PDA

View Full Version : trigger walkin fingers

HarrysSon
06-23-2005, 12:06 AM
hey Im wondering what work-outs I can do for my fingers to make them go faster for trigger walking... some of my friends say they use stress ball... what do you suggest>?

master_alexander
06-23-2005, 12:16 AM
puyt a rubber band from your trigger to the trigger guard and start walkin.

or just ut the rubber band around your fingers... to got them stronger

HarrysSon
06-23-2005, 12:48 AM
or do push ups with only on my fingers... any other ideas?

Jaan
06-23-2005, 01:07 AM
I used to roll a couple of pinball sized ball bearings in my hand to limber up my fingers for playing guitar, that might help. You can freak out people too if you start saying "Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... "

PS A couple of old mouse balls will work too if you can't find steel bearings, or a pair of those "Chinese energy balls" that they sell in holistic medicine stores.

HarrysSon
06-23-2005, 01:09 AM
I dont have any extra mice :D

Jaan
06-23-2005, 01:09 AM
or do push ups with only on my fingers... any other ideas?
They do sell finger weights in guitar stores. The Musician's Friend catalog carries them too, just search for finger weights.

warbeak2099
06-23-2005, 06:58 AM
I used to roll a couple of pinball sized ball bearings in my hand to limber up my fingers for playing guitar, that might help. You can freak out people too if you start saying "Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... "

Hahaha, the Cain mutiny. Classic movie.

I walk my mouse in between rounds in Call of Duty. If I get killed or something and I'm waiting for the next round to start I just walk the right mouse button. I used to be able to only get up to 17bps. I can now get up to 23bps. Can't keep it up consistantly lol, but I can get up to it. I can only do 13-14bps consistantly. Used to be like 10bps. So it does work for me, practicing on the mouse. I also do it on other things like the scangun in the checkout lane heh heh. Or the keys on the cash register keyboard when there isn't a customer coming through my lane.

tribalman
06-23-2005, 11:36 PM
I also do it on other things like the scangun in the checkout lane heh heh. Or the keys on the cash register keyboard when there isn't a customer coming through my lane.

hehe, i do that also. i will also just tap my fingers on a counter or hold a pen with my right hand and walk it with the left. i like this cause you can use a little pressure or a lot. it's made my offshooting faster and i can adapt to other people's trigger setups really quickly.

Blazestorm
06-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Nothing.

My fingers magically ramp now, and I did no exercises or anything.

It's neat :D

drg
06-23-2005, 11:57 PM
I am not so sure finger weights are the way to go here. I mean does strengthening a muscle increase its speed? As far as I know, no.

Practice on your gun, in midair, whenever. But practice the actual rhythmic pattern of walking rather than lifting weights, I would say.

sithos
06-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Or you could give me $10,000 to make some molds, and I'll have a paintball specific trigger training device ready in about 2 months.

http://www.benbow3d.com/images/tt1c.jpg

surealpaintballer
06-24-2005, 12:50 AM
^^^ lmfao ...... roflmfao......that jsut made me laugh like helll...

SpitFire1299
06-24-2005, 01:05 AM
I say just practice walking the trigger and find a good technique.. I actually like flick my fingers... its different, but i can get around 12 average.

NoLifeLeft
06-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Start playing bass guitar. :D Yeah, it can be expensive and time consuming but it works great.

shartley
06-24-2005, 08:00 AM
I have a question…. With the ultra easy to activate triggers on markers these days how much of a “workout” do you need for your fingers?

I am not so sure finger weights are the way to go here. I mean does strengthening a muscle increase its speed? As far as I know, no.

Practice on your gun, in midair, whenever. But practice the actual rhythmic pattern of walking rather than lifting weights, I would say.
I would say this would be sound advice. When folks want to get faster at typing, for example, they don’t do “finger curls” or use stress balls, they simply practice typing. The more you practice, the faster you will get…. Same with walking a trigger.

Now on the other hand, if you NEED to do finger exercises because you are having a hard time pulling your trigger, you may want to have your marker looked at, or pick up another hobby. ;)

Maggot6
06-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Just walk the trigger, nothing else is better...But if you are suggesting that sometimes your marker isn't readily in your hands, well, the elastic idea is good.

LudavicoSoldier
06-24-2005, 08:26 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/shocker.jpg

Hey! Its excercise! Bwahahahahaha!

jaredborne
06-24-2005, 08:50 AM
My thoughts exactly ^ I was about to post something like that before I seen yours :D

Bolter
06-24-2005, 09:05 AM
I can now get up to 23bps. Can't keep it up consistantly lol, but I can get up to it.

No offence but thats utter poop. I would like to see video evidence, unless you mean the time between two trigger pulls? Thats an averaged out rof, not your actual speed. 23bps is about 6 bps faster than the fastest guy I have ever seen.

Either that or your gun helps you alot!! Most people can't get beyond 12-13 bps, no matter what the LCD screen is telling you.

Not flaming, just curious. You are either bionic, or naive.

inkjt510
06-24-2005, 10:18 AM
All I do is walk on the commercials when I watch TV. My cocker has a timer, so I timed myself for 10 seconds then looked at the shot counter- 15.9 bps! I was sruprised, but walking in your free time really works.