06-22-2005, 11:28 PM
me too!!

Pull a ninja and come and kidnap us :ninja:

slasherdan
06-23-2005, 01:19 PM
OH KNOW, IT IS YOU AGAIN!.
IT IS STARTING ALL OVER!
A BAD DREAM!
IT WONT GO AWAY!
My doctor said that this was going to happen!

He said just stay away from the threads that say Shatner anything.....

Im making another appointment!

:tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:
PILLS, WHERE ARE MY PILLS!

Hey Eric, didn't want to start a bad thread .... just wanted to pass along what Pacman told us. Weather there is truth to it or not I have no clue. But he did seem pretty positive.

dolphin1823
06-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Florida in late summer, wow that's brilliant! It will be like 95 degrees with like 500% humidity. :rolleyes: Having lived in Florida I also seem to recall that it would rain almost every day in the summer, maybe only for a short time, but it usually did. Now living in Chicago, I can say Mancow's usefulness is he can promote the event for his buddy Shanter, he did promote it some when it was at Skirmish (or was it EMR) a couple of years ago, but not as much as when its in Chicago, so being in Florida he wouldn't be a factor so who cares if he goes. I enjoy listening to his show, but he doesn't care about Paintball.

Glickman
06-24-2005, 12:23 PM
but he doesn't care about Paintball.

he doesnt have to care about paintball.

he has to care about helping disabled children who might not have a chance at a better life

Tassel Mask
06-26-2005, 09:53 PM
I heard it was going to be in Texas; don't forget the clue about the no rain.

T.M.

::angry clowns angry clowns angry clowns:: :eek:

Eric Of Extreme Measures
06-26-2005, 11:09 PM
First off, Texas Fell COMPLETELY THROUGH! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. the clues all the hype, allthe the talk, everything, Gone.

Then this Florida Talk, Really Coola and all.
Lets See, Hey I want to get excited. I want it to hapen, But lets be real. Use your HEad, Think Pease All of you?

Florida, September? Hurricane Season? 95 Degrees all day long? 100% Humidity all day long? People are running from Florida in September?

Just dont want this to turn into a Freak show like the other threads and have it get Shot in the head.

Just Wait for Offical Word and let this Idea DIE IN PEACE? PLease?

Besides there are alot of good people putting alot of good games that are going to Really HAPPEN that can use our support instead of Us sitting around playing this STUPID game with SHATNER!

Eric, YEs STILL PISSED OFF! :cuss:

slasherdan
06-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Just Wait for Offical Word and let this Idea DIE IN PEACE? PLease?

Besides there are alot of good people putting alot of good games that are going to Really HAPPEN that can use our support instead of Us sitting around playing this STUPID game with SHATNER!

Eric, YEs STILL PISSED OFF! :cuss:

Like I said before Eric .... was just passing the word right from PacMan's mouth at D-Day. This wasn't mention to "piss off" anyone. Just thought I'd share what one of the people that organized this event for the last three years was saying.

Like I stated before .... doesn't mean it's true, just passing the word along.

Now go time yourself out in the corner and sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" 100 times to help calm yourself down. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tdogreb
06-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Whoo-whoo, Man I hope this goes down, I'll be there with (a mag in my hands, Pods around my waist, and a tank filled with hpa air) to the tune of Ahab the Arab.

B.B.R.P.54
06-30-2005, 02:03 PM
All that I am going to say is that the team that I am with was invited by several members of the Texas Rangers to a game in Florida around Labor Day at MOUT Field. They said that the game was being sponsored by Celebrity Paintball. Who cares if the game is going to be Shatnerball 05? We should care because we get to play paintball and the attendees will be helping support disabled children.