PDA

View Full Version : KUNG FU really works! (vid)

Jack & Coke
06-21-2005, 08:04 PM
KUNG FU vs. GANG BANGER

http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00629.wmv

The ending is entertaining... :rofl:

wad04
06-21-2005, 08:15 PM
wow thats awesome! guy got owned

Jack & Coke
06-21-2005, 08:40 PM
funny how 99% of the "Kung Fu" moves were for flash and show... but when the "real" action started, it was a simple wild hay maker from left field that ended the fight.

It would've been better if a real "kung fu" move was used to end the fight.

Still, I gotta give the guy credit. It takes huge cahonies to drop into a big bow stance like that in front of all those people! I knew that CTHD DVD was useful! ;)

Nonetheless, it's obvious his Kung Fu training did help him in the mental game. He was not intimidated by the tough talk of the gang banger, and he was confident in his technique enough to actually try them.

BD_Paintball
06-21-2005, 08:41 PM
pbnation much, like 1 week ago

Echo419
06-21-2005, 09:40 PM
I was disapointed.

tropical_fishy
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
I was disapointed.

Ditto. Way too much windup. Bleh.

Jack & Coke
06-21-2005, 11:13 PM
he should audition for TUF II

MantisMag
06-21-2005, 11:16 PM
i saw this video not too long ago. it's pretty funny. his method of advancing is great. i love it. he seems to be pretty good at dodging and parrying, seeing as he didn't get hit. then again his opponent wasn't exactly a great fighter either which is probably why it took so long for the fight to get started. looks like the wildly flailing arms was supposed to be shaolin longfist. i'm curious as to what happened afterward though. what happened after the guy got knocked down? i wanna know dammit!

Jack & Coke
06-21-2005, 11:28 PM
maybe...

choy li fut?

hung gar?

definately not wing chun...

Jakedubbleya
06-22-2005, 12:28 AM

ooooh, funny story from my last vacation up to canada (yeah, its related, eventually)....

long story about a fight, i find fight stories to be the most interesting, if you dont.. move on to the next post:)

so anyway, me and this polish kid (im germanso i give him a hard time about being polish) are fishing and drinking a fine 200$ brandy around 6pm on a little beach on half moon lake right outside of edmonton. ahh, paradise (sort of buggy though).

we are both sloshed as sloshed can be, our cheeks are red and our noses are too:)

anyhow, some kids come along (12, 13ish) and ask us some general questions about fishing. we slur out a few words of wisdom and eventually get to inviting the kids to cast our lines out for us (cuz we are da bomb like that). 20 minutes and 10 dollars worth of tackle at the bottom of the lake later, we finally have our bobs and sinkers at prime depth.

we celebrate by giving the three kids each a dos equis, then realizing what we just did, i mutter "my god you polish people are truly irresponcible" and replace the booze w/ some gatoraides.

about twenty chill, relaxing, gratifying minutes of fish free fishing later, we get a visitor...

Apparently the kids had an older brother that had been sunbathing 100ish yards away with the rest of the beach people. he came over on the way back to his campsite...

"hey, hows it goin, you watching over my bros?"

"*hic* yuuuup *hic*"

"well im going, if something happens to my brothers ur (bad-word(s))ed!"

"hey theyre ur bros man, dont go leaving them with a complete stranger. ur the one who would be (bad-word(s))ed..." (yeah not very gracefull but remember, i was drunk, plus i did it with a bit of sarcasm)

and then....

"WHAAAAAAHT!...WHATS THAT?...WHAT?!?!?!"

now, i was stunned. here he was some five foot eight average build hispanic canadian coming up to my face over a smart *** remark. and coming up to my face is no small thing, being 6'6'' and very athletic build im rarely confronted like this.

now his wife starts screaming....

"no honey dont! dont honey dont do it!"

im bewildered, part from being in an amazing mood and part from having this smaller guy get in my face with his wife apparently thinking hes going to do me over good, i dont know what to do...?????

"hey, what the (bad-word(s)) man, what are you doing?"

"(bad-word(s)) you! im from edmonton you (bad-word(s))! you see these tatoos? you wanna go you (bad-word(s))?! im from edmonton (bad word(s))!"

this is where i started smiling. perhaps im just ignorant, and i most definitely was intoxicated, but ive never taken knowing that somebody was from an isolated mid sized canadian city as a big threat. and a few tatoos usually dont get me sitting in a corner shaking either... and quite frankly this sorta cracked me up...

"hey man, not to uh, uh, belittle *hic* youre awesomeness... but we are from the states man, so this edmonton stuff.. its really not getting you anywhere... anyway, i was just messin man, get outta here ill watch over ur brothers for u, they are cool kids, beside you dont wanna be cussing in front of your wife and little brothers like this"

*his face gets redder*

"from the states huh? you ignorant pompous (bad-word(s)) get the (bad-word(s)) out of here man!"

now, heres where the normally dormant pothead polish wonder steps in... not a very tall man, but powerfully built like his bodybuilding brother.

polish wonder: "you wanna go two on one man?"

me: "chill T"

"WHAAAT!?!... WHAT YOU SAY!!!?!?!... YOU WANNA GO?!?!?!"

PW (T): "back off"

"WHAT?!?"

*wife screaming*
the guy pushes my polish buddy back and brings his arm waaay the hell back behind him to land a blow... i knew right then that this guy was all bark and no bite. but apparently thomas wasnt about to have his day ruined by some abusive irresponcible jackass with a bad attitude (as i later found out).

polish wonder gets inside and....*wife freaking out*
*BAM!*... *BAM* *BAM* *BAM* *BAM* *BAM!*

six! count them SIX! polish wonders right to the guys face, in a row.

this was nuts! id never seen thomas go like this! that poor guy! i step in like any half-rational adult would to break up the overboard confrontation with a drunken smile on my face saying "hey this guy cant fight man, let him be, ignore him".

(this is where his wife takes her litle brothers in law back to the campsite)

im holding thomas and talking to him when from behind me comes this huuuge fully cocked blow right to thomases chin... dislocates his jaw... thomas is on the ground for a few seconds, i run up to the guy, push him on his keester and yell "STAY DOWN!", thomas comes out of it, he gets on one knee i come over to see if hes ok when the other guy stands up and thomas charges himself over there like a bull horns first, they grapple for a second before five more polish wonders find their drunken mark inside this guys sloppy powershots.
the guy stumbles back to his campsite half blind and half lame with the two biggest goose eggs ive ever seen on anybodys forehead to boot. after i made sure thomas would be ok untill we could drive to a doctor sober in the morning we followed, to apologize to his little brothers and wife, i had a talk with his little brothers (the adrenaline had sobered me up a bit) about how irresponcible and so on things like fighting are.

needless to say, we kept fishing (but alas, to no aval).

kudos to the polish wonder for being such an irritable and absolute butt kicker!!!

yeah... big swings are bad...

/i win at extreme ranting

bleachit
06-22-2005, 01:23 AM
"hey man, not to uh, uh, belittle *hic* youre awesomeness... but we are from the states man, so this edmonton stuff.. its really not getting you anywhere... anyway, i was just messin man, get outta here ill watch over ur brothers for u, they are cool kids, beside you dont wanna be cussing in front of your wife and little brothers like this"

thank you for that wonderful read. definately was amusing and worth the length. or maybe its 2:30 am and Ima lil giddy.... :tard:

steimway
06-22-2005, 03:46 AM
kudos to the polish wonder for being such an irritable and absolute butt kicker!!!

Great story. This is the first thing that I thought of:

http://img300.echo.cx/img300/1348/polishwonder3dx.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

thecavemankevin
06-22-2005, 07:38 AM
fun video, guy certainly knew what he was doing (or atleast had a good idea). knew exactly how to dodge the flailings of the other guy. but it was funny to see a simple limp arm find its way in and lay the guy out.

perhaps after the video ended the white guy grabbed the black guy and curbed him....or perhaps he used his karate dissaplin and walked away...who knows?

Bolter
06-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Check this for ninja skills (http://picapic.net/media/53JY4WN84Q8GV4)

:)

UTDragun
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM

i saw that on college humor a while ago

back to the original vid, ive never seen such a skinny guy try to fight before

dave p
06-22-2005, 06:21 PM
this isnt kung fu but my man here can fight. hes beating one guy while eyeing up the next one for his beating. the dude is skater mike vallely, some jocks called him a ***.
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/jockbeat.wmv

Army
06-22-2005, 06:33 PM
"For God so loved the Polish, that he gaveth them hard hands, soft hearts, and good minds. God also gaveth the Polish the will to be friends to all but his enemy, and his friends enemies..."

BD_Paintball
06-22-2005, 06:41 PM
this isnt kung fu but my man here can fight. hes beating one guy while eyeing up the next one for his beating. the dude is skater mike vallely, some jocks called him a ***.
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/jockbeat.wmv

Old as the internet itself. And most skaters can’t fight, just one exception

jdhfreak
06-22-2005, 11:08 PM
And most skaters can’t fight, just one exception
i dunno i've seen some skaters win fights against some pretty good fighters

Miscue
06-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Hurm. Starving Ethiopian vs. pretentious $20 Kung-Fu lesson dude.

MaChu
06-22-2005, 11:49 PM
=Hilarious.

HarrysSon
06-23-2005, 12:18 AM
it was awesome but there should have been more fighting, but that hit was nice at the end!

Vex
06-23-2005, 01:26 AM
That was one of the funniest and coolest things I've ever seen.
I can't stand cholo wannabes... (yes, growing up in SoCal has given me a crappy opinion of them)
P.S.--great story, Jake! :headbang:

Vex
06-23-2005, 01:36 AM
It's amazing how much you have to actually adapt your skills to your situation. Unfortunately, you rarely, if ever, have the opportunity to demonstrate your martial arts skills in a real confrontation the way you learned to use them. You have to use what you know against what's coming at you--and that is very seldomly text book punches and kicks.

Jack & Coke
06-23-2005, 08:53 AM
this video would've been even better if:

Just after the kung fu dude drops into his bow stance (indicating his knowledge of kung fu), the gang banger counters with a crane stance, followed by the obligatory Bruce Lee "come get some" finger flick.

:D

tribalman
06-23-2005, 11:24 PM
and then they both to some Matrix style moves. yeah that would be awsome

that white guy. that is the oddiest fighting "style" i've ever seen. is it at least based off of a real style? but as some 1 said earlier, mort kung fu is for show and isn't really good in a fight.

Jack & Coke
06-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Chick chokes out a dude...

(demo at a party)

http://www.steakandcheese.com/downloads/One_Man_Runs.wmv

:rofl:

tropical_fishy
06-27-2005, 12:49 AM
It's amazing how much you have to actually adapt your skills to your situation. Unfortunately, you rarely, if ever, have the opportunity to demonstrate your martial arts skills in a real confrontation the way you learned to use them. You have to use what you know against what's coming at you--and that is very seldomly text book punches and kicks.

granted. I enjoy seeing good technical fighting though, it's so much more fun to watch.

luke
06-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Nonetheless, it's obvious his Kung Fu training did help him in the mental game. He was not intimidated by the tough talk of the gang banger, and he was confident in his technique enough to actually try them.

:) I agree. But the kid he was fighting obviously didn't know how to fight. A simple "single leg" take town would have taken him out of his game.

He did well in that situation, but his confidence could get him in big trouble with a real fighter. ;)

Automaggot68
06-27-2005, 12:38 PM

Its admirable how much a person will dedicate themselves to skills like that.
I can't imagine how long it took for him to be able to do those things, let alone how many times he's probably bashed himself in the head doing them.

/edit:
I'll be damned if the Linkin Park music didnt almost ruin it for me.

ojhspyro89
06-27-2005, 12:44 PM
pbnation much, like 1 week ago

Not much of us surf pbn...

Anyway, that was a kinda funny vid. That guy was like all show until he had to hit him then it was just a basic hard punch. It woulda been funny if he like made him un concience with his pinky.

SIGSays
06-27-2005, 01:23 PM
man.. how could you use a picture of the dead pope like that..

Automaggot68
06-27-2005, 03:18 PM
I have a balloon sword of awesomeness that has a +9 to Pope is dead.

B.A.M.
06-27-2005, 04:54 PM
six! count them SIX! polish wonders right to the guys face, in a row.

Yep us polish people have the best polish wonders.

Jakedubbleya
06-27-2005, 06:49 PM

qft, over the top bro

steimway
06-28-2005, 08:16 AM

I used him because of his peaceful nature and universal recognizability as a citizen of Poland.

Sorry if I offended you, but when I was creating the picture I thought of him as a Polish ex-pope, not a dead pope. Perhaps it was too soon to use his image in a humorous way.

If anybody wants, I'll take it down.

Soopa Villain17
06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
i kicked the crap out of a skateborder one time , he tried to hit me with his board so i punched him in them otuh and smashed his face of a wall :shooting:

Automaggot68
06-28-2005, 11:56 AM
i kicked the crap out of a skateborder one time , he tried to hit me with his board so i punched him in them otuh and smashed his face of a wall :shooting:
I can't help but doubt your story.

Bolter
06-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I used him because of his peaceful nature and universal recognizability as a citizen of Poland.

Sorry if I offended you, but when I was creating the picture I thought of him as a Polish ex-pope, not a dead pope. Perhaps it was too soon to use his image in a humorous way.

If anybody wants, I'll take it down.

I laughed my face off. I come from a Christian background, and I can tell you now that it is funny.
I mean, if you cant laugh at your own kind, who can you laugh at?

In fact I bet Jesus, the Pope, God and Mary of Nazereth are having a Royal Rumble up in heaven right now. With Ghandi refereeing.

:eek: :) :p

Automaggot68
06-28-2005, 01:03 PM
I laughed my face off. I come from a Christian background, and I can tell you now that it is funny.

In fact I bet Jesus, the Pope, God and Mary of Nazereth are having a Royal Rumble up in heaven right now. With Ghandi refereeing.

I thought the Pope was Catholic, not Christian?

steimway
06-28-2005, 01:44 PM

I'm glad to see that someone else found it to be funny. Sorry about the derail J&C.

Bolter
06-28-2005, 03:21 PM
I thought the Pope was Catholic, not Christian?

Aren't Catholics in the big family that is Christianity?

Automaggot68
06-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Was just confused.

I was thinking of something that would start them flames.

Jaan
06-28-2005, 06:25 PM
It's amazing how much you have to actually adapt your skills to your situation. Unfortunately, you rarely, if ever, have the opportunity to demonstrate your martial arts skills in a real confrontation the way you learned to use them. You have to use what you know against what's coming at you--and that is very seldomly text book punches and kicks.When I used to take Tae Kwon Do my teacher would have us do street fights all the time, and tought us boxing as well. The street fights were awesome, what he did was line us all up against the wall and say "you two brown belts attack the yellow belt" and then he would say "black belt help the yellow belt". You could use anything in the room to your advantage as well. It really made you think on your feet and it helped me out a couple of time when I was a teenager. That's what most martial arts schools should do, focus less on forms and more on practical knowledge.

Jaan
06-28-2005, 06:32 PM
I can't help but doubt your story.Hey, I've seen Soopa bunker a guy and goggle him with a Talon he had to pump with a quarter and load from his pocket ... I saw it with my own two eyes, so I wouldn't put it past him. The guy's got mad skills (c:

Jaan
06-28-2005, 06:35 PM
fact I bet Jesus, the Pope, God and Mary of Nazereth are having a Royal Rumble up in heaven right now. With Ghandi refereeing.

:eek: :) :pAaaaaaand in this corner, weighing in at 89 pounds ... Heeeeey Seuss, Ellllll Savior , CHRIST!

Automaggot68
06-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey, I've seen Soopa bunker a guy and goggle him with a Talon he had to pump with a quarter and load from his pocket ... I saw it with my own two eyes, so I wouldn't put it past him. The guy's got mad skills (c:

If that isn't Sarcasm, then it's time for me to leave the boards.
I bet the ricter scale was off the map.

Jakedubbleya
06-28-2005, 07:28 PM

well i have to say it, sorry guys you knew it was comin lol.....

catholicism vs. mainstream christianity (of which there are over 22,000 kinds... few of which with any real resemblance to catholicism, exception being the eastern orthodox churches)....

being from a "christian" backround doesnt exactly give you the perspective necessary to understand why a catholic would or would not take offense to a bruised up pope.

the differences in mainstream christianity and catholicism (not pick what you want to believe catholcism which technically isnt catholicism at all, *cough cough*) are extreme. for instance, the logic and history of catholicism points to a thought process that models itself after an unchanging god, while the logic and history of mainstream christianity would indicate that those religions are models of a changing god who fits our personal and socially fluxuating needs.

as you have probably guessed, one type is highly more conservative than the other, and might find such degredation of a to-be saint who dedicated his entire life to the church and who recently passed away to be un-called for. whether you respect that is of course your decision, but as a catholic (look slarty its out, the secrets out!), i would never consider doing or endorsing something like that.

have i cleared things up? :D

steimway
06-28-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm a Roman Catholic

Me too. ;)

Let's please not have this descend into religious argument. It was doing just fine as a butt kicking thread.

Automaggot68
06-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Me too. ;)

Let's please not have this descend into religious argument. It was doing just fine as a butt kicking thread.
Agreed. It was the sort of thing I myself was going to get into, then decided against.

/kickass
//coco pebbles

Jaan
06-29-2005, 02:09 PM
If that isn't Sarcasm, then it's time for me to leave the boards.
I bet the ricter scale was off the map.That really happened, I kid you not. :headbang: It was at the AONE day at Fox 4 paintball this year and a bunch of guys were playing a pump only game on a speedball field. A few of the members around here saw it too.

Jack & Coke
06-29-2005, 04:20 PM
How about some awesome

Muay Thai Kickboxing action!

CLICK HERE! (http://www.comegetyousome.com/video/Protect_boys.wmv[/url)

steimway
06-30-2005, 11:51 AM
How about some awesome

Muay Thai Kickboxing action!

CLICK HERE! (http://www.comegetyousome.com/video/Protect_boys.wmv[/url)

I wish my tv stations played commercials like that. Protect yourselves, boys. You might want to get rid of that second [/url] in the link. How long do those matches last if the fighters are defensive minded?

Carbon
07-04-2005, 04:18 AM
that first vid.

hahahahahahahah "ima f you up homi, i ma f you up"

hahahahah

i love it when fools like that get clowned on

those forms look like they were external hard forms. At first it looked like the kunfu guy was packin/gathering chi, I could be wrong though. I like how the silly looking steps were basically subterfuge. You can hear the people laughing in the background not knowing a whuppin was gonna come out.

Also the dude says "this is a street fight, anything goes"

and the vatos say, "....helll naw i aint kickboxing you"

man....