PDA

View Full Version : Palmer's new Rock Steady for the Imtimidator

TheTramp
06-21-2005, 02:22 PM
I have been planing on getting a SCM3 for my Intimidator but now that Palmer has made the benchmark LPR (rock) in a Timmy version I'm torn. :confused:

Anyone have any thoughts on these two?

68magOwner
06-21-2005, 02:32 PM
honestly, i own/use a scm1 on my viking, but, i havent really heard ANY good things about the scm3 from people who have got it, in fact, it seems like its worse than the origional scm, so, im going to have to go witht the rock, AKA quality control is really disapointing me lately from what i have heard about people getting their new products

Muzikman
06-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Palmer products are very high quality and their regs are top notch. Do me a favor and if you go with the Rock, report back here and let us know how you like it.

rkjunior303
06-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Wait for the JDS reg, if it isn't out yet, by STD..... I've heard the SCM3's are having alot of creeping issues.

rkjunior303
06-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Chris --

check this out: http://www.stdindustry.com/products.htm

The STD JDS is out.. Basically, it's Dan Voils, Aaron K Alexander, and Bartman's product.. You wonder where the quality went at AKA -- well there it is... It actually handles so well, they had a modified one hooked up as a INLINE and it kept up.

68magOwner
06-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Basically, it's Dan Voils, Aaron K Alexander, and Bartman's product.. You wonder where the quality went at AKA -- well there it is...

:clap: this guy is definately right

TheTramp
06-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Looks like the Intimidator version of that isn't out yet.

I'll have to give it serious consideration though.

rkjunior303
06-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Chris -- check it out. This is for the Proto but it will be the same for the Timmy..

http://www.stdindustry.com/videos/JLPRvid-1.wmv

TheTramp
06-22-2005, 11:42 PM
That last small slow motion part is the real seller. You can see that it's fully recharging after each shot. REALLY impressive!

Of course I'll never shoot that fast so what else does it have over the Rock? Just looking for some discussion here. :D

warbeak2099
06-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Isn't it self adjusting or something? Or is that the SCM?

rkjunior303
06-23-2005, 07:44 AM
yeah, it's also self adjusting.

chris -- how much is the palmer product? I know this is around $60 with a lifetime warranty.

CaptainNeeda
06-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Plamer, hands down... no reason nessissary

TheTramp
06-23-2005, 08:25 AM
chris -- how much is the palmer product? I know this is around $60 with a lifetime warranty.

It's also around $60 shipped from Air Soldier.

Plamer, hands down... no reason nessissary

No reason nessessary? If you don't have a reason then your opinion is worthless. I'm sure you really do have an reason so what is it?

trains are bad
06-23-2005, 08:38 AM
I'd go Palmer...no reason necessary.

TheTramp
06-23-2005, 08:44 AM
OK, thanks for the tip.

Muzikman
06-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Palmer has built the best HP and LP regs in the industry for years. That is the reason that "no reason necessary". Basically, if you go with Palmers you know you have a good reg.

TheTramp
06-23-2005, 08:53 AM
And there's the reason. Thank you.

I knew that which is why I called it the benchmark of LPR's in my first post but it just irritaes me when people post that sort of thing when you're talking about differences and such.

The question I have is: Since the 2-liter has proven to have a faster re-charge rate then the Stabalizer what does that do for the Stab's "best" rating? The same sort of question for the Rock.

I'll probably end up getting Palmer's Rock Steady as I've got a Stabalizer already but I would like to learn more about the differences if any.

rkjunior303
06-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Palmer has built the best HP and LP regs in the industry for years. That is the reason that "no reason necessary". Basically, if you go with Palmers you know you have a good reg.

Yeah, but so does AKA.. They've already proven they have the best regulator on the market... All the brains of AKA is now with STD, I would stand by ANY of their products in a heartbeat.

Stay away from the SCM3 but I'd go with a JDS.. That's just me, though, being an AKA fanboy.

Muzikman
06-23-2005, 09:17 AM
And there's the reason. Thank you.

I knew that which is why I called it the benchmark of LPR's in my first post but it just irritaes me when people post that sort of thing when you're talking about differences and such.

The question I have is: Since the 2-liter has proven to have a faster re-charge rate then the Stabalizer what does that do for the Stab's "best" rating? The same sort of question for the Rock.

I'll probably end up getting Palmer's Rock Steady as I've got a Stabalizer already but I would like to learn more about the differences if any.

It honestly doesn't do anything as the recharge of the Stab is still great and it has proven it's self for years.

That is not taking anything away from AKA, they too have been making great regs. It's like asking which is better, Lamborghini Diablo or the McLaren F1. :)

TheTramp
06-23-2005, 09:20 AM
It honestly doesn't do anything as the recharge of the Stab is still great and it has proven it's self for years.

That is not taking anything away from AKA, they too have been making great regs. It's like asking which is better, Lamborghini Diablo or the McLaren F1. :)

OK, that's pretty much what I'm looking for. I'll just get the Rock Steady to complete the Plamerized Intimidator. :D

rkjunior303
06-23-2005, 10:48 AM
OK, that's pretty much what I'm looking for. I'll just get the Rock Steady to complete the Plamerized Intimidator. :D

either way, it's a win-win situation!

TheTramp
06-23-2005, 10:49 AM
either way, it's a win-win situation!

And that's my favorite type of situation.

SlartyBartFast
06-23-2005, 11:12 AM

My question is this:

Do you have any measurable need for better performance or are you just looking to satify a lingering need to tinker, change, and burn money?

Once you have a car that can go faster and handle better than any road you're going to drive it on, what's the point?

If your paintball marker keeps up with your rate of fire, why change? Or, why pay increasing amounts of money, for deminishing return, that only results in you spending MORE money on paint?

TheTramp
06-23-2005, 11:22 AM
My question is this:
Do you have any measurable need for better performance or are you just looking to satify a lingering need to tinker, change, and burn money?

My answer (which you probably already know ;) ) is yes, I have a lingering need to tinker, change, and burn money. There's no chance that, with the speed I shoot, I need anything more than the sock LPR with VP piston I've already got.

Torbo
06-23-2005, 12:21 PM
i run stock with a vp piston, works great. i was thinking about getting an scm3 or something like that, but it seems kinda worthless since the stock lpr works fine. I ended up buying a 2k5 frame and tadao, which are far more usefull

SlartyBartFast
06-23-2005, 12:22 PM
My answer (which you probably already know ;) ) is yes, I have a lingering need to tinker, change, and burn money. There's no chance that, with the speed I shoot, I need anything more than the sock LPR with VP piston I've already got.

At least you're honest.

:rofl:

First step of any self-help program is to admit your adiction. :p

craltal
06-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah, but so does AKA.. They've already proven they have the best regulator on the market... All the brains of AKA is now with STD, I would stand by ANY of their products in a heartbeat.

Stay away from the SCM3 but I'd go with a JDS.. That's just me, though, being an AKA fanboy.

but the SCM3 is an AKA product. I don't get your logic here...

TheTramp
06-23-2005, 12:39 PM
He likes AKA products that were created by the AKA guys that have moved on to form a new company called STD. These guys aren't the creaters of the SCM3 and he doesn't feel like it mesures up to the "old" AKA stuff.

I believe that's what he thinks anyway. :)

TheTramp
06-23-2005, 12:40 PM
i run stock with a vp piston, works great. i was thinking about getting an scm3 or something like that, but it seems kinda worthless since the stock lpr works fine. I ended up buying a 2k5 frame and tadao, which are far more usefull

I've already got all the other parts I want (clamshell, Entrophy, etc) so all that's left to mess with is the LPR.

JoshK
06-23-2005, 01:03 PM
He likes AKA products that were created by the AKA guys that have moved on to form a new company called STD. These guys aren't the creaters of the SCM3 and he doesn't feel like it mesures up to the "old" AKA stuff.

That's what I got out of it also.

ta2maki
06-23-2005, 10:58 PM
It's like asking which is better, Lamborghini Diablo or the McLaren F1. :)

That's a terraible analogy. The McLaren F1 beats the Diablo hands down. It accelerates faster, corners better, seats more people, has more cargo space, and has better amenities.

sorry about sending this thread off topic. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

rkjunior303
06-23-2005, 11:20 PM

Exactly

WickeDKlowN
06-24-2005, 08:40 PM
I don't know if it's only for Bushmasters, but when I had mine and looked into the SCM's everybody complained that they had a horrible creeping problem.