PDA

View Full Version : PBC.....what's wrong with it?

Zumina
11-29-2001, 07:01 PM
Anyone know what happened to Paintball City? I've been trying to acess it for the past few days and it keeps coming up with either a 404 or a plain ole' error....

pharcyde
11-29-2001, 07:03 PM
they are moving their server to some place else. should be back up again soon.

Cliffio
11-29-2001, 07:24 PM
they chenged from a server in new york to a server in kansas city

its was posted for days on the main page

he said it would just be a day or so, but its been 3

they are trying to make steps in the site being cheaper to run and cheaper to join

whats your pbc name?
just wonderin

im Purple Bananas

damageinc54
11-30-2001, 01:05 AM
I used to live on paintball city. Ever since they went to a pay site it has slowly died. My membership expires there in about a month and I have no intention of renewing

Bain
11-30-2001, 01:13 AM
Jim is simply waiting on the DNS to switch over, could take anywhere from 1-3 days. Should be back up in the near future though.

Doobie
11-30-2001, 10:12 AM
I too will let my PBC sub run out. I have the same nickname as here. When it went pay, I jumped on to see it succeed. It has not. A forum with only 60 some odd members does not work well. I will say that some of the new things they added after going pay were great, but without the member numbers being as high as they were, you can't take advantage of them. The big sticking point with a lot of people was the "Video" debacle.
:(

paintballrulzs
11-30-2001, 04:56 PM
whew some1 else is havin this problem.

Bain
11-30-2001, 05:20 PM
Hey, you all should go sign up for the Get Paintball.com/Synergy Paintball.com Message Boards, has alot of the same great features as PBC and it's free!

www.synergypaintball.com