PDA

View Full Version : So I won the lottery and Im building my fantasy field

yakitori
06-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I didnt really win the lottery....yet.

If I could build my dream field and run it as a business, Id build an indoor airball field in the Local Mall. Yep. Not far from the food court if I could help it. If I win the lottery, thats what Im gonna do. Im going to open an XXtreems shop (may not spell it like that, but oh well.) I would have an indoor skate, bike street park, sell skateboards, bikes, etc. I would have a paintball area w/ guns/proshop/ nice airball fields for spectators. It would be cool if the paintball field was on the bottom floor and the upper floor was glass, and shoppers would walk above games in action.

I would have music blastin as well. I would have bunjee jumping, rock climbing, indoor swimming and shower facilities. I would like for the paintball field to be the focal point, but I would also cater to the needs of the other activities. I would want paintball to get the most attentions by shopping passersby though, just to raise acceptance for the game. And last but not least, Id have some kick arse insurance. :D.

So, what would be your fantasy field if you had unlimited funds and the creativity to put it to work.

frop
06-22-2005, 10:20 PM
I'd make the whole damn mall a paintball field!

captian pinky
06-22-2005, 10:22 PM
dude that would be awesome you should tell like some big financial people about that they might tak ethat in to consideration to build or convert an old mall nice idea man

yakitori
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
dude that would be awesome you should tell like some big financial people about that they might tak ethat in to consideration to build or convert an old mall nice idea man

I would like to. Maybe I will write some letters. I need to learn the ropes of each though. It would create many jobs, and attract tourists to our area. Hell man, if Arlington taxpayers can foot 50% of a $650,000,000 plus overhead on a crappy cowboy stadium, then the city better approve such a proposal. I doubt it though. Its too conservative around here. I dont think voters have the right idea when it comes to such facilities.

Eventually host NPPL tournaments in the Dub. Bring it all here. Arlington is the place to do it. Its centrally located.....20 minute drive from DFW airport. 30-40 minutes from Dallas, 30 minutes from Ft. Worth. Basically smack dab in the middle of the metroplex.

I gotta start buying lottery tickets. Just talking about it gets me pumped. :D.

Jaan
06-23-2005, 01:29 AM
In Mass there is a state park called Wompatuck, where it used to be a Navy base and it's where they made all the munitions for the North Atlantic Fleet during WWII. There is a big part of the park closed off to the public with some huge decrepid buildings that would be great for a field. We're talking post apocolyptic here, there are even old paved roads going throught the place. One building has the roof caved in, and trees growing inside it. How cool is that? Here are a couple of pictures ...

master_alexander
06-23-2005, 01:57 AM
i live in mansfield, the dfw area :D

annyway buy out the old statium :D that would be cool. or the parks mall where the great indoors used to be... that would be awesome!

and to clear everyone up with the area, the great indoors is attached to the mall, and it used to be a huge indoor wharehouse type place that ahd just about everything you needed to redesign your house.

as far as size goes... you could probably have 3-5 fields in there, kinda just depends.

it would be cool.

yakitori
06-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Yes, thats more of what Im talking about. I would like the building to be part of the mall. In fact, I would like it to be in a busy area of the mall. I think that would be a great place for it. I live like 5 minutes from the mall. The old place where the Great indoors used to be is a perfect location. It is near the ice skating rink where they already play hockey and stuff, the food court is right there. The movies are close, Dicks sporting goods in next door. Thats a great idea master alexander. I think it is a nice location if the chance ever came up.

Paintchucker
06-23-2005, 08:35 AM
I would like to. Maybe I will write some letters. I need to learn the ropes of each though. It would create many jobs, and attract tourists to our area. Hell man, if Arlington taxpayers can foot 50% of a $650,000,000 plus overhead on a crappy cowboy stadium, then the city better approve such a proposal. I doubt it though. Its too conservative around here. I dont think voters have the right idea when it comes to such facilities.

Eventually host NPPL tournaments in the Dub. Bring it all here. Arlington is the place to do it. Its centrally located.....20 minute drive from DFW airport. 30-40 minutes from Dallas, 30 minutes from Ft. Worth. Basically smack dab in the middle of the metroplex.

I gotta start buying lottery tickets. Just talking about it gets me pumped. :D.

If they are already paying for the cowboy stadium, the question would be is it always being used? A simplier plan might just to approach them and see if you could use the "space" when it would otherwise be unoccupied. You could show them how they could better utilize their property and bring in extra $$$ that they weren't getting before. Do a BUSINESS PLAN in which you show them how much it would cost them for initial setup, and how much $$ they might make on a given day, and how long it would take them to recoup the initial $$ outlay before they would start making some extra $$.

Just a thought...

JimmyBeam
06-23-2005, 08:54 AM
i dont know where i saw it, but its kind of a hybrid field. a huge speedball field with a recball influence. diferent levels with air bunkers........kind of hard to explain, let me try to find a pic

Aliens-8-MyDad
06-23-2005, 09:42 AM
k yak, when you win the lottery your buying me a new car... and i get to play at your feild forever.

logamus
06-23-2005, 10:03 AM
yak, i like the way you think. indoor is great but tpf is one helluva drive from the 817.

Aliens-8-MyDad
06-23-2005, 10:29 AM
its one helluva short drive for me its like a mile away.

yakitori
06-23-2005, 04:29 PM
were not all as lucky as you aliens. :P. I have to drive 45 minutes to get to tpf. It is a great field though. In TX, indoor ball rocks, its just too freakin hot in the summer.

Aliens, I guess if I did win the lottery and build such a place, I could give ya free membership. I dont know about that car though. :P. I was thinking anyway about making it cheaper than most places. I was thinking like 25 all day air and field fees covered, byop for no charge, and sell field paint reasonably priced, instead of marking it up more than retail price when the field gets it at wholesale. I think I would make some money based on the fact that more players would come to my field, cause its affordable, conveniently located, and climate controlled. Not to mention how many moms wouldnt mind taking thier kids to the field if it was in a mall. They could drop you off, go shopping, watch a movie, eat lunch, come back watch you play, watch some ppl in the street/skate area........whatever.....everyone likes to see wipeouts. ;). With those prices, I would have to have like 4 fields. 1 xball, 2 speedball, and one scenario field w/ outdoor similated setting.

Anyway. I will eventually draw up some plans and stuff and see what I can come up with. I think ppl nowadays are more interested in sports of the like. Not to mention building recognition, attention, acceptance of these kinds of games/sports.

Aliens-8-MyDad
06-23-2005, 05:44 PM
yeah tpf is airconditioned during the summer... played the tournament there and it felt hot, then I walked outside and i was like omg its cool in there.