PDA

View Full Version : Smart Mag?!?!?!?!

Chris_automag_07
06-21-2005, 01:43 PM
what does it mean if the valve on your classic mag says "smart mag" ?
any difference from regular classic valve?

Muzikman
06-21-2005, 01:45 PM
It has a larger air chamber. It was Smart Parts attempt at making a lower pressure Mag back in the mid 90's. The valve it's self was made by AGD for Smart Parts. It operates just like a normal classic valve, and you will not see any real performance changes.

If you have one and would like to sell it, let me know. I am looking to buy one to add to my AGD collection.

MarkM
06-21-2005, 01:46 PM
The back section will have been drilled for the 8 hole mod...and it was done by Smart Parts with AGD's permission (might even have been done in AGD's factory for all we know) as the advertising at the time pushed the fact that if you had your mag made into a smart mag then you didn't lose your warranty. Same time as the Black Box mod basically...though that did nothing unless you were using CO2 and wanted to cheat ;)

Muzikman
06-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Ah, that's right, it also had the 8 hole mod, which again, did nothing:)

Before the "Smart Mag" was made (by AGD) Smart Parts was installing the blackbox which did the same thing, it increased the air chamber size.

MarkM
06-21-2005, 02:00 PM
I will have to take a pic of my Minimag valve as it made the AGD tech's scratch their heads when they serviced it at Skyball II. With the comment of "I have never seen that before"

Muzikman
06-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Hmm, I would be interested in seeing that...what was so different about it?

MarkM
06-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Well it hasn't got 8 holes, but it has been interferred with...not by me but a previous owner, thinking about it (from memory) it might well have been a store special mod. Like I have a Boston Paintball Express Minicocker with a Chrome Finish..store special marker only.