PDA

View Full Version : FBM Paintball Power Angle drop forward

KapitalJin
06-22-2005, 09:50 PM
I just got my 88ci tank today... haha well bigger than I thought. (first time with an 88ci). I was looking at some drops and came accross this. Does anyone have any input on this? How comfortable it is?

Im guessing it gets in the way of running with the gun when you move your arm. It does seem to be more comfortable for back players as when they lean their tanks on their shoulder/chest the gun is actualy lowered as well. (if you know what I mean).

Any inputs on this would help.

Thanks,

Eric

magman007
06-22-2005, 09:52 PM
eh, comfy, but its a gimick. it makes it harder to switch hands, you bump your mask wiith the tank butt, etc etc.

if you really need a drop( im assuming this is an 88 stub) then get something resonably short, just enough to get it to where you want. maybe a shocktech medium at the longest.

KapitalJin
06-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Yup its a 88ci stubby tank. I already have the shocktech. I was thinking about balancing the weight out more towards the middle for more comfort while running and snap shooting. I do have a warp feed on this thing too. :D

Chronobreak
06-22-2005, 09:58 PM
"endo and angled tank review"

SEARCH :ninja:

KapitalJin
06-22-2005, 10:01 PM
i was typing the wrong stuff in the search box! ah found that post just a few minutes after posting... sorry guys

Vex
06-23-2005, 12:21 AM
i was typing the wrong stuff in the search box! ah found that post just a few minutes after posting... sorry guys
Don't worry, Chronobreak has a fetish for letting people "know" that there is a search feature.
Even though it can be a pain in the rear to use; and, it's sometimes just easier to post a thread with your question(s).

Hi Chrono!

Wassupstranger67
06-23-2005, 02:49 AM
http://www.newdesignz.com/Misc_3.htm Check this out i have one and i love it.

KapitalJin
06-23-2005, 06:09 AM
Wassupstranger67

Have you compared them with the FBM? They look like they have more of an angle to it. I saw pics on the other thread, was wondering if anyone has different angles for the picture of any kind of angle drops.

Thanks,

Eric

Jerzee201
06-23-2005, 07:29 AM
I may get flamed for this.....

I use a power angle from FBM. Paired with a long drop (shocktech/32degrees), on a 68cu 4500 Flatline. I dig the angle, snug fit and it rests nicely on your torso. It also helps relieve & provides overall weight balance. Again it's all personal preference.

Dont have a pic of it w/ the tank, but maybe this can help... -> -> Link to pic <- (http://www.mjavate.com/Valkyrie/pages/AKA%20045.htm)

cheers

Paintchucker
06-23-2005, 08:30 AM
http://www.newdesignz.com/Misc_3.htm Check this out i have one and i love it.

I have one of these too and love it as well. Actually, instead of angling the tank up, I reversed the triangle the other way and my little 45/5000 angles down a little and sits in a good spot on my chest... Perfect for rolling the gun up in a snapshoot position...

WenULiVeUdiE
06-23-2005, 10:26 AM
I used to use a Power Angle, but I no longer use it. It was uncomfortable with a vert frame. But on a 45 frame, they are nice, but not for everyone. It seemed that the marker would naturally lean in to the left, which created a lower profile. But it got hard to line up the top of the 'Mag with my eyes. I would have to bend my neck down to line it up.

For a back player, it may be beneficial. Try it out and see how it goes. It's only $15, you could always return it.

Wassupstranger67
06-24-2005, 03:09 AM
Wassupstranger67

Have you compared them with the FBM? They look like they have more of an angle to it. I saw pics on the other thread, was wondering if anyone has different angles for the picture of any kind of angle drops.

Thanks,

Eric

No i havent ill post a pic of my gun with the tank. That is a 88/3000 tank. I also recomend there on/off!!!!

b&r automag
06-26-2005, 07:07 AM
I've actually used both and here are some pros and cons I've found about each.

FBM PROS- Nice sleek look. CONS- Only comes in silver. Due the angled position (the slim side of the angle), the back screw for when you attach a drop foward or on/off to the angle has to be shorter because if it's to long, it hits the back of your frame, or the back screw will not be able to go all the way in (you may have to file/grind down the back screw).

NDZ PROS- Different colors are available. Has a dovetailed bottom and a ball clamping system to lock in your on/off. CONS- Due the ball clamping system you can not use a drop foward on this angle. Unlike the FBM which has 4 holes on the bottom - 2 to screw the angle to the frame, and the other 2 to attach a drop foward or on/off...the NDZ angle has only 2 holes on the bottom which allows you to only attach it to the grip frame.

I prefer to use the NDZ type angle. With the angle on my marker I am able to place the tank on the upper part of my shoulder, sort of on my collar bone area. This positions the back of my marker almost even with my chin. With the tank up in my shoulder and the marker sitting right in front of my face I have a pretty tight tuck especially when peeking from the sides of bunkers. (I always peek out with my gun in front of my face...just in case). I guess it takes giving a chance to the angle and making it work for you. Some people like it and other's don't. Here are some pics to give you an idea...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/acedilla777/DSC00990.jpg
I read you also run a warp set up. Heres a picture of how I had my set up with a FBM angle and a Kapp III drop. With the angle and the Kapp drop, the back of my tank was almost even with the back of my gun, but then again I changed from a 88 to a 72 stubby.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/acedilla777/DSC00012.jpg

KapitalJin
06-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Now that looks sweet. After the first few comments and thorough research on all different forums, I had already won the auction on ebay for the fbm one (beleive it or not they had black and I went for it). Just waiting for the postoffice to open so I can send out the MO to FBM. b&r automag those pics are great, just what I needed. Especialy the one with the warp gave me a better idea of the angle. Although my drop isnt too forward like yours, but I think it should be a perfect combination for it. Screws, I have been using the dremel tool for adjusting screws, cutting, and all other neat stuff so I am fine with that.

One last question, I play front at times... this means a lot of running. I normally run while the tank is under my fore arm. This power angle drop will get in the way of how I hold the gun. How does it feel when you run with it? Does it get in the way? Only thing I am worried about now is accidently snapping a screw holding the drop during a game because the tank got in the way of something.

Otherwise, looks like its going to be very comfortable for the back player. Cant wait till I get it in a few days!

b&r automag
06-26-2005, 03:37 PM
When running with my warp set up, YES it was pretty hard to hold, mainly due to the fact that with the warp it was a pretty heavy set up anyway. With the angle set up you sort of have to cock your wrist to compensate for the tank angle. It just takes some getting use to and after a while you'll get the hang of it. With my shocker I'm back to playing front man again....but then again I have a 45/45 on there. To bad mags are gas hogs because a 45/45 tank is sweet.

KapitalJin
06-26-2005, 04:20 PM
I think I can work my way around with the warp feed but then the 88ci tank really does change a lot because of the weight. Im going to get a halo loader probably next year. This year im just going to be playing rec, getting to know this gun a little better. Might not have this gun next year so who knows.

Thanks a lot!

Eric

Also how many shots would you say I would get off a 45/4500 tank?

b&r automag
06-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Ha...Ha.... :rofl: That's real funny on how much shots off a mag would you get off on a 45/45. I think your lucky if you can get 3 pods out and that's not including the hopper. I never tried the 45/45 on my mag because the shocker is a LP gun and the tank is a LP tank. I have just enough air for 5 pods and a hopper but the tank has to be at 4000 psi or greater (that's for the shocker).

KapitalJin
06-26-2005, 11:51 PM
so much for my beefy mag... haha, I actualy miss my old cocker... but this mag shoots so nicely... and the warp is just too cool. Well here are some pics. Finally got my cam charged up.

http://home.nj.rr.com/lockdownrecords/DSC03142.JPG

http://home.nj.rr.com/lockdownrecords/DSC03143.JPG

http://home.nj.rr.com/lockdownrecords/DSC03144.JPG

14inch boomy comming tomorrow... I mean today! yay have just enough air to fire about 50-100 rounds in my back yard with the boomy. Thats probably all I am going to do with my mag. Just the power angle, and the boomy would finalize it. Unless I can find a intelli fram for about 50 bucks.

What do you guys think? I did quite a bit of cleaning as the gun came kinda messy, dirty... and took me a while to perfectly cut the hopper out. (The warp also has a switch now).

pointm@n
06-27-2005, 09:59 AM
I have one each for my vikings. I really like the feel of the drop. If the FBM version had a built in dovetail like the NDZ one, it'd be perfect. I don't know how the steeper angle of the NDZ would feel, maybe I'll buy to see..