PDA

View Full Version : Drop foward for a z grip

Z mag
11-29-2001, 12:46 PM
I'm going to get a z grip(Soon hopefully), and was wondering what a good drop foward would be for one. I have a 68 ci tank, but am trying to get a crossfire 68 steel tank.

n1mr0d
11-29-2001, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Z mag
I'm going to get a z grip(Soon hopefully), and was wondering what a good drop foward would be for one. I have a 68 ci tank, but am trying to get a crossfire 68 steel tank.

uh? any dropforward will work fine.......if you get a dropzoneII on a z-grip witha 68ci 3000psi tank, the tank probably won't protrude further than the valve. the z-grip is like a drop forward itself.

azzkikr
11-29-2001, 01:46 PM
I have my RT with z grip with a eclipse df(the short one) turned backwards. I'm running a 68 geddon on it and let me tell you it feels wonderfull. since the planet df is at an 8 degree angle and since it angles up cause its backwards the tank sits very nicely on my shoulder wile I throw the paint. I would recomend you something like this because if you put a df on the z grip, especially a big one like a drop zone or shocktech it will throw your balance all to hell. best of luck in whatever setup you decide. later AZZKIKR

ciaran.mooney
11-29-2001, 01:54 PM
Ok this is an asumption dont take my word on this :

The Z-grip takes your tank loads forward anyway, why add extra weight to your marker?

Phatty
11-29-2001, 02:12 PM
I had a DZ stubby with my 68, worked very well.

bornl33t
11-29-2001, 03:31 PM
the Z-grip works best with a df that sets the tank sidecar... sidecar means WAY to the side Dropzones stuby dropzones and all the imitations as well as the dyna-drop which I think ANS used to make....

virus
11-29-2001, 05:00 PM
ok here is a link to my mini with a DZ2 and and 88ci tank.... also the DZ is offset to the left (seeing how i shoot with the right)

http://webpages.charter.net/virus1/paintball/minimag_in.jpg

also that is a a striaght on side shot... all in all.... its just a hair front heavy but after firing it for an hour or so... it hard to tell that it is

Xzion
11-29-2001, 08:07 PM
I have a Drop Zone II on my Z-Grip, and the back of the tank is about even with the back of the valve, makes for a VERY tight setup. Take a look at my mag with Z-Grip and DZII via the link below my sig.

TheBigRaguPB4L
11-29-2001, 09:20 PM
i have a shockteck on my z grip and it puts the tank so far under the gun. i like it. not that i've used it yet, but just messing around in my room, it feels good.

wolverine85929
11-29-2001, 11:52 PM
On my mag I have a z grip and a drop zone 2, with a air america 114 ci tank. the end of the tank is even with the end of the gun. nice and compact, also i run the tank off set to the left. on the wifes mini we have a shark drop foreward with a center flag 68ci 3000. she likes it this way. says my gun is too heavy. good luck with you set up.