PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Nerve Info

AnArchist_1944
06-21-2005, 11:10 PM
I have my Mag F/S/T and I was offered a red nerve bassicly I wanna know:

Open or Closed Bolt?

Operating PSI?

Efficiency?

What is the trigger like (DM5 or E-Blade or something else)?

Weight?

Detents?

Anything else....

Now I love my mag and I will return to the Mag family eventually maby when D-Mags are more available, so no comments like keep your mag blah blah blah. It wont work because I have been Bitten by the gunwhoreitis bug.

Carbon
06-21-2005, 11:17 PM
from what i understand, the nerve is the smart parts version of the intimidator. ram operated popet valve. There is a fella that shoots a nerve and its wicked fast.

start from tehre i guess.

magman007
06-22-2005, 01:21 AM
nerve is a waste, its a rebodied impulse baisically
open bolt
efficiency like any other ram driven gun

trigger, like a shocker..

any thing else i have no idea, check out the nerve forum on pbn

CoolHand
06-22-2005, 02:13 AM
nerve is a waste, its a rebodied impulse baisically . . . .

Have you ever shot one?

Its just as much like an Angel or Viking as it is like an Impulse.

As for the other questions:

Trigger is very much like a Shocker.

Efficiency is pretty good (~1700-1800 shots per 68/4500).

Fast as all get out.

Light.

Decent looking.

Stock board is good, has semi and ramping (save the flames, its on there, good or bad).

No bolt pin (which really sucks if you ever chop, but the eye is good enough that it only happens when you do something stupid like turn the vision off and feed it with a revy).

Operates at about 150-180 PSI.

Open bolt.

Impulse/Shocker Detents.

Integrated LPR.

SS Freak Barrel comes stock.

If someone is offering you a Nerve (that works correctly) for a Mech Mag, you are stupid if you don't take it. Hell, you can sell it, buy an identical Mag again, and pocket the difference.

atm743
06-22-2005, 02:28 AM
you can also take the bolt out and while air'd up

to me they are a bit back heavy

i held one and then i held a shoker and the shokers are way lighter.

they are nice guns.

super fast

good operation

everything that coolhand said and more!!

what are you tradeing??

specks on what you are trading and what you are getting??

magman007
06-22-2005, 02:37 AM
coolhand, yes i have shot one, and i was quite un impressed.

atm, you can take the bolt out of any high end ram driven marker while its aired up....

frontrunner
06-22-2005, 09:14 AM
I have one and i love it its light the trigger is simular to a shocker. the eyes seem to work well. its quite and very consistant. the bo,lt also comes out very easily its nice. is ther is anything else you like to know

oh and i love my mag as well

warbeak2099
06-22-2005, 10:23 AM
There are better guns in the same price range but if you'e being offered a $1000+ electro for your mech mag... take it! You could just sell the Nerve and get something better like a used Viking or a Sonic Cyborg. But definitely go through with the deal.

AnArchist_1944
06-22-2005, 10:54 AM
its not a mech mag. Its my uber Karta'd E-Mag HERE (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1026732)

Teamslayer76
06-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Dude, Hell no. I own a nerve. I would'nt trade that Emag for one though. Unless you really want to get rid of it. Then it might be a good deal. My nerve is exteremly fast with ramping on lvl 5 it can easily do around 25-28 cps, maybe 20-25 bps. It's very accurate even at high speeds.
It has a freak, it runs at about 95-110 psi. I get about 900-1100 shots on a 68/3k.
It also has a max-flow. A really nice lpr.

And it defintly isnt a rebodied impulse it is more like a Viking/Angel/Timmy
It does use a poppet valve.

I say keep your Emag or wait for another trade. BTW Nervers {used} are selling for around 800 on ebay.

WARPED1
06-22-2005, 09:56 PM
www.nerveowners.com

Sparta
06-22-2005, 10:15 PM
I've played with a Nerve for 3 games, and it is FAST!!!! I used to HATE Smart Parts, but now after my experience with that Nerve, I'm a fan. Maintenene and removal of the bolt is rediculously easy. I'd consider getting one of I had the money.

SpecialBlend2786
06-22-2005, 10:32 PM
And it defintly isnt a rebodied impulse it is more like a Viking/Angel/Timmy
It does use a poppet valve.

well, it may not seem like a rebodied imp, but even the smart parts techs have said that it basically is a souped up impulse with an internal cocking system...

at least the tech in that one vid said that.

yakitori
06-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Id have to see some pics of the nerve. I had a Karta Emag w/ a bit more ups than yours and I got a decent deal for it. I would also recommend, that if you dont get some better offers for trade, wait and sell, and then use that money on a down payment on whatever you want.

And Ive shot a nerve some, it shoots great. They are nice guns for sure, and I liked the way it shot compared to my emag. But, the emag was a lot more unique and rare. If that matters to you more than how well a gun shoots, then keep the mag. If you like a gun that is quieter, less kick, more efficient, faster, electropnuematic, and easier to find parts for, then trade up, or sell it.

68magOwner
06-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Open or Closed Bolt?

Operating PSI?

Efficiency?

What is the trigger like (DM5 or E-Blade or something else)?

Weight?

Detents?

open bolt

OP- not shure, but 200-300psi?

efficiency, nothing noteworty, but, i dont think its bad either

trigger- IMO- terrible, the switch is much to heavy, once the switch is flipped, or tadao is put
in, it is good, but, otherwise, cant see it being fast without rebound (ramping) turned on

weight- fairly light

detents- impulse style i believe

anything else- it operates like an impulse but with a reversed hammer (hard to explain without a diagram), i have only seen a handfull around being used, but, the owners of them seemed to like them ok/they seemed to work fine. they have reflective eyes rahter than beambreak, but, i personally dont think thats a huge deal, never had real issues with either style. Not something i would choose to pickup, (mostly because of SP) but, dont think its a bad marker