PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Chrono..

Cameo
06-26-2005, 10:32 PM
I spent my day yesterday at a local childrens camp helping set up for paint ball... I realized they don't have a Chrono at all. They use old spiders and tippys but alot of people do bring thier own markers to play with.. Some of the kids were coming off the field with horrible horrible welts I am assuming because they were hit at to high of a psi.
I need info on where to get a chrono machine (or whatever they are called), What is the average cost? How hard is to find them used? Do any companies sponser or donate to things such as childrens camps?? ect.

Thanks for your help
~steph

Jaan
06-26-2005, 10:40 PM
A lot of paintball stores have them, there are small units that you can hang around your neck ... you simply place them under the barrel to chrony. Most go for around $100 or a little less. You can also get them at hunting stores, since there are models that are larger but have a larger range of measurement, so you can chrony firearms. Those cost about the same for a decent model and might be more practical for you if firearms and reloading is a hobby of yours.

ultralight
06-26-2005, 11:02 PM
you can get a factory reconditioned shooting chrony's from shootingchrony.com for $50.

drg
06-27-2005, 12:40 AM
If you are doing any sort of volume, I would suggest a true folding type chrony rather than the yellow handheld model. I have both and while the handheld model is great for compactness, it is a lot slower to operate than the larger models, which can be put on stands and constantly read shots.

tony3
06-27-2005, 11:46 AM
http://www.xpaintball.com/chronographs.html

Those big red ones are by far the best option if you have the money, the little yellow ones are the next best.

Lohman446
06-27-2005, 01:02 PM
For a children's camp I would put together a letter and send it to national paintball supply - they are used to sponsoring teams and may help out for something like this in terms of equipment and paint prices at least.

professor_chaos
06-27-2005, 10:15 PM
I helped run a childrens camp for cancer victims last year and we used one of the yellow hand held chronos. We just set all the guns to 220 fps to reduce the welts and the kids had a blast. Not trying to tell you your business but make sure you have the parental waivers for the kids, I know some parents like to complain about jr. having a bruise.