PDA

View Full Version : V force vantage..

KapitalJin
06-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Well I was fooled and ended up getting a rental version. (Not the pro!) :mad: :cuss:

Is there any mods I can do to to change the part around the eye? Is the PRO all plastic around the eye then foam? or...

ah so frustrated...

thanks,

Eric

VFX_Fenix
06-23-2005, 05:44 PM
ummmm..... what?

The V-Force Vantage is sort of an entry level version of the profiler, you're saying you got an armor instead? I'm confused, the Armor and Vantage both use the same lense.... Make sense dangit!!!!!

For refference, the Vantage is an Armor with soft pannels instead of a full hard plastic mask. I'm sure the geometry of the mask is a little different too, like the difference between the Morph and the Profiler, but w/e....

I'm still curious how you got fooled, and if you did get fooled why not send it back??

You cannot modify a goggle system from factory w/o violating mask rules put forth by who ever has ultimate say over safety in paintball.

Zeruel
06-23-2005, 06:05 PM
No, there are TWO versions of the Vantage. There is the Vantage Pro, which is thermal, and I am assuming by his post has better foam around my goggles where they contact you head, and then there is the Vantage feild. The feild is just single, not thermal.

The Pro has foam all around the goggles where they contact your face, and it is quite comfortable. I would just take it back and say that you would like to get a refund, and pay a little extra and get a pro. Im sure whereever you bought it from wont mind making an extra couple bucks off of you :)

CC

minimag03
06-23-2005, 06:07 PM
I tried the Vantage on with the foam. Don't waste your time, it is uncomfortable and had a strong new cheap shoe smell (I know, weird).

warbeak2099
06-23-2005, 06:13 PM
I love my vantage pro. What's wrong with yours??? There's no foam around the eyes? Hhmm, that's stupid. With the foam it's really comfortable. And the single "thermo-cured" lense is a lot easier to clean than a double pane thermal lense. I hated when water and/or goo would get in between the panes of my spectras.

VFX_Fenix
06-23-2005, 06:32 PM
I was pretty sure all the V-Force lenses were Thero-cured for anti-fog-goodness, but okay, I guess I'm wrong here lol. I imagine you could get a foam kit for a Vantage Pro and stick it around the goggle frame. V-Force should sell them if no one else does, but yeah, just send it back and get what you want if they sent you the wrong item or w/e.

KapitalJin
06-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I was going to send it back but then again, my friend might want to purchase it for airsoft use. (would be one heck of a airsoft mask) haha. And yeah sending it back would be - 7 bucks for shipping, -8 bucks for shipping I paid for, and only 25 bucks from original cost. :cry:

I decided to stick with what I used to own, the jt proflex. The profiler looks great, but after this one experience, just leaves a bad taste.

Thanks for your help guys... EVERYONE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR GETTING THE PRO or DONT GET IT! :rolleyes:

It was an auction off ebay which many of you guys might find. I didnt understand when they said field version. Basically overlooked that and never knew there was a rental version for masks. :tard:

But hey! good news,! i got to try out my mag rt for the first time today!!!! loving the reactive trigger!

TheTramp
06-24-2005, 10:47 AM
If you're buying a new V-Force mask for $25 you know you're getting one of their low-end models.

Spend the extra to get a Morph.

warbeak2099
06-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Or just get a Vantage Pro.

RRfireblade
06-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Unless the Vantage is different then all the other V-Force line, the only thing different about V-Force 'Rentals' is they don't come in the retail box and packaging. We buy the 'Rentals' for the store all the time because they are cheaper and we typically take the lower end masks out of the box and put them out on display anyway. Otherwise it's the same Mask.

KapitalJin
06-24-2005, 12:38 PM
yeah im just going to sell the mask for 25 and spend a little extra for the pro flex. Sweet looking mask... maybe i should keep it and use it when i ref games...

warbeak2099
06-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Unless the Vantage is different then all the other V-Force line, the only thing different about V-Force 'Rentals' is they don't come in the retail box and packaging. We buy the 'Rentals' for the store all the time because they are cheaper and we typically take the lower end masks out of the box and put them out on display anyway. Otherwise it's the same Mask.

It is. The lense isn't thermal or even "thermo-cured". Just a single pane regular lense.

RRfireblade
06-24-2005, 02:01 PM
According to V-Force I guess the difference is the foam (hypo-alergenic on the rental)and perhpas the lens,whether or not it's thermal. V-Forces thermal lens are all one pane tho,it hard to tell if thier thermal by looking.

KapitalJin
06-24-2005, 02:05 PM
It is thermo cured. Doesnt fog up, and even if it does, it defogs within a second. I personally never tried vforce products but looks like the lens is pretty good to me. Scratches very easily though.

warbeak2099
06-24-2005, 02:41 PM
There is a rainbowish film cover on the thermo cured lenses. That's how you can tell.