PDA

View Full Version : true reasons for upgrading cockers

ZeezNutz
11-29-2001, 04:50 PM
my cousin baught a stock autococker and liked it ok at first. it didnt shoot all that great and wasnt really worth the price. well next thing he knew, the entire trigger frame broke in half from the weight of his co2 tank. he had to fix that with an upgrade. things have broken like that one by one till now he has a whole new gun with the exception of the bolt and the body.

the gun now shoots like a dream but when you add up all the costs it took to make it like that his gun cost more then an angel. this is one of the main reason he tells me not to get an autococker. i am going to college next year. i dont need to buy a gun that i will have to spend money on to keep it going. that is why i want a mag so much.

i'm not saying that this is the only reason that people upgrade their guns but i do thing that they are made poorly so that you have to upgrade them. anyone else seen this also?

Muzikman
11-29-2001, 04:56 PM
accually, cockers have gotten very good over the last few years. The 2001 cockers are very good quality.

ZeezNutz
11-29-2001, 05:20 PM
this one was i think a 99

Bartleby
11-29-2001, 05:26 PM
well i think that explains it. a friend of mine had the exact same problem. he was also trying to save up to buy himself a new car but he ended up going into that fund in order to keep replacing his broken parts. don't worry, he wasn't goin for a lexus or anything. but he did spend atleast and extra 700 bucks on upgrades. and i think his is a 99 or a 00 :D

mac2k4
11-29-2001, 06:04 PM
ya would think, that by now companies would stop using those cheap composite frames...

Cha0tic
11-29-2001, 06:36 PM
those frames can be pretty strong. AGD hung a car by the stock automag frame......i forget where that pic is....

Tiny
11-29-2001, 06:40 PM
I have a stock 2001 sto and will not do anything to it. I shoots great.

Zumina
11-29-2001, 07:00 PM
He must have had an oldie, cause the new ones are extremely nice.
They hung a car by the frame? I'd love to see it! (no sarcasm intended)

Wild_Osiris
11-29-2001, 07:54 PM
I am actually thinking about buying a cocker. I have no idea why probably because they intrigue me. But from what I see they have no real advantage. Just about every high end marker or marker in there price range have supeior fire power/capabilities.So I am not sure I am also thinking of buying a bushie. If anyone could give me a few reasons to buy a cocker I would appreciate it. Thanks

nerobro
11-29-2001, 08:05 PM
Cockers, from the factory are very good guns nowdays. Their only weakness lies in the trigger frame and their insistance on using carbon fiber for a sliding surface. the triggers stick :-/ All the front pneumatics are more than up to par with what 98% of players need. Though they all think they need more.

If you are breaking things on a cocker, your'e screwing with it way too much. trying to tune somethign that works, isn't going to get you very far.

As for how well the gun will work for you... it's a very personal thing. Mags, from an engineering standpoint are just amazing. Therefore I own one. I can't shoot it worth a damn. Though we are trying to work that out in another forum here ;-)

The cocker on the other hand is 100% nero compatable. I can go weeks without breaks so long as Im' feeling allright. the seccond to last time I played I was sick.. and managed to chop a lot of paint :-) I think the two are related. The brains of the gun were not feeling well ;-)

I wouldn't buy a cocker unless I was sure it was compatable with me. Same for a mag... I know people who can't do anything but blender my cocker. I know people who can do nothing but good with my mag ;-) that should be enough said.

As for preformance..... The differences only matter on the very fringes of playing paintball. Either the extreme rates of fire, or needing to do emergency maintnance.

Cliffio
11-29-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Tiny
I have a stock 2001 sto and will not do anything to it. I shoots great.

isnt that the point??
its an sto
they arent really stock, its got new phenmatics and everything

oh wel, yeah i say that pic of the car, it was pretty tight, its around the site somewhere, use the search

bofh
11-29-2001, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

oh wel, yeah i say that pic of the car, it was pretty tight, its around the site somewhere, use the search

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15538

Here it is...

One Automag frame holding a Miata...

Tiny
11-29-2001, 10:02 PM
Cliffio

I guess your right. Since it comes from Worr like that I forget it is upgraded. It still rocks!

Lentz
11-29-2001, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ZeezNutz
my cousin baught a stock autococker and liked it ok at first. it didnt shoot all that great and wasnt really worth the price. well next thing he knew, the entire trigger frame broke in half from the weight of his co2 tank. he had to fix that with an upgrade. things have broken like that one by one till now he has a whole new gun with the exception of the bolt and the body.

i'm not saying that this is the only reason that people upgrade their guns but i do thing that they are made poorly so that you have to upgrade them. anyone else seen this also?

First off the cocker stock frames and mag stock frames are the same frames just he mag stock frame has a small milling for the rear screw. SO HOW CAN IT BE CHEAPLY MADE.
Second budd orr doesnt make the cocker to be a cheap pos. You dont need to upgrade your gun at all you just want to with all the neat products there are out there thats half the reason of buying a cocker to make it unique. dont bash cockers just cause you never have owned one. they get better and better every year and the price is as reasonable as it gets for a starting tourny gun at 330 for a vert feed 2k1 cocker how can you go wrong if a cocker is your style. Mags are awesome guns i love them too its just a preference thing between the two and all guns will need some basic maintnence over the years.

ZeezNutz
11-30-2001, 02:01 PM
that was my cousin's gun i was talking about. we live down the street from each other and he is my best friend. i saw this stuff happen to his cocker. then when i told him i was thinking of getting one he gave those reasons for why i should not spend my money on one. i asked if this had happened to anyone else.