PDA

View Full Version : diff between the Morph and The profiler?

darwin
06-21-2005, 10:15 PM
What is the difference in the two masks?

magman007
06-21-2005, 10:16 PM
same lense, thats about the only similarity, the profiler is much more streamline.

dann
06-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Profiler
-Sits closer to your face
-Harder, less flimsy construction
-Better ventilation than the Morph (IMO)

Morph
-Lighter than the Profiler (IMO)
-Soft, rubber construction
-Easier way of getting the lenses off

As an owner of both, I definately prefer my Profiler over my Morph. However, both are great masks and you can't go wrong with either of them. Vforce Rules :headbang:

-Dan

MedicDVG
06-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Profiler
-Sits closer to your face
-Better ventilation than the Morph (IMO)

Morph
-Lighter than the Profiler (IMO)
-Soft, rubber construction
-Easier way of getting the lenses off

As an owner of both, I definately prefer my Profiler over my Morph. However, both are great masks and you can't go wrong with either of them. Vforce Rules :headbang:

-Dan
I think you got that backwards in terms of the lens removal. The profiler has two clips and then the lens just pops out.

I have both and I really like them. The profiler is nicer looking, but both are very functional masks -- no complaints here at all.

atm743
06-22-2005, 02:32 AM
really i like my profiler but a bud of mine has one and they are basicly the same

now the profiler is a lot more than the Morph but really they are the same.

to me the only different is the price and that the profiler is smaller .

athomas
06-22-2005, 09:00 AM
The Morph and Profiler are very similar. The nose piece of the morph sticks out farther and reduces your stereo vision. For this fact alone, I like my Profiler over my Morph.

The Morph was much easier to change lenses than the Profiler.

TheTramp
06-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Profiler

I wouldn't refer to the Morph's construction as "flimsy." I is softer but that could help with bounces. I know I've had balls (well, at least one or two :D ) hit the lower part of my Morph and not break.

Personaly I don't think the Profiler is worth the extra money but I'm in no way saying that it's not a great mask. I love my Morph and when/if I need to replace it I'll probably go with another Morph (if I can still find them) instead of spending the extra on the Profiler.

Either way you go you'll have a GREAT mask.

dann
06-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I think you got that backwards in terms of the lens removal. The profiler has two clips and then the lens just pops out.

No, I believe the Profiler's lense removal is a way bigger pain in the *** than the Morph's. With the Morph, I just slide the little clips out and take out the lense. Since the clips are attached to the strap, I don't have to worry about losing them either. The Profiler has a retarded little tab you have to lift and then push out with your thumb. I got sick of almost breaking my thumbnail off everytime I removed a lense so now I just use a little screwdriver.

-Dan

nt2004
06-22-2005, 05:01 PM
No, I believe the Profiler's lense removal is a way bigger pain in the *** than the Morph's. With the Morph, I just slide the little clips out and take out the lense. Since the clips are attached to the strap, I don't have to worry about losing them either. The Profiler has a retarded little tab you have to lift and then push out with your thumb. I got sick of almost breaking my thumbnail off everytime I removed a lense so now I just use a little screwdriver.

-Dan
just press down on the ear flaps and the clips will slide out without you having to fidget with the tabs. It takes me less than 30 seconds to get both clips off and pop out the lense.

Timmee
06-22-2005, 09:02 PM
I tried both at a store, and I didn't like the Profiler (didn't give me complete ear protection). I ended up getting a Morph.

dann
06-22-2005, 09:09 PM
just press down on the ear flaps and the clips will slide out without you having to fidget with the tabs. It takes me less than 30 seconds to get both clips off and pop out the lense.

Hmmmm.......never thought of that. I will have to try that out :hail:

frop
06-22-2005, 10:01 PM
I tried both at a store, and I didn't like the Profiler (didn't give me complete ear protection). I ended up getting a Morph.
Dude, you must have a HUGE head then.

Jonno06
06-23-2005, 05:50 PM
the profiler has the sex appeal that A LOT of pro players use it....