PDA

View Full Version : Y-Board?

spyder65
06-24-2005, 11:33 PM
hey i was thinkin about getting the VL eVLution II loader (clear) from www.paintballgear.com and it says it comes with a Y-Board. i know that it is a computer upgrade but i'm not sure how it helps the loader so if anyone knows please tell me.

hobbesTZ
06-24-2005, 11:41 PM
The Y-board isn't anything special, the Z-board is the actual upgrade. I'd recommend an Apache over the Eggy, I love mine and it's definately more durable.

wombo102
06-24-2005, 11:45 PM
i thought apache's only went 13, but then again, i dont really know my loaders, so i could be wrong, i just got a halo cuz it is the fastest

VFX_Fenix
06-25-2005, 12:18 AM
The Apache is similar to the Evo II and is basically Ricochette's version of the Evo II.

Y-board is the stock Evo II board and will spin at a constant rate when it doesn't see paint. The Z-Board will spin quickly so long as it sees paint moving past its eyes but will spin slower when it hasn't seen paint in a little while to allow a ball that might just be bouncing around to fall onto the raceway and to save batteries and when it senses that the paint isn't moving anymore (shooting has stopped) it will spin a little more to put positive force on the ball stack.

I like how Rics distribute weight on my markers instead of my Egg which puts a lot of weight behind the feed neck, admittedly I haven't had a HALO on any of my guns so I don't know how they feel too much. Biggest complaint with the Rics though is their lid placement. Aside from that, nice hoppers.

spyder65
06-25-2005, 02:46 PM
The Y-board isn't anything special, the Z-board is the actual upgrade. I'd recommend an Apache over the Eggy, I love mine and it's definately more durable.
ya but i thought the egg2 was sposed to hold 20 more balls than the apache...is this true?

paint magnet
06-25-2005, 11:35 PM

The Y board was an upgrade over the board that came with the Evo IIs when they first came out. Now it's become standard, the speed adjustment knob is gone and there's nothing but an on/off switch and LED light. The Z board is an upgrade over the Y board that allows the propellor inside the loader to rotate a little farther when stopped so that the flexible blades put pressure on the ball stack.

68magOwner
06-26-2005, 01:19 AM
i prefered my apache over eggs for shure, with that said, do yourself a favor and get a halo or reloader B