PDA

View Full Version : no emag boot up

ya motha
06-25-2005, 07:18 PM
alright comrades here is the situation. last night i pulled out my buddies' emag that has been in layup for about a month and a half and installed a fireblade trigger. this morning i charged his battery in my truck. i got home and popped the battery on to discover that i was getting a no load. i have perused the tech forums for about an hour now trying to find a solution. i have checked the connections, tightened the contact screw on the forward part of the frame, tightened the ground screw, reversed the magnet on the fireblade, pulled the magnet out, and switched it with the stock trigger magnet all with the same result. i havent had a chance to test the gun on mech mode due to my lack of air. any input would be greatly appreciated.

VFX_Fenix
06-25-2005, 07:40 PM
How long did you let the battery charge for? After a month or so I'd imagine it's discharged enough to warrant a full recharge which is a few hours. CHeck the connections on the board to see if any are loose, check the positive lead for integrity if you have a multi-meter and also check that the battery actually took a charge. There is the chance that the battery pack is just dead and needs replacing.

ya motha
06-25-2005, 11:36 PM
thanks for the input i will give it an overnight charge tonight. if that doesnt work my buddy will just have to live with mech mode until i can take some readings at work monday. thank you again.

player4
06-26-2005, 12:06 AM
So it's not an HES magnet problem correct?

athomas
06-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Try booting the emag without any magnet in the trigger. If the HES magnet was causing an issue, the removal of this magnet will at least allow the gun to boot up.

Get a voltage meter. Measure the voltage of your battery and the voltage at the board when the battery is connected.