PDA

View Full Version : any of yall use a raven mask?

ZeezNutz
11-29-2001, 04:30 PM
yall i was looking at buying a raven mask and wanted to know what yall think of them. if you have one or have used one give my some input please :)

virus
11-29-2001, 04:41 PM
got one and luv it....
great field of view and comfortable.... i esp like the photochromatic lense of the 2.0 (nonjava) though the removable visor is a little strange imo.... so i usally dont put it on.....

now if they would just put up a link to get another lense on their site.... granted they have thermal lenses listed i want another photocromatic one

XspyX
11-29-2001, 04:52 PM
Yea, I had one. I needed cash so I sold it but I will be purchasing another with an Amber lense soon. It'll be god-like!

Mild 7
11-29-2001, 10:37 PM
How are they compared to JT? I've been using the JT Spectra for 3 years and looking to replace it with the Raven. But I heard they weren't ver comfortable and tend to fog up. As u all know, JT got the thermal lens and the really soft spongy stuff inside the mask and around the lens. Is the Raven 2.0 like that?

prikkaboo
11-30-2001, 01:21 AM
i have a raven too. i love it. the only problem is that i have a pretty small head so it doesnt stay on too good unless i wear a hat. other than that its great. the 2.0 has really soft dense foam. the tinting lense is cool and you get to say photochromatic when people ask and you sound like the smartest guy ever... well maybe not, but you might impress some newbies with your paintball supervocabulary.

mrhooie
11-30-2001, 02:11 AM
The mask is on the small side (like a spectra, but a little smaller in the chin)

Foam rocks - way nicer than the JT

The lens is nice, but I have a friend with a problem and he fogged the photochromatic all the time so they sent him a thermal for free -they were supposed to fix the problem with the single lense... But they're pretty nice

bornl33t
11-30-2001, 02:57 AM
I had 2 raven. one replaced the other because the first was faulty. Neither could hold of fog liek the JT's so I got rid of those crapy things.

Xzion
11-30-2001, 10:24 AM
I have one, the Photochromatic lenses fog up alot for me, but I guess they havnt completely worked out the problem with them yet, I have a Thermal non-photochromatic lense on the way to me, from what i've been told theyre going to be making photochromatic thermal lenses in the future, along with goggle fans, which should help prevent any fogging as well. Im hoping they get it fixed, I would rather not be forced to buy another goggle system, I love my Nuvis-1 2.0 and yeah, the face foam is really nice, best ive ever seen on any goggle system.

prikkaboo; they have goggle straps without the clasp in the back, for use with smaller heads as it allows you to shorten the strap further because the clasp isnt there to limit just how far one can shorten the strap. If I were them, I wouldnt have centerd the clasp in the first place, they should offcenter it to the left so one can adjust it further, not to mention it would be a little easier to reach but hey, thats just my thoughts on it :D

rudy
11-30-2001, 11:09 AM
And i would not reccomend it. The fog gets to be a real problem. I like the way the mask is small and lite. But to many times ive been caught in a wooded feild with some humidity and i am unable to play effectivly due to fog. I have not tried a fan for it yet though

Xzion
11-30-2001, 11:25 AM
rudy; Give Raven a call, they'll send you a free thermal lense, maybe that will solve your problem, and the current photochromatic lenses still have problems, which they are trying to work out, hopefully in time they'll solve the fogging problem.