PDA

View Full Version : automag newby

jcollins
06-23-2005, 09:38 PM
high i am interested in buying an automag and I will need a barrell systym. can you tell me the rate of fire for the automag. And if you could explain to me what is a ans stage two air valve. I also need to know if an automag with an e intelleframe is walkable

Alpha
06-23-2005, 09:55 PM
In mags, walkability coems form the type on on/off you have. IF you have a stock on/off, your mag wont be very walkable. IF you have aULT, you dramaticly reduce the trigger pull. Trigger stops help too.

The ANS valve is crap.. Aftermarket valves aren't very good.. The stock ones are perfect.

EDEpends on what kind of mag. Classic mags wont reach mroe then 8bps fanning. You can't walk a classic. RT valves will be able to walk if you learn how and have a ULT.

I can hit 17 with bounce on my mag. With more input pressure, you can shoot full auto up to and beyond 20bps, its just tourney illegal.

Aslan
06-24-2005, 07:46 AM
What is "walking" and "bounce"? I'm not a speedball player so I have little use for ROF related terms...but I've heard these thrown around and would like to know what they mean.

Jonno06
06-24-2005, 09:47 AM
walking is when you alternatly pull the trigger with your index finger, then your middle finger, then index, and so forth.

bouncing is when the pressure of your air tank and the reactive trigger from the x/rt valve "bounce" the trigger back so you can pull the trigger faster. if the pressure is high enough you can get the trigger to "bounce" off your finger.

myname
07-20-2005, 11:39 AM
In mags, walkability coems form the type on on/off you have. IF you have a stock on/off, your mag wont be very walkable. IF you have aULT, you dramaticly reduce the trigger pull. Trigger stops help too.

The ANS valve is crap.. Aftermarket valves aren't very good.. The stock ones are perfect.

EDEpends on what kind of mag. Classic mags wont reach mroe then 8bps fanning. You can't walk a classic. RT valves will be able to walk if you learn how and have a ULT.

I can hit 17 with bounce on my mag. With more input pressure, you can shoot full auto up to and beyond 20bps, its just tourney illegal.
ALPHA YOU MENTIONED INCREASING PRESSURE TO FASTER BPS GUYS IN MT AREA ARE USING A REG TO INCREASE PRESSURE FROM1000-1200 AN GET ABOUT 25 BPS ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH DOING THIS THANKS

grant40k
07-20-2005, 04:13 PM
ALPHA YOU MENTIONED INCREASING PRESSURE TO FASTER BPS GUYS IN MT AREA ARE USING A REG TO INCREASE PRESSURE FROM1000-1200 AN GET ABOUT 25 BPS ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH DOING THIS THANKS

if i put an rt in my mag can it run more bps?

Pacifist_Farmer
07-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Wow where to start...

It helps to not think of Mags in the same way you think of other guns.

Alpha's right the only valve you will ever need for a mag is the one which comes with the gun, or an upgrade from AGD

your current options are classic, RT, and X

Classic valves are the backbone of the mag community, if your looking for a little spice you need an RT. Jonno06 mentioned the RT bouncing, this happens cause the trigger is forced back against your finger by air pressure (this doesnt happen in a classic, at least as much), that is what makes the RT special. The X valve is for all intents and purposes an aluminum RT.

Both the RT and X are mechanically capable of cycling at 26 BPS, you cant pull a trigger that fast

So using either of these valves and some fine tuning your good to go, I've seen both walked.

If you want an "e" gun, you need to buy an emag, or an Xmag

aftermarket "e" frames are rare for mags basically cause you don't really need them with a good setup, but there are a couple available.

as too using a reg to increase the pressure for increased BPS, Unless they are adjusting the tank reg this really doesnt make a lot of sense. Any reg you put inline between the tank and valve will only restrict the airflow, and should have the opposite effect. Using the tank reg to increase the pressure may verywell be the case, I suppose.

I'm no expert, anybody with more facts feel free to chime in