PDA

View Full Version : We need some sweet eye covers

poonjar
06-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Devil mags and other mags with eyes (mine included)are useing cut off eclipse eye covers, if you ask me they look ghetto. Anyone else want some better eye covers? Anyone want to make some?

MadPSIence
06-26-2005, 06:03 PM
would be nice.. I'm going to need some soon

ojhspyro89
06-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Im stuck with electric tape on my defiant lol.

Im no expert on devil mags but if you could find like a pipe that has the same ID as the ule bodys OD, you could take sections of them and cut the pipe into like a quarter or however much you need then use it. You could make them rather sweet if ya' had a lathe or something. I dunno, get some pics anyway just to see how ghetto they really are.

MadPSIence
06-26-2005, 07:04 PM
i believe making a magnetic eye cover isn't TOO hard.. but you do need metal working tools..

magman007
06-26-2005, 07:25 PM
how would you attach it to your marker if it was magnetic? the best thing to do would be a set screw sized hole in the top of the body where the body gets thicker for the feedneck, and another one in the rail. the only place where there is enough meat to hold a screw on.

tony3
06-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Well it wouldn't be feasable to make one at all. How many devil mags are out there 25? Probably not even that many. How many of those people would want eye covers? 15-18? Yeah...

CKY_Alliance
06-26-2005, 11:02 PM
actually devilmags use compund eye covers unless you dont want them then i believe he uses eclipse.But the compound are spose to be really good and not let any dirt or light in etc..

BigEvil
06-27-2005, 07:41 AM
actually devilmags use compund eye covers unless you dont want them then i believe he uses eclipse.But the compound are spose to be really good and not let any dirt or light in etc..

Or, let you take the eyes out to clean them. (At least as far as I know). If covers were a problem with letting light in, then all of the guns would be using some ghetto looking compound. The reason why the detector eye is shaded dark is to prevent visible light in.

The eclipse covers arent that bad. Ive seen Coolhand do custom ones on his Predator installs that are really nice. I think if you look in the dealers forum for his "Authorized Predator Install" thread there is a pic of a really nice e-tac with eye covers on it that he made.

Asym
06-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Well it wouldn't be feasable to make one at all. How many devil mags are out there 25? Probably not even that many. How many of those people would want eye covers? 15-18? Yeah.
Its not just devilmags, E-mags with ULE bodies and new boards need them also.

tony3
06-27-2005, 11:29 AM
How many emags with new boards, i.e. predator 2 installs have them? Probably not very many.

Automaggot68
06-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Or, let you take the eyes out to clean them. (At least as far as I know). If covers were a problem with letting light in, then all of the guns would be using some ghetto looking compound. The reason why the detector eye is shaded dark is to prevent visible light in.

The eclipse covers arent that bad. Ive seen Coolhand do custom ones on his Predator installs that are really nice. I think if you look in the dealers forum for his "Authorized Predator Install" thread there is a pic of a really nice e-tac with eye covers on it that he made.

While I cannot attest to his eye cover installs, I can to his Pred Installs.
Hooboy. He even made me a custom harness so I could transplant the board into another Timmy I had at the time.