PDA

View Full Version : what gun

marctooshbro
06-26-2005, 07:10 PM
what pump gun should i get and tell me why for under 100

CaptainNeeda
06-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Depends on the price range you are willing to go to.

50 to 100 bucks, go with a PGP or a Traccer, or something like that. They are a rock solid value.

For about 200 to 300, go with a Phantom. They are the King of pumpers, in my opinion. They are light, efficient, and look fantastic.

Try Pbreview for a great list of pump guns w/ their prices...

magman007
06-26-2005, 07:17 PM
pgp

frop
06-26-2005, 07:39 PM
pgp
QFTBCPGPSRMS

Aslan
06-26-2005, 08:29 PM
what pump gun should i get and tell me why for under 100

Depends on your background.

If you are trying to "get into pumps"...buy a Tiger Shark for $1-$10 and see how you like pump play. It's accurate, light, and durable enough to last you a season. If you like pump play...you can get a trracer for $30-$40...a Brute (if you can find one) for $50. I don't have experiecne with the maverick or hornet...I know a maverick is going to run you $70...and I've heard hornets and mavericks are a bit more upgradable.

I can't endorse getting a phantom or pgp or any of those >$300 pumps because:
A) You specified under $100.
B) I can't find one person who can tell me what advantage you get from a $300 pump other than the "look at me ...I can afford to blow $300" factor. Some people start talking about how phantoms and such allow you to shoot faster and this and that...pretty much making it a semi-auto disguised as a pump or something...I don't know...it's confusing. :tard:

I voted Brute...because it (when the power tube isn't broken) is the best pump for velocity accuracy I've ever used. :shooting: :cheers:

MadPSIence
06-26-2005, 08:44 PM
QFTBCPGPSRMS

quoted for truth because PGP's rock my socks? (total guess)

Ion owner
06-26-2005, 08:48 PM
my lil brother picked up a brute for like $20 on ebay, and, well, i preety much adopted it once he decided against pump play. now, im no pump efficianado, more of the guy with the pump laying around for whenever im too poor for paint, but, the brute has performed flawlessly, 2 of my teammates have phantoms for the same reason i have the brute (just for cheap fun play) and why yes, i can see what the extra $$ makes up, but, for casual pumping, i think the brute serves its purpose just as well

warbeak2099
06-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Find a used WGP Ranger. They had cocker threading so you'd be able to put an aftermarket barrel on it. One that fits the pump handle of course. They're also pretty solid. I've seen used ones go for $75. Very rare though.

frontrunner
06-26-2005, 11:36 PM
they are blowing out the pscho b. cockers, i think you can find a basic one for about 70 and then a wgp pump kit is 30

frop
06-27-2005, 03:06 PM
quoted for truth because PGP's rock my socks? (total guess)
Hooray for you, I guess? :ninja:

I hope nobody pays more than $100 for a PGP, seriously.

peewee
06-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Of those markers specifically listed ( used phantoms go for around $125 I'm a CCI guy) I personally would go with the hornet (closed breech with the under arm pump rod easier to keep clean etc) with the maveric/tracer (same gun) second. The brute has an issue with the power tube breaking & trying to shoot the guts out the end of the barrel. The SL68II is also an option sell used for around $50 on ebay.

marctooshbro
06-27-2005, 10:43 PM
the thing is i dont have a pump gun right now and i have never tried on so i dont want to spent 120 on a gun i will never use but thanks anyway

RingOfScale
06-28-2005, 04:35 AM
based off you above post, buy the cheapest piece of (human waste) that you can find. Play with it for a few days, and it doesnt matter if it breaks, cause u only spent 10-15 bucks on it!. Then, if you like pump play, get yourself a nicer gun (like a used phantom). Much cheaper then getting $60 gun and then decideing u wanted a nicer gun from the start, yet serves the same purpose. Also cheaper if it turns out u dont like pump :) Either way, its better to get the cheapist thing u can just to test out pump play for a few days.

-RinG