PDA

View Full Version : Response Trigger Problem

mic49
06-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I am new to AutoMags so please bare with me through this.
I have an RT Pro with ULE Body, Intelliframe, X Valve with Level 10 bolt. It is new in the box. I have aired it up with an Air America Raptor Rex 68/45. I cannot seem to get the response trigger to go more than 2 or 3, 4 at the utmost, times before I have to start the firing sequence all over. I know that this marker should go almost full auto for an extended period of time. What I am doing wrong or not doing at all.
I am not new to paintball, just AutoMags. I own an 02 autococker, a couple of A-5's, one response trigger and one e-grip, an 05 freestyle and have had several Bushmaster B2k's, an ION and do I dare say several Draguns and Spyders over the years. This AutoMag thing has me baffeled. I will try reading over the instructions once again and see if that will help any.
Thanks in advance for any help you might give.

chairman_mao
06-21-2005, 02:28 PM
The automag RT is not the same effect as the Tippman RT. You shouldn't be able to get the trigger to runaway like you can with a Tippman. If you increase the output pressure of your tank you will get more bounce in the trigger and don't worry too much about the valve it can handle up to 3000 psi input. Hope this helps

mic49
06-21-2005, 06:06 PM
I do have and adjustable reulator on my tank. I cranked it up a high as I could get it, I believe that to be 1000 to 12000 psi. At one point there was air leaking out of the X Valve, or somewhere on the marker, so I backed it off abit. Still no increase in the rate of fire or the length of duration. I backed the regulator down until the marker would not function and the slowly brought it back up trying the trigger at different points along the way. There just was no change in how the rate of fire was.

spsantos
06-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Welcome to mags world :D

Did you recieve the gun already tuned?
Since you already have a regulator, I suggest you keep it now around 850-900 psi output just to be more on "the safe side".

The LVL10 can make a big difference if not properly tuned, it can either be too loose (air leak will appear) or to sticky(gun won't fire/needs a lot of air to fire), you may need to re-tune it, but if so you should already be pretty near the ideal carrier size.

There's also two other very important things:
.1 The LVL10 parts need a "settle in" time, usually a case of paint through it is enough.
You may still have a very sticky bolt that will be losser when the LVL10 o-ring settles in.
.2 ALWAYS Oil the gun before a game day, put a few drops of oil on the asa.

All in all, please be aware that this is actually normal on a new gun.

Hope this helps,

P.S - Very good information on LVL10 is on this thread -> http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43538