PDA

View Full Version : Viper Comming to South Jersey In September!

PyroManiac
06-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Viper Is bringing his hot new RTS (real Time Strategy) game to USANA in Pittsgrove. He will be teaming up with Pyro Paintball Productions to bring world class paintball to South Jersey!

Blue's Crew is confirmed for the event, already as is a ton of the biggest Scenario Teams in the Tri state area.

Here's a run down of some of the details:

USANA Paintball
Elmer, NJ (Just down the road from National Paintball Supply's world headquarters)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jacksonbl/index2.html

Presents:

The Cold War...Reheated

Viper Viper RTS

Start Date: 2005-09-24 - 12:00:00
End Date: 2005-09-25 - 14:00:00
Walkon Cost: $ 60
Pre-Game Cost: $ 50 - MUST be Postmarked no later than: 2005-09-07
Early Bird Cost: $ 45 - MUST be Postmarked no later than: 2005-08-24

Side A: USA
Side B: USSR
Contact Telephone: 856-933-2884

You can follow this link to USANA's site

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jacksonbl/index2.html

or goto www.pyropaintball.org (pyro's new site that will be online June 29th)

Event Details:

Revisit the days of the Cold War as an epic battle breaks out between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.. Two commanders face off on the field of battle to decide, once and for all, the fate of their nations...and the world.

Viper RTS is designed around the same concepts as Warcraft, Starcraft, Command and Conquer, and other "real time strategy" video and computer games. The commanders make the decisions and dictate the missions. Our Computerized Tracking System (CTS) tracks their accomplishments and score on a minute-to-minute basis. Two armies compete for multiple objectives that provide score points or resources, as well as bonuses such as helicopters, demolitions techs, and even nuclear missiles.

But the game is in the hands of the commanders and the players. No more "missions to nowhere" or waiting for a mission card. The play is fast and exciting, with less waiting and less "downtime" between battles. There is no need to insert into your base. Contact your commander from the hospital and insert directly into the field. There is even an available "Field Hospital" that is nearer the center of the field, allowing you to get back into play faster (if your side controls it).

So come out and discover the next evolution of paintball...Viper RTS!

In an effort to encourage pre registration late and walk on players will not be eligible for any of the free gun drawings, although they will be able to win any of the other great prizes such as hoppers, packs, goggles, and more!

Register by the "Early Bird" deadline and you will have a shot at winning one of two complete ProSeries 5 Fin Value Cases from our friends at Hammerhead Paintball. These barrel kits have taken over the paintball world, outclassing and outshooting anything else on the market.

Fathers Day special!!! Fathers and sons who register at the same time, in the same envelope, may both take $5 off of their admission price!

If you wish to register for the event you may print out the Player Registration Form and mail it along with your check or money order to
Pyro Paintball Productions
P.O. Box 40
Bellmawr, NJ 08099

AFTER YOU REGISTER PLEASE WATCH OUR FORUMS FOR CONFIRMATIONS, SIDE ASSIGNMENTS, CAMPING INFO, SCHEDULE, AND ANY AND ALL UPDATES ON THE EVENT. WE POST ALL INFORMATION THERE SO AS KEEP YOU AS UP-TO-DATE AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT INUNDATING OUR CUSTOMERS WITH EMAILS.

Checks and money orders should be made payable to "Pyro Paintball Productions"

If you are under 18 you will also need to mail in the Minor Medical Release.

All deadlines listed above are postmark deadlines, so be sure you get your registration in the mail by the deadline.

We will be giving away hundreds of dollars in door prizes, but only pre registered players are eligible for the many paintball guns to be given away, so register early!

Chuck Stone
856-933-2884
pyropaintball@comcast.net
www.pyropaintball.org

PsychoBaller
07-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Now that Skirmish's D-Day is over, I think I shall attend this event.

I gots the Scenario fever running through my veins. Do you guys have any possible estimates yet on how many people are gonna show?

Big'n slo
07-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey Chuck!
I'll be there :)

Darthmag99
07-13-2005, 01:31 PM
I have attended many of Chucks events, and Hes doing a great job of organizing...is this a 24 hour event game, and is there camping available for those of us from Upstate Ny who may want to go?

Darth

Big'n slo
07-13-2005, 02:08 PM
I have attended many of Chucks events, and Hes doing a great job of organizing...is this a 24 hour event game, and is there camping available for those of us from Upstate Ny who may want to go?

Darth

Looks to be a 24hr event
Last two events held at USANA had on-site camping available.

PsychoBaller
07-14-2005, 11:25 AM
I camped out at Skirmish for D-Day and it was a blast. Gots a 4 person $99 tent... cant beat that (Dicks Sporting Goods or Kmart even).

PyroManiac
07-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the kind words! You guys were there when we started & stood by us while we ironed out all of the bumps now we want you guys to reap the benefits!

Without stand up guys like you we would never have been able to draw a National Promoter like Viper to South Jersey to hold some fun events.

Can't wait to see you all again!
Chuck (Pyro)

PyroManiac
07-20-2005, 04:42 PM
There is always room for the ambitious. Email me @ pyropaintball@comcast.net & we'll talk about hooking you up!

Thanks for the energy!
Guys like you help make the event fun!

Chuck

In terms of Scenarios...

I recently attended Skirmish's D-Day 05', and my random assigned rank was a Captain, specialty in Command. Now, rather than just be a follower, as most people were, I get all up into the game. I tried to boost morals, lead charges and gernerally organize things, from the front lines, to doing recon to implementing defenses and assault/ambush tactics...

Is it possible if I register early enough, that I ask for special assignment, or special forces placement and such??

I'm just a random baller, but I put my all into such games. I am fully customizable in terms of warfare placement. My mentality is solid, my skills are honed, I just need deployment!

-Chris "PsychoBaller" Soriano

PyroManiac
07-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Viper Event is heating up!

We already have verbal commitments from some of the area's biggest & most respected scenario teams such as: Blue's Crew, Joint Fury, RTD, Delta, TTM, PUD,Son's Of Liberty, Knight Stalkers, ThunderStruck, Pain, Sprye Bane, AGD, Atomic, Dead Ringers, Undertakers,Riot Squad, Old Men & Heavy Weights, Pub Crawling, the Undertakers and many many more...

(Email me if we left you off list!)

This is starting to shap eup into a who's who of scenario paintball teams! I hope you guys can make it, I hear alot of good things about your team!

Chuck Stone
856-933-2884
www.pyropaintball.org

PsychoBaller
07-21-2005, 01:19 AM
There is always room for the ambitious. Email me @ pyropaintball@comcast.net & we'll talk about hooking you up!

Thanks for the energy!
Guys like you help make the event fun!

Chuck

Emailed.

Also, at the skirmish event, I briefly chatted with Team Extreme Measures. You should contact them about possibly attending. Awesome Scenario Team. Got most valuable Team this year at Skirmish D-Day!

-baller

Big'n slo
08-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Not to far away now!

This will prolly be the first game of PB I'll play this year.

Sad ain't it?

PsychoBaller
08-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Not really. D-Day 05 up at Skirmish was the first PB Related Gaming i've gone to since IAO 04 !!!

I've been mad busy with a g/f, job, and Fraternity stuff.

This will be fun though.

PyroManiac
08-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Can't wait for the big game! Feel free to bring some frat brothers too LOL!

Big'n-Slo you guys know what side you want to play for yet?

Pyro

Big'n slo
08-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Can't wait for the big game! Feel free to bring some frat brothers too LOL!

Big'n-Slo you guys know what side you want to play for yet?

Pyro

Are FAT brothers ok? I gots a couple of them :D

No clue on the side thing, Last two times I just filled in for whomevers team was short.

Get the map yet Chuck?

PsychoBaller
08-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Big, sign up for USSR like myself. You can be my wing commander, heh

My largest brother is nicknamed "Beef".... he is roughly 6'3" 350 of pure... well... beef. Sorta a build like that jacked up guy from Sin City

Big'n slo
08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Big, sign up for USSR like myself. You can be my wing commander, heh

*sings*

This chick's rocking your bro on the dance floor...
But she's towin' an anchor,
A junior investment banker
Who's talkin' about herself and not much more.

So buy her a beer,
It's the reason your here
Mighty Wingman

You're takin' one for the team
So your buddy can live the dream
Wingmaaaaaaan!

:dance:

http://www.upforanything.net/wingman.jpg

PyroManiac
08-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Heres the basic Itinerary... (Subject to change & Kitchen hours will be posted soon)

Phase One

0900hrs Friday - Camping Open
?ThunderDome Opens (SWAT House) 1vs1, 2vs2 & Team hostage rescues!
1700hrs - Registration, paint/air sales open
2100hrs - All services close
0001hrs (12:01 am) - "Quiet time" starts. No loud music or partying.
No alcoholic beverages allowed from 2am until the end of play on Sunday afternoon

Phase Two (Saturday)

0800hrs - All services open
10:30hrs - Mandatory Player Orientation
1200hrs - Game on!
1730hrs - Dinner break
1930hrs - Game on!
0300hrs - Scheduled stand-down (May be earlier or later depending on field population and participation)

Phase Three (Sunday)

0800hrs - All services open
0900hrs - Game on!
1400hrs - Stand-down
Awards, scores, and prizes to follow ASAP

PsychoBaller
08-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Just a general question... How will play go on in the dark? Granted some crazys will have night vision... but the average player does not, most likely less than 5-10% of the players.

I was at Skirmish D-Day 05 and Saturday play was SUPPOSED/RUMORED to go till 1am+ (sunday morning). However since it was DARK and humid as heck... play pretty much ended at 10-11pm. Nobody could see anything, and the refs with flashlights was kinda lame.

Can you possibly be more realistic with how long play will last on Saturday?

I still say someone should look into (though more expensive), glow in the dark paint. But night play in general = safety out the window

paullus99
08-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Knight Stalkers/OPFOR will have a large contingent for this one - really looking forward to this kind of classy event so close to home. As far as the night play goes, yes, there will be nightvision on both sides & I usually recommend trying to team up in small fire teams, built around one or two night vision wearers (they can see & direct the rest of the group).

FPS is always turned waaaay down at night (250 or lower) - and it still pays to be very careful. Final time on the field will depend a lot on the weather, the players, and misc other factors. I, for one, enjoy night play - it adds a whole other level.

Looking forward to seeing more Mags there too - my Tac has been a godsend this season.

PyroManiac
08-08-2005, 10:22 PM
If everything falls into place there will be 2 lit fields & the rest dark... play usually goes until the sides agree to call it. Weather & moonlight have a lot to do with it...

I would be a liar if I gave you a more definate answer...

Pyro

PyroManiac
08-17-2005, 06:21 AM
Almost forgot...

"Register by the "Early Bird" deadline (Aug. 24th) and you will have a shot at winning one of two complete ProSeries 5 Fin Value Cases from our friends at Hammerhead Paintball. These barrel kits have taken over the paintball world, outclassing and outshooting anything else on the market."

Pyro
Pyropaintball@comcast.net
856-933-2884
www.pyropaintball.org

Big'n slo
08-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Upping this for all those who can't make it to Canada :(

:cheers:

PyroManiac
09-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Looks like the Insurance issues with the tanks are settled & we will have tanks on both teams! Buzzkill vs ArmoredFist!

Also 3 magazines registered to cover the event already with couple more expected!
Paintball Sports
Scenario News
PB2x

Will be in Da House!

Pyro

Big'n slo
09-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Looks like the Insurance issues with the tanks are settled & we will have tanks on both teams! Buzzkill vs ArmoredFist!

Also 3 magazines registered to cover the event already with couple more expected!
Paintball Sports
Scenario News
PB2x

Will be in Da House!

Pyro

I will not be part of a full out, head on, charge of a tank this time :argh:

PyroManiac
09-05-2005, 07:36 AM
I guess someone was at the front of that charge lol!

That charge will go down in Pyro History... That took some balls... but it sounds like you did too LOL!

Pyro

1stdeadeye
09-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Too close to home to not check out.

Big'n slo
09-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Too close to home to not check out.
Damn right you'll be there, even if I have to drag you outta your house!

SixRomeo
09-27-2005, 03:34 PM
I'd like to thank everyone who came out to play for the Russian side. I could not have done it withouot the discipline and enthusiasm of the great individuals and teams who played for the Russian side at USANA last weekend. I have tried my best to ensure that every team who played for us got a personal "thank you," although they deserve much more.

However, in my remarks on stage after winning that coveted "Victorious Commander" penant after the game, it occurs to me that I forgot to publicly thank my fellow Dead Ringers for all of the hard work, planning and off-duty preparation that they did before anyone even stepped foot on the field. Without them, especially, I might have had a totally different experience altogether, and a different outlook on generaling a big game.

First and foremost, I thank my XO, Shanghai, for the single-mindedness with which he prepared for this game months in advance. If any of you saw the truly kick-*** maps that we were fortunate enough to have for this game, you know a lot of work went into them, and Shanghai deserves the majority of the credit for painstakingly re-creating most every square foot of trail, objective and woodland on that field.

But that's not all. Shanghai also served as tactical commander on the ground, taking care of the things that I couldn't and getting them done without my having to ask. In any book, that quality equals victory. If I needed some out-of-the-way objective checked for a flag, he was halfway there by the time I asked him to get there. He was irreplaceable from game on to game over, and I thank him as a commander and a friend for that.

The rest of the Dead Ringers also had key roles (literally) in this game. Homer, whom I have known for longer than I have been playing the game, was my first engineer, and got quite a workout sprinting from flag station to flag station, knocking the enemy's flags out and helping us gain points all the more rapidly.

Steeler, as always, was a born warrior out there, taking it to the masses of enemies with his usual vigor and fearlessness.

Joe and Fred proved once again to be double trouble, picking off player after player with their flatlines, and denying the opposition any more ground than they deserved.

Krink, one of our newest members, was again master of the flanking maneuver and an invaluable second engineer, making it a little easier on Homer later in the game.

Mad Mike and Kaiser, who we had the honor of inducting into the Dead Ringers this weekend, proved that they are, indeed, more than worthy of being part of our sacred brotherhood.

All in all, I count myself lucky to be a part of such a great organization. Any of you who enjoyed taking it to the blue team have nothing to thank me for. If you must toss praise about, be sure to toss most of it to my brothers...

The Dead Ringers.

Graham (aka Alpha)
Dead Ringers
www.DeadRingersPB.com