PDA

View Full Version : karni info needed

captian pinky
06-24-2005, 06:25 PM
hey guys i am a rec baller and i am looking into getting in to the speedball seen but if that

falls through i want a gun that i can still rip at my local field.i was thinking of picking up a

new or maybe even slightly used e2 kanivor i love recball i have been playing for close to 4

years i have owned a few guns my main gun now a speed demon. style does not effect me,

getting used to things is what i do. Does anyone have any prolems with there karni or have

any suggestions?i am not a newb and do know about cockerssome what any way

also trying to find some info on the board settings, adjustments features, and so one also if

it still need timing or just teaking?

any help is greatly appreciated

MAGS_R_COOL
06-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Welll...overall the karnivore is a GREAT gun for the price. If you can get one w/ E2...because you have the no-bounce softwarwe and better battery efficiency. Karnis definately have the good stock barrel, and there is still timing such as cocking rod and lug. But all the bolt and 3-way timing is involved through the frame. So it becomes a little bit easier just by plugging and playing with the numbers. Overall for under a grand..they are great guns. They are definately a good deal...because you get the accuracy and well reliability of cockers for woodsball/rec ball and you are still able to have the speed for speedball.

WickeDKlowN
06-24-2005, 08:26 PM
They're overrated and IMO, a tad bit on the ugly side.

With that being said, they're aresome guns. Timing wise, all you have to do mechanically is make sure the hammer releases, set the LPR and make sure you're not going to rip the threads out of your back block. Everything else is done electronically. Basically, you get some paint and air and just fiddle with the numbers until you're satisfied. Here (http://cockertech.com/tech_eblade.shtml#tweaking) is a great guide I found earlier today describing how it all works.

NixTheKoolest
06-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Pshhh, don't get a Karni, Just get an E2 J2, It's lighter, faster, quieter, more accurate, sexier, lifetime warranty, and better efficiency...

Available at: www.chipleymachine.com
More Info: www.ccmowners.com
PM me if you want one, I can get you a used one for cheap...

That is, unless you like low quality overpriced paintball blenders...

VFX_Fenix
06-24-2005, 11:54 PM
lighter, faster, quieter, more accurate, sexier, lifetime warranty, and better efficiency...

That is, unless you like low quality overpriced paintball blenders...

Lighter? Maybe
Faster? Hardly
Quieter? Function of barrel more than gun, and AC's are all about the same on the db end of things in my experience.
More Accurate? Function of Barrel and Paint.
Sexier? Okay... maybe....
Lifetime Warranty. Sure... on Chipley Parts, I don't think they support the eclipse bits
Better Efficiency? Reg and spring tuning is more of an issue there.

All things aside though, your last comment is decidedly inflamatory. Overpriced, maybe, but there's nothing low quality about a Karnivor that I'm aware of and they're hardly a paint blender, they're using the same electronic hardware. THat's like saying a Mitsubishi Diesle truck is better than an Izusu diesle truck, they're the same truck with different badging

While I think the CCM guys are great, I live too close to them not to think they're great lol, and I use their products on my 99 RF Cocker because I think they're the best. But saying that the J2 is superior to the Karnivor because, in your opinion, the 'Vor is "an over priced paint blender with worse efficiency/accuracy/speed/weight and louder."

Me, I'd just say the J2 was cheaper.

The Karnivor has one interesting thing going for it and that's the inverted cocking rod for function, and the novelty of color options different than the J2.

Personally if I were going the E-Cocker route, I'd get a Serries 5 and blade it if I were to buy new and I wasn't looking specifically at a Karnivor as my purchase. Because, let's face it, the Karnivor has some cosmetic differences which some might find more appealing, and in a game based so much on image, that counts for something.

And here's to you Nix for being a RAGING CCM Fanboy :cheers:
You're worse than the Newb 10 year old that's convinced that anything that isn't DYE is a substandard piece of excriment that isn't even worth the time it would take to turn your nose up at it.

NixTheKoolest
06-25-2005, 03:41 AM
"Wow", thats all I have to say...He asked for any suggestions and I suggested...Did I hold a gun to his head? No. I merely stated what I believe to be the truth, you don't have to be an *** about it...You could say "I disagree", and you would've gotten the same response...I own a Karni...and an E2'd J2...The J2 is infinitely better (since this is my post all things I state are deemed to be in my opinion). Saying I'm worse than a 10 year old newb...Worse...that could mean just about anything:

>I'm worse than him at paintball
>I'm worse than him at being stupid
>The list could go on and on...

But you failed to specify so I don't really care...

But yes everyone has a favorite company...whoopdy doo, it's not rocket science...But to eliminate confusion, I would like you to know, I have problems with WGP that go deeper than just products and whats 'AGG' I appreciate the fact that you didn't even ask why I don't like WGP. Instead you just piss away time in front of you computer screen making off-the-cuff comments that are completely superfluous to the threads well being, In other words, you Hi-jacked a thread in order vent some sort of apparent anger since I insulted a company might like, or might not like. Regardless, I still see no need to flame/call people names/waste your time on this thread, etc...

So to sum it all up for you lazy readers out there

THE CHIPLEY MACHINE J2 IS, (I STRESS THIS PART SINCE OBVIOUSLY IT ISN'T COMMONLY KNOWN) IN MY OPINION, A BETTER MARKER THAN A WGP KARNIVOR.

captian pinky: I think you should buy a J2 w/ an E2 trigger frame if you are willing to invest the money in that cost bracket of paintball markers, this decision is completely yours to make and can only be made after you are totally sure on whatever you like....Sorry for all the typing above...

Now, VFX_Fenix: I'm not going to sit here and call you names, but please put forth as little as 5 minutes of effort to research my reasoning, if you asked me why I didn't like it, I would go into further detail in a PM in order to keep this thread small...

Love,
Nick

P.S. How do you know I'm not some 9 year old kid trying to make friends over the internet? How would your mother feel if she knew you harassed 9 year olds over the internet?

SpecialBlend2786
06-25-2005, 04:07 AM
P.S. How do you know I'm not some 9 year old kid trying to make friends over the internet? How would your mother feel if she knew you harassed 9 year olds over the internet?

:eek:

chester molester!

yakitori
06-25-2005, 08:26 AM
I wouldnt even bother with a cocker. Of the e cockers Ive shot, they kick more than electropnuematic guns. I dont see how they can be more accurate based on the kick factor alone, esp at high ROF. Everytime I shoot an ecocker...I cringe. The karni looks nice and is fast, but I never can get used to that backblock in front of my face.

For a grand, buy yourself a better gun. Get a DM4, Timmy, or milled viking, or something. Save yourself the timing issues. You can still use any of those guns in woodsball/rec.

Thats my opinion.

player4
06-25-2005, 07:24 PM
I wouldnt even bother with a cocker. Of the e cockers Ive shot, they kick more than electropnuematic guns. I dont see how they can be more accurate based on the kick factor alone, esp at high ROF. Everytime I shoot an ecocker...I cringe. The karni looks nice and is fast, but I never can get used to that backblock in front of my face.

For a grand, buy yourself a better gun. Get a DM4, Timmy, or milled viking, or something. Save yourself the timing issues. You can still use any of those guns in woodsball/rec.

Thats my opinion.

I couldn't agree more; however, if you are going to buy an e-cocker, buy a either an E2'ed J2 or a Series five E2'ed.

My friend owns an E2'ed J2, and I have played with a karnivore before (seriously, it was on a paintball field too). I honestly would pick the Chipley cocker over the WGP cocker because of these factors:

1. The J2 shoots so insanely smooth, I can't describe it. I hate autocockers, but, for some reason, I like shooting the E2'ed J2 because it shoots so smoothly. On the other hand, the karnivore literally feels like a jackhammer compared to the J2. That's all I am going to say because it would be superfluous to type more.

2. Life time warrenty. The J2 has, and WGP does not. My friend broke his pump arm within the first few weeks of owning the cocker (it was his fault too). Chipley replaced it no questions asked.

3. Quality. The chipley autococker (no matter what anyone else says) is going to have better quality. I'm not entirely sure how to describe this, but I'll just add a few random comments on how to explain it: You can feel the difference in your hands, the J2 just feels like a much more solid marker. In addition, stock, my friends J2 shot 19 bps (yes, the E2 was bouncing). The Karnivore might be able to do that, I'm not entirely sure; however, my friend bought the J2 mech. and later put on an E2 on it......and it was still capable of 19 bps. That's insane for a closed bolt marker.

4. Customer service. The guys over at chipley are awesome. You can literally talk to the same guys who are putting together a marker you just bought from them by simply calling them on the phone. Being a big company, I can guaruntee you that there is no way that you could even reach someone over at WGP.

5. You know the feeling of winning if you are an underdog? It's that feeling everytime you shoot someone with a WGP out...Roll with the little guy. WGP, K2, Inc, has become so large recently that the rapid inflation results in overall poor quality, this is first hand experience, so, before you flame me since you have nothing else to do with your otherwise vapid life except make fun of people with small post counts and masturbate to pictures of guns certified "AGG" soak that up in your mind. What I don't seem to understand is why you have called Nix in essence, a Chipley label whore...Nothing is wrong with Chipley Custom Machine, in fact most paintball companies should strive to even meet the standards that CCM has set higher and higher each year.

6. If PGI magazine and Splat magazine agree with Nix, I would go with the assumption that Nix knows what is going on, or he is literate, either way, he has a better streak of intelligence than you do. PGI and Splat magazine determines the rating of guns in comparison to its compition and predecessors. The J2 was indeed named a few titles it should in fact be proud of, such as, "one of the best values in paintball", "Worth every penny", and also "Nearest competition is a distant 2nd". Two major paintball publications like it, so obviously the J2 is doing something right...

Accuracy-wise, as stated is indeed a paint to barrel match, so comparing the stock barrel on the J2 to the stock barrel on the Karni...Well there is no comparison...These are both stock parts, so I would consider them parts of the marker. But anyways, from firsthand experience, I have found the CCM kit to be better...Yes the barrel is detatchable, but as stated earlier, it's stock, so we are talking out of the box, air up and go performance

I could go on and on......but I think you get the point. Both the Karnivore and an E2'ed J2 are great autocockers. The J2 is simply better........Even that crazy guy "VFX_Fenix" suggested to buy a chipley marker. He said to buy a Series Five. He also concured with Nix that the J2 is sexier, also saying that in this great sport of paintball, Image is everything. If image is everything, why did you even post if you think the J2 is nicer? That is the pot calling the kettle black (Oh, crap, gotta state it again so I don't get sued or flamed, this is my opinion). If I am correct, (no point in stating that, because I am always right) that's basically a J2 without milling and without a barrel kit.

Faster? Hardly my ***, the J2's ram is incredibly fast for a stock ram...The highest line ram that WGP endorses in my understanding is the Nexus ram with Q.E.V.'s...The J2 ram is proven through studies that it is faster than the Nexus ram if you would like an explanation, here goes:

The bore size of the rams interior is larger in diameter, which causes the pressure required to move the ram to dwindle, combining that with CCM's miniscule reciprocating mass (also stock on the J2) makes the ram's sheer speed Jaw-dropping.

It's people like you that should stick to the 'small talk' forums on PbNation.

Love,
Jake

P.S. (VFX_Fenix) I am in no way a CCM fan. I don't own even one of their products. I was simply thoroughly impresed by my friends J2. Plus, I'm awesome.

P.P.S. (NixTheKoolest) Thank you for extremely constructive input, I'm sorry you were inconvienenced by having to read all of these long posts...

frop
06-25-2005, 07:30 PM
They smell like cabbage :(

player4
06-25-2005, 08:07 PM
They smell like cabbage :(

It's paintball...You smell like cabbage.

frop
06-25-2005, 08:11 PM
It's paintball...You smell like cabbage.
Damn, I lost my ticket for the 7:15 humor train. :tard:

And actually, I smell like smoke.

VFX_Fenix
06-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Actually I'm kinda happy I got a rise outta Nix. I just didn't feel like sitting around letting obviously biased and even slanderous remarks go unchecked. Not that my personal attacks on Nix were called for necesarily, but the comments directly about the Karnivor being what ammounts to a pile of poo certainly aren't helpful. I'm also happy that he has reasons for making the comments he did, I've run into too many people who will just off-handedly say things (case in point, the "DYE" salesman that isn't a salesman but he talks down about everything that isn't DYE at Camp Penelton) like Nix did and have no good reason other than name recognition to base their arguments on. Generally its something as lame as "Because XXXX makes the best gear."

All things aside, CCM does make a very good product and I would recommend the Serries 5 to anyone, either as a pump, mech, or electro gun.

About the only problem with the J2 right now, as far as a new gun is concerned, is that after buying an E2 for it it's like $1100-1200 if you buy new from CCM (unless they have some deal going that I'm not aware of). The Serries 5 with an E2 new is somewhere in the neighborhood of $700-800 new ($384 for the gun and around $350-400 for the E2). I suppose if the milling is worth that much to you the extra $$$ is money well spent, but the S5 is the same gun internally.

I love CCM's stuff, but I also like to think that I can be fair about it too lol. Maybe I've failed, and that's okay. Personally I wouldn't buy a Karnivor or a Serries 5/J2 if I were going to get an Electro gun because to me, this is great, the 'Cocker and it's ilk are mechanical guns. Having them driven with software is just sacraligious to me.

NixTheKoolest
06-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Or you could say this: "NixTheKoolest, I am sorry for flaming you, it just utterly frustrates me when people 'write checks they can't cash' thank you for backing up your case and showing the paintball world that you are kickass"

And I would've said this in response:"I am also sorry, I used too big of words."

VFX_Fenix
06-25-2005, 09:09 PM
No such luck there. :spit_take

EDIT - Why don't you elighten us with your reasons for bashing the 'Vor so harshly Nix? :rolleyes:

NixTheKoolest
06-25-2005, 09:55 PM
No such luck there...

It would be superfluous to explain why I "bashed the 'vor" at this point in time. It has been displayed by several people, including yourself, that chipley autcockers are superior. As I stated, it is essentially pointless to explain my criticism now that it has been agreed that captian pinky (assuming he's buying an autococker) should purchase a chipley depending on his cash flow.
Oh wait, I'm "worse than the Newb 10 year old that's convinced that anything that isn't DYE is a substandard piece of excriment that isn't even worth the time it would take to turn your nose up at it (quoting you, VFX_Fenix)." I guess that means that makes my commments frivolous (even though we have the opinion on this subject). Sorry for wasting your time.

NixTheKoolest
06-25-2005, 09:58 PM
:cheers: :spit_take :rolleyes:

I want to fit in by posting lame emoticons.

captian pinky
06-26-2005, 05:09 PM
he guys thanx but i posted asking about the karni not about the j2. ccm are great guns but for the price i could get that i could get a used karni, more what i was looking for.i am looking for oout of the box performance not looking to buy from here or there but one place pull the gun out and rip like a karni. i do understand that these people helping are trying to save me money, but i am more intrested in a karni than in e2 j2 or any other eblade.i posted to ask about the karni not other eblades although i agree that j2 e2 is a good gun and i love ccm.i am looking for settings performance issues previous problems.

thanx for the help guys

and i know my grammer is bad but i through this to gether and im 14 so not like i need it or anything just kidding