PDA

View Full Version : Switch from Power feed to verticle feed

Spacemanvic
06-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Does anyone know who can, if possible, convert a powerfeed body to a vert feed body? And what would the price be? :confused:

MadPSIence
06-21-2005, 01:16 PM
short and sweet... you will save time AND money buying a new body

master_alexander
06-21-2005, 01:24 PM
but there is an attachment for tippmans if you talking about that.

i dont kno where to get it

TheTramp
06-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know who can, if possible, convert a powerfeed body to a vert feed body? And what would the price be? :confused:

Both Whitewolf and Dr. Nickel can do it but it'll be expencive and take a long time.

I'd just get a ULE body if I were you.

onedude36
06-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Luke can do it.

TheTramp
06-21-2005, 02:13 PM
That's right. I forgot he does it. Doesn't he do the mod for a reasonable price?

Pha|anx
06-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Luke's Mods (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=155104)
Reply #14
Warp or Vert Mod to PF $20 + shipping

Finishes:
* Gloss Black powder coating $15 (This price is with the purchase of a feed mod )
* Polish $15
* Bead Blast $10
* None (Free of course) All welds will be smoothed over and sanded with 60 grit emery cloth. You will get it back nice and clean but it will require additional finishing.

Hope that helps.

bojangles1983
06-21-2005, 02:31 PM
but there is an attachment for tippmans if you talking about that.

i dont kno where to get it

Rufus dawg for tippmann vert feeds

Jaan
06-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Why do you want to do it?

luke
06-21-2005, 03:29 PM
short and sweet... you will save time AND money buying a new body

:) Not necessarly true. ;)

Spacemanvic
06-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Well, I keep wondering which allows a faster feed rate: PF or Vert feed. I'm thinking that the reason we dont see PF's around is maybe that verts feed faster. BUT, it could also be because people prefer the "look" of Vert as opposed to PF. I'm looking at getting the TAG drop in for faster ROF and want to know if my body will work or be a drawback.

Im of the old school of function over form: I could care less what it looks like so as long as it operates within my spec requirements. My requirements are a faster feed rate.

Does anyone know of any studies that would point one way over the other?

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Spaceman613
06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Ken at K&P Customs was one fo the first (if not the first) to do a vert feed 98. He does excellent work. Everything he has ever made for me has been well worth the time and money.

Jaan
06-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Well, I keep wondering which allows a faster feed rate: PF or Vert feed. I'm thinking that the reason we dont see PF's around is maybe that verts feed faster. BUT, it could also be because people prefer the "look" of Vert as opposed to PF. I'm looking at getting the TAG drop in for faster ROF and want to know if my body will work or be a drawback.

Im of the old school of function over form: I could care less what it looks like so as long as it operates within my spec requirements. My requirements are a faster feed rate.

Does anyone know of any studies that would point one way over the other?
That's why I asked. I don't know of any studies about power feeds themselves, but someone did do a study on feed rates between a side feed and center feed Autococker. The center feed did feed faster, but only by some tiny amount ... .00034 balls a second or something along those lines. It wouldn't surprise me if it was true (c:

I guess the real question is *are* you running into problems with feed rate even with a good hopper?

TheTramp
06-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Tom found that powerfeed feeds faster with gravity feed loaders like the Revy because the "bounce" as the ball hits the plug can negate blowback issues. A short vert (call it direct because it could be from the side or whatever) feed is better for force feed like Halo, Warp, or Q-loader.

Asym
06-21-2005, 04:42 PM
neither is really faster, it all boils down to your hopper. Like tramp said, powerfeeds are faster with a loader thats gravity fed because the ball stack is much longer since the angles, elbow, and hopper feedneck all add to the ball stack thats inline to be fed. On a short vert feed you only have the small feedneck and hopper neck which is usually shortened.

Look at the original vert RT bodies, they were tall to make up for the slower feeders at the time. So you could shoot fast in short bursts but for a long string it couldn't keep up. Force feed loaders have made this a non-point, since both vert and PF will feed as fast as the hopper can feed them.

Spacemanvic
06-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, Im using a richochet apache. I was dry firing (weekly lube) last night and was getting it to rapid fire (hybrid mode), so I was thinking with the pred board and this hopper, would a vert feed work better than power feed. Hmmm, shortened the PF pretty well (lopped off about 3/4 inch), and the loader now rests closer to the gun (tight profile).