PDA

View Full Version : Freak vs. CP

ronron2112
11-29-2001, 02:44 PM
well well, the time come for a new barrel. i am thinkin of either a freak (12") or the Custom products system. which one would any of you guy get?? (by the way i have a RT pro)
Thanx

cphilip
11-29-2001, 02:49 PM
Whichever one you like and can afford.

If you get the Freak get the 10" tip. Unless you like real long barrels.

Zumina
11-29-2001, 02:57 PM
Freak. I don't know about you guys, but I sold my CP barrel for a reason; it couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. No, it wasn't user error or poorly matched paint, the barrel just sucked.... I now use a 12" J&J 2 peice and a 14" Smart Parts Big Daddy, and I can now hit stuff that I aim at. I won't touch another CP barrel....

Paintballer86
11-29-2001, 03:06 PM
It's all about the Freak my man.

cphilip
11-29-2001, 03:07 PM
I think he is refering to the "CP System". It is quite nice and sort of matches paint like the Freak system. A bit pricey and fewer sizes. I agree the Freak is the best deal. But I am not knocking the CP system either.

Zumina
11-29-2001, 03:25 PM
I know I know. I had a CP two peice barrel with a .685 control bore and a 14" tip.

cphilip
11-29-2001, 03:28 PM
Oh cool well then there is one negative CP report then....

ZeezNutz
11-29-2001, 04:02 PM
i havnt seen the cp system but everyone around my area shoots a cp and we all love them. they work perfect with powerball

Cliffio
11-29-2001, 05:01 PM
I HAVE ONE

its by far the best system ive ever shot, its way better than a freak, ive shot both, the cp is also one a 2 piece system where as the freak is a 3 piece, so when you break, it can cause more damage in a freak, the cp kits are super nice, if u get it i promise you wont be disapointed
i have a pic of mine, ill show you

they just came out with a new set with 5 backs so i dont have the 2 more yet, but im gettin em, its totaly a great system

Bartleby
11-29-2001, 05:23 PM
what damage? are you saying that when you break a ball you can potentially break the barrel or something? i would hope that you just mean you really make a mess, but really you don't. i've got a straight shot and a battle swab, use both and i'm ready to rock and roll.

but the problem with the cp compared to the freak is ecomical. really, if you end up breaking an insert on the freak they cost 22 bucks for a stainless steel replacement. however, when you break a back on the cp, it's a heck of a lot more.

another thing, should you choose to get a different gun, with the cp you'd have to get a whole new set of 5 backs. whereas with a freak you'd just have to replace the one.

and then, ofcourse, there's always the 5 to 8 size difference. hope this helps. good luck. :D

paintball8869
11-29-2001, 05:39 PM
I have a freak and love it. For $180, i got a barrel system with 8 different bore sizes. It also looks great. If i want to put it on another gun, i pop a different back piece on, which i can pick up for $60 or so.

I looked into the CP barrel system very carefully before deciding on the freak. For $250+, you get 5 backs and 3 fronts.

-How many times do you switch the length of your barrel? Most people use the same size barrel all the time.

-What happens if somehow you scratch the inside of a back piece? you're screwed. with the freak you just spend $20 and get a new insert.

-8 bore sizes for $180 or 5 bores for $250+ (don't know exact price, but that's what the deluxe was when i researched it)?

Seems to me that the freak is a much better choice. They're both the same accuracy wise, dead on accurate when matched up with the right paint. There's no getting around the price and extra inserts of the freak. They're both backed by great companies who i've had great dealings with, but for the average player and almost all experienced players, the Freak is the way to go.

ronron2112
11-29-2001, 05:40 PM
man.. this barrel stuff is hard..

the backs of the CP, look pretty short to control the ball through the barrel, but i havent shot one so i dont know. the freak is still on better ground than CP... but theres always room for change..

oneshot
11-29-2001, 06:22 PM
go with the freak

brett
11-29-2001, 06:38 PM
im pretty sure the cp backs are 5in. long so thats not very short
any way i would suggest the cp kit because you dont have to mess with the insterts but if you are getting a new gun with different threads then get the freak it will save you a lot of money
but either way youll get a top notch barrel

Cliffio
11-29-2001, 07:27 PM
actaully for 250+ you get 3 backs and 4 fronts
thats really the only setback
the price

cause if you want the FULL set its over 300
which sucks

the backs are like 40 bucks a piece

anyways, its a great set and i love mine, i wouldnt ever trade it for a freak, but thats my opinion, your gonna find alot more people telling you to get a freak, just because everyone has them, but there arent as many people with the cp full kits because of the price, which is actually a good reason:)

but i love mine

Cliff

bond1313
11-29-2001, 07:41 PM
I must agree with cliffio, I got mine and I really love it i have 4 of the 5 backs and all the tips, its agreat barrel for the cash. I was able to get mine for 140 used, look around they are worth the price.

Cliffio
11-29-2001, 07:50 PM
yes occasionaly on pbc they have them for sale
you can get 3 or 4 backs and all the fronts for like 150 or so, you just gotta look around, but im planning on getting the rest of the backs
like i said this barrel kits rocks

Xzion
11-29-2001, 07:57 PM
I have the Freak Kit, I personally love, it works great, and I havnt had any problems with it, once the paint is matched to the insert, it shoots like a dream. I personally hanvnt used the CP kit, so I cant really give you my thoughts on it.