PDA

View Full Version : What gives?

WARPED1
06-22-2005, 04:40 PM
The most appealing thing about the DW Foehn Ion bodies was the $99 price tage, now they're $125?! I was going to buy one. Oh well...............just venting.

JimmyBeam
06-22-2005, 05:12 PM
i was this close (holds up thumb and pointer finger) to getting a Foehn and putting it on the Element frame, until i saw the CF body deadlywind is coming out with.

WARPED1
06-22-2005, 05:25 PM
I was going to get the Kage body first anyway, but a Foehn someday since it was $99, but not now. :(

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Chance_K_J/SPA/minibanner2.gif

frop
06-23-2005, 02:20 AM
It's $26 more..... :tard:

Target Practice
06-23-2005, 02:22 AM

Exactly. Think of all that money you saved buying that Ion. :rolleyes:

JimmyBeam
06-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Exactly. Think of all that money you saved buying that Ion. :rolleyes:

i knew this was going to happen. i did the same thing with my classic mag. oh well, a little $$ here, a little $$ there, its turning into an upgrading addiction i think. i just cant stop

warbeak2099
06-23-2005, 09:18 AM
It's called compulsive upgrading and you can get help. Just send 3 easy payments of 19.95 to acme medication and we'll send you a full information kit complete with anti upgrade pills and a hammer. Remember, you're not alone and you can stop the upgrading now. Don't you want to go back to when you thought your marker was good enough? Call us...

WARPED1
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
But I can get the Kages near dealer cost.............

frop
06-23-2005, 10:15 PM
It's called compulsive upgrading and you can get help. Just send 3 easy payments of 19.95 to acme medication and we'll send you a full information kit complete with anti upgrade pills and a hammer. Remember, you're not alone and you can stop the upgrading now. Don't you want to go back to when you thought your marker was good enough? Call us...
Are these pills cyanide? And is this hammer a BFH, or just a regular hammer?

These are important questions from an interested customer. :p

nicad
06-23-2005, 11:39 PM
We felt that being able to remove the bolt out the back without having to disassemble the entire gun was a good thing, and well worth the little extra.

So every time you lube your bolt-

The old way:
remove barrel
remove 3x triggerframe screws
remove 2x banjo bolts, or even worse- QEV (getting them to seal again can be fun).
remove ACE wire harness
slide internals out, and break it apart to get to the bolt.

The new way:
remove back triggerframe screw and loosen middle triggerframe screw (don't ask- you just have to) :)
unscrew the bolt assembly out the back with an allen wrench- very similar to a Matrix.
done!

sithos
06-24-2005, 12:59 AM
yeah yeah...

I gave up redesigning mine.. I'm just telling people to put some slick honey in there and forget about it.

Seriously who needs to take apart their ion every game? I've got 8 cases through mine without a broken ball or relubing once. No problems.

Oh yeah.. And I'm element paintball btw. Glad you like the frame!

Target Practice
06-24-2005, 01:42 AM
We felt that being able to remove the bolt out the back without having to disassemble the entire gun was a good thing, and well worth the little extra.

The old way:
remove barrel
remove 2x banjo bolts, or even worse- QEV (getting them to seal again can be fun).
remove ACE wire harness

The new way:
remove back triggerframe screw and loosen middle triggerframe screw (don't ask- you just have to) :)
unscrew the bolt assembly out the back with an allen wrench- very similar to a Matrix.
done!

Come on Colin, you should know that the cheap bastards want to squeeze every penny out of you guys. You should be used to this by now.

WARPED1
06-24-2005, 11:15 AM

The old way:
remove barrel
remove ACE wire harness

The new way:
done!
Strange body= unscrew end cap, loosen screw with the wrench supplied, gently pull out ALL the bolt assembly, clean relube, reverse directions, done.

JimmyBeam
06-24-2005, 11:45 AM
especially helpful with a QEV installed. sure maybe a couple times a year, you fully disassemble to clean, but for regular preventive maintenance the end cap removal is the selling point for me.