PDA

View Full Version : Depressurizing

Bluntman
11-29-2001, 04:08 PM
When I shut off the air to my gun(i have a flatline), after firing a few shots to get rid of the excess pressure, I am still left with some, but not enough to fire just enough to push on the trigger a little. I have microline so all I have to do is pull it out and there's a little puff of air. I was wondering if this is normal and if it's not what should I do? Thanks in advance.

Miscue
11-29-2001, 04:11 PM
Yeah, there's gonna be some residual pressure. You can detach your hose, and/or take off the field strip screw and back out your valve to release most of it.

Puddleglum
11-30-2001, 09:25 AM
I think all systems have that. It's not a problem right??
I wouldn't worry about it. By the way Macro is the way to go.

Potatoboy
11-30-2001, 09:41 AM
I have the same pressure, Never even crossed my mind that it was abnormal. I run braided hosing, I just put in a QD so I can get rid of that extra pressure.

cphilip
11-30-2001, 10:24 AM
Naw everyone has a little bit of a gas problem every once in a while...ummm er...and so do the markers? :rolleyes:

Normal as Miscue says..in fact...it shows your O rings are all good and tight if it stays for a good long while and still hisses at you later.

Muzikman
11-30-2001, 01:15 PM
If there is still pressure in your gun, you may not be able to back the regulator out. There is a good chance that the on/off pin will be sticking far enough down to catch on the body. The best thing to do is what Potato did and run steel braid with a quick disconnect.

HyperSnyper
12-01-2001, 01:49 PM
Funny thing about depressurizng, one time I was trying to get the damn valve assembly out, and it wouldnt come out even with the field strip screw out. Dammit WTF. Oops, theres still 400 psi in the line... errr and the tank is still screwed in... Doh.

Almost ended up with a valve assembly permanently installed into my head. Live and Learn ( and stay away from alcohol when you work on your guns).

-Hyper

PyRo
12-01-2001, 03:20 PM
Hmm, you just pull the trigger back if the on-off pin is sticking down. That will push it up :)

Lord Vader
12-01-2001, 04:02 PM
You can do what I did. Get a 2-hole vertical adapter, run a gas through foregrip to it with the hose coming out of one hole and attach a bleed valve to the other.